Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is this going to be what SWG was post CU but with tweaks/fixes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
To make wall modules

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'll use Basilisk as an example..

What will be different game wise compared to Basilisk/Suncrusher once it's finished to what this server will be?

I didn't like CU/NGE minus the different buildings etc so am I likely to not like this either? I hated the combat, armour, buffs etc post CU.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Levarris posted:

Undecided on that. I don't want to to be too painful, but I do want it to still take "some" time to grind out.

That depends on the server. Ours is a drastic revamp of the entire game, currently we have roughly half of the professions fully functional with our conversion. The rest will not take long.

Make it as short as possible. No one plays SWG for the immersion of the game of it's leveling. 1-2 buff sessions is fine although I don't know how buffs work in CU. 4 hours to level a spec tops.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I did like the tapes for crafting thing bloodfin had but having the tapes 22-25 was retarded. 1-10 would be kinda nice. Assuming tapes existed in CU..

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Levarris posted:

Perhaps, but face it. SWG never really was an amazing game. It had potential at every point in its life, but the game itself was pretty much poo poo. What made it palatable was the Star Wars IP, and its community. The Repopulation is basically SWG without the SW, so an imperfect game riddled with problems that doesn't even have stormtroopers. Meh.

I disagree actually.

Resource gathering, crafting, player housing, character builds, the lack of leveling for days and days are one of if not the best of any game. What everyone wants who plays on these SWG EMU servers is old SWG but with all the bugs fixed. Then followed by an active dev team which add in bonus content without loving it up.

If you have basilisks population and decent dev team with bloodfin taking decent stuff like NGE housing and adding more content while leaving core game play alone, you'll have a thriving population for years. Also leaving jedi to be a 6 month grind and not handing out deeds. Also no pod racers.

Bloodfin had its faults but the extra dungeons and events is what basilisk lacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Sure, there were the cookie cutter PvE builds depending on what you wanted to do:

Krayts: CM/Rifle
Elders: Sword/xxx
Missions: Slicer/xxx
Resources: Ranger/xxx
BH PvE missions: Investigation3/xxx

The builds above weren't that money intensive. Then you could through money at the builds and make other builds work just fine with tapes for example.

Then you factor in grouping/boxing and you could remove certain things because you had a state heal doc for example.

Yeah, armour I agree with. Comp all the way. Grind comp, 90% kinetic comp or stun comp was the only choice unless you hunted Jedi.

• Locked thread