Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

That was on Perron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
MAF can only do so much against the Pens bullshit defense

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
come on 3 for 3 on emery

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
For once I am thankful for the shootout

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

strip the c from giroux, shameful

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Foligno pulls a Kreider and runs the goalie in order to score a goal and ends up in the net someone call the poe-leece

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
I want the Canucks and Avs to win so that my false hope of the Sharks sneaking into the playoffs can live for another day. There is no way Edmonton beats Calgary even in my fantasies.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: :laffo: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :siren:

It's Game 6 all over again, only it's tied and there's a period to play.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
this is literally liek last year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
hahahaha oh Penguins :allears:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

:tastykake: HELLO SOL MY OLD FRIEND :tastykake:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

That was MAF goal.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

This is seriously such an entertaining team, you have to give them that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
what is with these really bad teams playing their hearts out against the pens? arizona played last week like it was game 7 and Columbus is treating this like a damned playoff game. just lay down and tank you fucks you need mcjesus :agrh:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Pens implosion has arrived!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

That was MAF goal.

That and unlucky bounces #914 and #915 of the 2014-15 Penguins season

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

penguins rule

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Hmmm, where have I seen this before?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

what is with these really bad teams playing their hearts out against the pens? arizona played last week like it was game 7 and Columbus is treating this like a damned playoff game. just lay down and tank you fucks you need mcjesus :agrh:

It's not that, it's the Penguins not giving a poo poo. They've actually not been as terrible tonight but they're still allowing the kinds of goals they've allowed all year and blown a 2 goal lead like they do in almost literally every game in which they score 2 goals

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ginette Reno posted:

You...you don't realize CBJ have won 8 in a row and 13 of the last 15, do you? Against Chicago, STL, Vancouver, the Isles, Anaheim?

This team got healthy and they got deadly.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
MAF was swiming there but the team in front of him weren't swimming so much as drowning

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Fleury is picking the wrong time of year to remember he is Marc-Andre Fleury and start flailing around outside the crease.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

CBJSprague24 posted:

You...you don't realize CBJ have won 8 in a row and 13 of the last 15, do you? Against Chicago, STL, Vancouver, the Isles, Anaheim?

This team got healthy and they got deadly.

Yeah, Columbus isn't bad so much as they spent most of the season being the most injured team in the league.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh my god they actually tied it up DANK :siren:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Fleury is picking the wrong time of year to remember he is Marc-Andre Fleury and start flailing around outside the crease.

He's playing fine.

The rest of the team needs to pick it the gently caress up.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

are you loving kidding me.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

What a pass by Matty P. Really glad the Caps got rid of him for a 4th rounder.

Edit: gently caress Adam Oates so much

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This Jets/Nucks game owns

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Perrault is so loving good.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mind_Taker posted:

What a pass by Matty P. Really glad the Caps got rid of him for a 4th rounder.

Edit: gently caress Adam Oates so much

to be fair, anaheim just let him walk as a free agent lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
If the Pens blow this without getting a point and then lose tomorrow to Philly like they're likely to then their Tuesday game against Ottawa could well be for 8th place.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Yeah, Columbus isn't bad so much as they spent most of the season being the most injured team in the league.

Today:
Jenner-Johansen-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubinsky-Anisimov
Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano
Calvert-Letestu-Morin

JMFJ-Savard
Tyutin-Prout
Goloubef-Connauton

Bob

The only players out at this point are Skille, BORK, Clarkson, Tropp (scratch) and Boll (scratch). Some of the younger guys are lesser known, but Dano's become a weapon, Wennberg has found himself, Morin is, if nothing else, better than Jared Boll. Connauton is awesome and Goloubef is improving rapidly.

This is something along the lines of the team they'd hoped to have all year, yet the only players who haven't been hurt are Johansen and Hartnell.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Pens blow this without getting a point and then lose tomorrow to Philly like they're likely to then their Tuesday game against Ottawa could well be for 8th place.

I feel pretty good about them at least getting the loser point today

Detroit and Boston are also 2 points behind the Penguins and if I understand the hosed up playoff format correctly only one of the two is guaranteed a spot

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

God drat, Calvert rang it off the post and ended up scoring that goal anyway.

Could've been 3-2 if not for HartnellDown.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Verviticus posted:

to be fair, anaheim just let him walk as a free agent lol

That was even more baffling because he was an RFA and he didn't even get a qualifying offer from the Ducks.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Who's the King?? I don't get it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

is hockeystreams borken

edit: nvm

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

loving hell, when are they going to permanently scratch Downie anyway?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Downie penalty time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Downie gonna Downie

• Locked thread