Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Duncan: Comedy is just a way of letting a dysfunctional person's idiot thoughts affect your views and beliefs. I've been posting here for the majority of my adult life.

Me: Immediately attack and destroy my genital flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Slavoj Žižek told me that "schadenfreude" is what "the leftist narrative" is built on. Is he right? Please advise.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

This was a really good series of posts, it really put the burn on that other group of forums posters who share only most of my obnoxious traits

Feel like it coulda used something about the basic laziness of deploying cheap irony as a punchline though

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i try to imagine slavoj zizek having sex and well its not pretty

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I try not to imagine this thing and I feel the result is much better

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[enormous multimedia screed about how the obsessive hatred of things you otherwise have no need to be exposed to in any way whatsoever during the course of your daily life is pathetic and unhealthy]

NEWLY ENLIGHTENED MAN: Now you should do one about a web site that I hate

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
you rock duncan

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack
Thanks Duncan :)

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

i like this thread tritium guzzler

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

yes, but about nutritional science so i don't get to mention shenmue a lot
Thread is a healthy and natural* source of lols

*scientifically proven

Bi Barbarian
Dec 9, 2003

quack quack
This is some 2003 poo poo right here.

Thank you.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
bump because i read it again

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

WarpedNaba posted:

Now do a tumblr version

Double bbump because I am schizophrenic now because of this post.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

Pierced Bronson
Dec 26, 2011

shooting laser guns
and eating pussy
what game is this from

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

piercedbronson posted:

what game is this from
super mario 3d world

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CrashCat posted:

super mario 3d world

hey man, when you had some kind of crisis of faith because one of the multiple things you post about hating obsessively kept getting gassed on sight i really felt for you. i'm glad you got over it, and i hope things continue to improve for you.

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
Thank you for it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hey man, when you had some kind of crisis of faith because one of the multiple things you post about hating obsessively kept getting gassed on sight i really felt for you. i'm glad you got over it, and i hope things continue to improve for you.
Still gotta be less frustrating than waiting for another Shenmue

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CrashCat posted:

Still gotta be less frustrating than waiting for another Shenmue

the year's most anticipated computer game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Menace contains a feature that allows you to stand in one spot looking at a watch from the 80s as time passes in fast forward. shenmue 3 is right under your nose my friend.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The real lesson I learned previously was to never try to explain yourself because someone will just ignore what you said and escalate to try and get a reaction out of you

And there I go breaking that rule again

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CrashCat posted:

The real lesson I learned previously was to never try to explain yourself because someone will just ignore what you said and escalate to try and get a reaction out of you

lol so true

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CrashCat posted:

i'm sorry, but i'm not sure i understand

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm sorry, but i'm not sure i understand
Oh yeah, that's a good technique too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CrashCat posted:

Oh yeah, that's a good technique too

sorry, i'm truly not sure if i've done what you're talking about to you or if you're talking in general. i apologise for being a little cruel to you, though. it wasn't nice, but i am glad that you don't seem upset about internet stuff any more.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Am I not supposed to enjoy this thread because then I'd be laughing at goons

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I suspect the same could be said about most communities though. Perhaps Aristotle was wrong after all?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Red Suit posted:

Am I not supposed to enjoy this thread because then I'd be laughing at goons

One should always be able to laugh at one's self

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gnarlyhotep posted:

One should always be able to laugh at one's self

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

because you're too stupid to understand: the point he's laboriously and hilariously making is that you're one of the biggest epitomes of the people he's directly making fun of in this thread, and that you should reevaluate yourself because your mental state isn't healthy.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Ancient Mariner posted:

because you're too stupid to understand: the point he's laboriously and hilariously making is that you're one of the biggest epitomes of the people he's directly making fun of in this thread, and that you should reevaluate yourself because your mental state isn't healthy.

this is interesting because you're one of the worst posters I've seen in the past year or so, and CrashCat is not bad at all

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

this is interesting because you're one of the worst posters I've seen in the past year or so, and CrashCat is not bad at all

Praise from the king

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ancient Mariner posted:

at least i'm having fun with it, I can't speak for you though

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

i disagree with your points regarding crashcat considering he bought the hellthread gangtag

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

El Spider posted:

i disagree with your points regarding crashcat considering he bought the hellthread gangtag

I was thinking more of everyday posting, and how Ancient Mariner is consistently terrible, and CrashCat is not

buying a gang tag (which I don't think is even a thing) is pretty minor imo

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

El Spider posted:

no loving way

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gnarlyhotep posted:

buying a gang tag (which I don't think is even a thing) is pretty minor imo
it's actually pretty easy, which makes the anger kind of hilarious

but yeah i'm the one with the massive hangups over irrelevant, tiny things

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm glad we've updated the 'autistic' meme into 'mentally ill' and variations there-of. It's less clinical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shizmo
Feb 2, 2010

JUICED TO THE GILLS
is there a word for the feeling of pleasure i get when i see mods rail out shitposters other than myself?

• Locked thread