Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So how are you envisioning how a person spends SP? Presumably most combatants will take an elite class, so is it like a mastered class and then an extra tree from another class (like how you could master two combat profs and take one tree from a third thing), a mastered elite class and a mastered support class, or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

the gr8 one posted:

i think the last guy was asking if dabbling was a thing (half bh half pistols)

Yeah, I was more wondering how much room we had left to play with after an elite combat profession. Like, if I am a Master Pistoleer, do I have enough SP to also take the BH Pistols line? Do I have enough SP to take Master Smuggler? That kind of thing. Just wondering what you see builds looking like.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 16, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What if I just want to cyber in a cantina for 18 hours a day

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I hope that your server gets a good-sized population. It was a lot of fun back in the day having a guild city and building it up and having a good population helps that a lot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tai posted:

Resource gathering, crafting, player housing, character builds, the lack of leveling for days and days are one of if not the best of any game.

Eh, there were a lot of builds you could hypothetically use but there was really no point in most of them because the three or four builds everyone used were too good. Kind of like how there were tons of different kinds of weapons and armor you could make but most of them never got used. Having "really great" character builds means more than having a ton of options, it also means having those options be competitive.

• Locked thread