Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Fake smile turns to angry frown as I pull back the curtain and watch him shuffle through the driveway. Quick duck behind the wall when he suddenly turns around. Dramatic zoom to exposed household item murder weapon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:firstpost:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I'm the episode with leonard nimoy whos also dead now

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm a person who shopped at Caldor and Woolsworth during the prime years of my life.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I paid $20 for my shoes, Lieutenant.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
There's just one more thing.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Also, I am SO GOD damned SMUG

at first

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can still make a reference to Kojak and not seem dated.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Columbo is crazy popular in Easern Europe

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Anyone born after 1987 literally cannot tell the difference between Columbo and Matlock and have never cared enough to clarify ourselves.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

dammit columbo, what is it this time. im trying to conduct an orchestra here!

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I murdered a dude with a pufferfish.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hello, Lieutenant, I'm non-Johnny Cash and i totally didn't fake a plane crash.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's just one thing that doesn't make sense to me, doc. You said 'im gay' but I checked and you've never had sex with another man. I'm sure this is just an oversight, nothing to concern yourself about.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I have never seen an episode of Columbo.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gnarlyhotep posted:

I have never seen an episode of Columbo.

The pilot is good. Spielberg directed it when he was just getting started.

Edit: it's all on netflix too! They are really good imo. The show is set up so you see the whole murder at the very beginning so the episodes are more like a cat and mouse game rather than a murder mystery.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I voted for Reagan twice

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
phun phact: Mrs. Columbo was played by?

Captain Janeway

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mind the walrus posted:

I voted for Reagan twice

you're even dumber/more evil than I ever imagined

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

you're even dumber/more evil than I ever imagined

Aside from being flattered you think of me, you do know this is a role play right?

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Ddraig posted:

There's just one thing that doesn't make sense to me, doc. You said 'im gay' but I checked and you've never had sex with another man. I'm sure this is just an oversight, nothing to concern yourself about.

lmao

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mind the walrus posted:

Aside from being flattered you think of me, you do know this is a role play right?

yeah I know Mr Bollocks, just found out

BluGayRayver
Jun 19, 2002

Let's go!
Now little boy, let me read to you a story with my one functional eye. Just one more question, if Dread Pirate Roberts was played by many different people, how come the crew never noticed his sudden change in body height and weight? Itīs just been buggin me for the past couple of days....

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm Columbo and I can't get Cassavetes to stop acting like an rear end in a top hat so he can escape the mob. Oh, hold on, I already hosed this up...

I'm Cassavetes and I'm a charming sleazeball

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I'm Peter Falk's glass eye.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Gay

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*ugh* What is it now, Lieutenant? I've told you: he called me last night to try and borrow money from me. Again. I was here the whole time, and the desk clerk can certainly verify that. Can I *please* get back to my vacation?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ElGroucho posted:

I'm Columbo and I can't get Cassavetes to stop acting like an rear end in a top hat so he can escape the mob. Oh, hold on, I already hosed this up...

I'm Cassavetes and I'm a charming sleazeball

*taking a break from being columbo to play an italian american city works dude in a woman under the influence

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
*toasts Frank Sinatra

*is funnier then any other dil hole ever on that show without even cracking a joke

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
"There's just one thing you missed. You woulda needed some way to hold the french door open. I was driving myself up a wall trying to figure out how you did that. Then I checked your change jar. There was a quarter in there, right on the top. This quarter"*holds up quarter*"you can see it has a little fluff on it. Blue-green fluff. What did you call that color? Sea foam, that's right. I checked with every carpet manufacturer in this state, only one of them had ever made sea foam color carpet. It was a special order, 300 square feet of carpet, made special for this room. You took a quarter of your change jar, used it to hold open the french door, and put it back in the jar, not noticing that little bit of sea foam fluff"

*suspect immediately confesses everything, pleads guilty, is executed by lethal injection*

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Innerguard posted:

There's just one more thing.

Called it, Retina display on the iPod shuffle, finally!!!!!!

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

boom boom boom posted:

"There's just one thing you missed. You woulda needed some way to hold the french door open. I was driving myself up a wall trying to figure out how you did that. Then I checked your change jar. There was a quarter in there, right on the top. This quarter"*holds up quarter*"you can see it has a little fluff on it. Blue-green fluff. What did you call that color? Sea foam, that's right. I checked with every carpet manufacturer in this state, only one of them had ever made sea foam color carpet. It was a special order, 300 square feet of carpet, made special for this room. You took a quarter of your change jar, used it to hold open the french door, and put it back in the jar, not noticing that little bit of sea foam fluff"

*suspect immediately confesses everything, pleads guilty, is executed by lethal injection*

:golfclap:

Also

Oh, no, this isn't my only car, heh heh. The wife and I have another one, but that one's nothing fancy.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Dementia'll do that to you :(

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Columbo is crazy popular in Easern Europe

You have to explain this.

Also, I don't remember the basset hound.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 4, 2015

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Man you just destroyed my myth when i was a child.

Btw, look out for the dog. He may be the murderer

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSyeQH15evw

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
poo poo show, the murderer is obvious within the first few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
This is a good thread OP. Great role play here. But that's all it is...that's all you have, role play. You can't prove a single line of it!

• Locked thread