Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
What the gently caress Ibushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

These two have really great in-ring chemistry.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Biosys posted:

What the gently caress Ibushi

Did Ibushi do something dangerous and frightening? Or something that makes you fear he's genuinely masochistic?

That's our Kota Ibushi!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Wazzu posted:

Did Ibushi do something dangerous and frightening? Or something that makes you fear he's genuinely masochistic?

That's our Kota Ibushi!

He did just misaim a moonsault to the outside, or AJ was out of position, leading to AJ having to reach out to catch Ibushi before he crashed into the concrete.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That was when he did a moonsault off the second turnbuckle to the outside, landed on his feet, rolled, then got germaned onto his head outside.

but really it can apply at any point jesus

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Wazzu posted:

That's our Kota Ibushi!

He's all like, "No, gently caress YOUR pele kick!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IBUSHI WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING!?! :derp:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This match is the best goddamn thing

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
theyre working this like theyre going broadway lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how over the Styles Clash is. Every time it's threatened the crowd loses their minds.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why would anyone try to top rope frankensteiner AJ, it's like powerbombing Kidman. Ask Naito.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God that counter into the Styles Clash :stare:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
uhh alright then

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

That catch was awesome.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Kenny is regretting his actions, why :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
cool finish but really slow match played to a weirdly quiet crowd

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Weird angle. Are they going to graduate Omega into Heavyweight?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OKADA GOT HIS GROOVE BACK!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Oh Goddamnit, it's this feud again.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Okada is such a heel, stealing AJ's confetti

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonfa posted:

Weird angle. Are they going to graduate Omega into Heavyweight?

Not necessarily, they're playing into the history of Omega and Ibushi in DDT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AJ's weather forecast calls for rain in the future :smug:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Thauros posted:

Not necessarily, they're playing into the history of Omega and Ibushi in DDT

Yeah I know, just wouldn't make that directly the finish if they didn't intend to reignite that connection personally

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
good main event with a spectacular finish, though it was hurt by Kota's non-selling of his leg (which happens in lots of Kota Ibushi matches)

can't wait for when Omega finally turns back towards Kota

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Watching this right now. Just finished the Jr tag title match and thought it was superb (the teased countout spot was pretty great). Way more enjoyable than the 4 way spotfests IMO.

Oh and the RPG Vice theme owns.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Solid show overall. The Jr Tag stole the show and was so goddamn fun. Omega/Dorada was really good as well, though I feel like they have a better match in them. Yano putting one over on Tanahashi again was a great sideshow to Shibata/Sakuraba. The main was a little underwhelming - Ibushi not selling his leg, a couple awkward moments, and a crowd that wasn't very into it hurt the match for me. Still a good match and I'm sure they'll pair off again during the G1. Finally, it was great to see Okada back. The match with Fale was really good with a super hot finish. Might be a bit sooner than I expected for a title shot, but it's a welcome return to the top nonetheless.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I saw the counter that ended the AJ/Ibushi match and jeepers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cool show, only a couple things I wasn't really into. Fale always bores me to tears, but Okada looked great against him. The Tag Title match was underwhelming and I didn't see The Kingdom winning the titles. Really intrigued by whatever is going on with Omega now. I kept noticing how he just seemed blank-faced the entire time he was at ringside, then the whole post-match thing happened.

Definitely thought this was going to be more of a destruction of the Bullet Club thing since they lost both of their tag titles. Maybe they're saving that for Okada to Rainmaker AJ into 2025.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Thought show was underwhelming, but far from bad. Three great matches, but nothing on that next level. I mean, I guess it's 7, maybe 8/10 for me, but I really thought AJ/Ibushi would be like, top 5 matches of the year.
That said, Omega/AJ could be great. I don't know if that'll happen for the IWGP belt, but I think you could start that feud in the G1 and do it in the fall.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Definitely thought this was going to be more of a destruction of the Bullet Club thing since they lost both of their tag titles. Maybe they're saving that for Okada to Rainmaker AJ into 2025.

The seeds seem like they were sown, with Doc being pissed at Karl costing them the tag belts after being distracted and Omega not looking too thrilled after helping AJ beat his old friend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was a really great show, the only thing really close to "bad" was the tag title match and it was mainly heatless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I guess I'm just a big ol' Okada mark because I absolutely loved seeing him destroy Fale with that amazing ending sequence, and then seeing him lay out AJ and pose over him with the belt got me super-excited. I know Okada has beaten AJ in singles matches before in NJPW, but as far as I know he's never beaten him in a title match, right? I really, really wanna see him be the one to take the belt off of AJ, finally beat Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom, and then take on all comers :allears:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah, Okada's lost both of his title matches against AJ but beat him in the G1.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Is there a storyline reason that the Bullet Club wanted Maria or was it just because she is hot

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

duyarvish posted:

Is there a storyline reason that the Bullet Club wanted Maria or was it just because she is hot

what do you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

NickRoweFillea posted:

what do you think

I think that the Machine Gun Karl Anderson is a more complex character then you give him credit for

• Locked thread