Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Blues get burned for jerkin around in their own zone for way too long. Just hoist it up high or something, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
the blues are playing a bad hockey game and somehow are tied

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Thank you, all.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Shattenkirk showing the defensive skills that he's known for

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues in the defensive zone are just as loving dumb as they are in the offensive zone: stickhandling and passing with no shots on net except all the shots on net

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Kale posted:

Tokes in a shootout :stonk:

Actually he's just loving bad period.

Tokarski looking into the back of the net before Elias had even shot was just kind of sad.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I really like Jamie Benn, you guys. :siren:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

FI-RE HITCH-COCK *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

They're gonna let that be a goal when the whistle went two seconds prior?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lol blues sucking dick against a basement team

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

THE ROUS IS LOOSE :siren:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Isn't like you are making it to the WCF anyway

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Not enough buy in, need more north-south game, not enough beef on the bun blah blah blah

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Goatman Sacks posted:

The Stars are an excellent team with a bad goaltender

if you only take 10 shots on their net through two periods, you can't really take advantage of the bad goaltender.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Starsfan posted:

The Stars are an excellent team with a bad goaltender

if you only take 10 shots on their net through two periods, you can't really take advantage of the bad goaltender.

Most games lately have the same score, but reversed shots. It's nice to be losing a game that we should be losing for a change.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

thx devils

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mike_V posted:

FI-RE HITCH-COCK *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

I mean, I understand why, but there arent a lot of other options out there right now and Hitch isnt that bad. Your other options are like, Torts, Carlyle and Noel.

Ce careful what you wish for!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It speaks to how poorly prepared this team is that they are gonna manage less than 20 shots on a dogshit Stars defense

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Just put Brett Hull behind the bench, at least he'll just yell at them to shoot the loving puck at all times

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Mike_V posted:

It speaks to how poorly prepared this team is that they are gonna manage less than 20 shots on a dogshit Stars defense

Aren't the Blues down like 80 goals on the season due to injuries right now? Who's making it back for the playoffs?

Mike_V posted:

Just put Brett Hull behind the bench, at least he'll just yell at them to shoot the loving puck at all times

NEVER PUT HULL IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING DEAR GOD

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

also jesus christ JUST LEAVE ALLEN IN NET UNTIL HE SUCKS A DOG DICK LIKE ELLIOTT LATELY

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

DOOMocrat posted:

Aren't the Blues down like 80 goals on the season due to injuries right now? Who's making it back for the playoffs?

NEVER PUT HULL IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING DEAR GOD

Steen and Tarasenko are both day to day at the moment. This is still a poo poo performance even with those two being out.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
:siren: PAVS :siren:

also lol this poor goalie :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

At least Jaden Schwartz still owns.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Good God, goalie.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
kari is dangerously close to making double digit saves tonight

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

We've injected the goaltenders in tonight's game with DMT extract. Let's see if anyone notices.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Lehtonen should have had that one. Right under his glove.

4 goals allowed on 13 shots.. I think that's 3 on 5 or 6 in the 2nd period. I know the games don't count anymore cause we're eliminated but why don't we give Lehtonen the rest of the year off. I think the fans have suffered enough.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Starsfan posted:

Lehtonen should have had that one. Right under his glove.

4 goals allowed on 13 shots.. I think that's 3 on 5 or 6 in the 2nd period. I know the games don't count anymore cause we're eliminated but why don't we give Lehtonen the rest of the year off. I think the fans have suffered enough.

Because the last backup to win a home game was Bachmann.

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
THANKS FOR SEKAC HABS :siren: :siren:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It's pretty hilarious that Roussel goal was allowed after the whistle pretty clearly went and banging away at the goalie's pads. Just a couple games after the Detroit illegal goal too.

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks

Dak02 posted:

THANKS FOR SEKAC HABS :siren: :siren:

he owns and i'd be happy with the ducks winning the cup, i hope it was a pretty goal

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??

Lumius posted:

he owns and i'd be happy with the ducks winning the cup, i hope it was a pretty goal

It was glorious.. Stole the puck in the neutral zone, under pressure on a breakaway and made a nice move to deke Berra

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

Because the last backup to win a home game was Bachmann.

Enroth has actually played decently in the several games where Lehtonen has been pulled.. then again those were games where we were down 5-2 or something half way through the 2nd period on 15 opposition shots and the rest of the game was played down in the opposition end as they went into the defensive shell.

I think there's an argument to be made for Kari Lehtonen having the largest negative impact on his team of any player this year. He's been basically as bad as guys like Ben Scrivens and Mike Smith, but he's played much more games than them as well so there's been more time for his awfulness to pile up and keep the Stars out of the playoffs.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Do other teams make it part of their defensive strategy to have their D back in like the Blues do? I guess it's part of them trying to contain shots to the outside and setup the breakout, but it seems like a terrible loving idea to me.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

:siren: Bouwmeester!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yeah sure, just leave that clown in net Dallas.

Idiot dropped to his knees on the pass from the corner is if he was trying to make a save on a near post shot.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
anyone tried that diablo thickburger? It looks pretty terrible for you but amazing

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

the game of no defense

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

wow the blues didnt roll over and die, im surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

:siren: Pietrangelo!

• Locked thread