Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Damnit. Damnit all. Looks great. Unfortunately I won't be able to do anything with it until I finish working on the house we just bought as well as setting up a proper gaming cave.

Does Commando work at all? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like it's going to be taking the best from the three iterations and doing some updating. Personally, I would love to know more about Pistoleer and Commando as those two were my first loves from preCU. I registered on the site, but there's not so much in the way of a road map for them.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Levarris posted:

Smuggler no longer posesses any combat commands and the entire profession is one simple line focused on slicing and spice creation. It is considered to be a Combat Support profession and therefore only requires 21 Skill Points to Master now. (We have been discussing removing all pre-requisites from smuggler given its reclassification as a support class, and lets face it. It really sucked for combat and had no skills anyway. Smugglers aren't supposed to be warriors, its a job description for people involved in illegal activity, hence slicing and spice creation.).

Really smart move.

It annoyed me to no end hearing Smugglers saying "We're smugglers that can't smuggle!". Yes you can. You carry a thing from one place to another place. It's an RP profession. Any missions from an NPC are nothing but renamed delivery missions. The old smuggler forums were worse than the jedi forums, IMHO

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whats the leveling progression like? Is it beat your dick with a mallet boring of the original game/emu or get to the fun fast of the bloodfin server? Please be get to the fun fast.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That's one thing I loved on bloodfin... You get to the fun fast. XP caps were the devil.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think they are aiming for a pretty straightforward precu experience; as it was, warts and all, balance and bugs be damned. I'd like to be wrong, though

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I believe the plan is that they intend on releasing it in the precu state (patch 15.1? I think?). Don't forget that it's open source, so if the proverbial you wanted to try and balance the game and add new content? Have at it. Maybe they are fixing abilities and broken stuff and whatnot but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Bloodfin forums are beyond terrible. They are "run" by the wife/whatever of the guy that owns the server. Self proclaimed "Queen of Bloodfin". I adblocked what I assume is her stupid picture on the headers with a quickness when I played there.

• Locked thread