Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

This is me, except with the Wild. Something about that team, man

I also hate them. I hate many teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

This is me, except with the Wild. Something about that team, man

Perhaps having a scumbag owner helps. Though that could apply for Ottawa as well.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Godinster posted:

Are Penguins legitimately concerned about losing their playoff spot to Ottawa? I hadn't even considered the idea that anyone but Boston would have their spot up for grabs.

If Ottawa wins tonight then there will only be one playoff spottwo playoff spots (sorry) available for Pittsburgh (95 points), Boston/Detroit (93 points) and Ottawa (92 points and scorching hot). The Penguins' remaining schedule is Flyers (loss), Senators (loss), Islanders (probably a loss), and Sabres (probably a win). So yeah, there's reason to be concerned. They're probably still a good 85% or something to make it though, honestly, because they have the lead and get to play the Sabres, but there's a pretty good chance they'll enter that last game riding a 5 game losing streak and facing elimination if they somehow blow it. So some nervousness in Penguinsland is understandable.

e: Oh, and Letang probably isn't coming back, and Malkin is going to play but probably shouldn't, so there's that too.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 4, 2015

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ThinkTank posted:

I want to see that terrible town continue to be terrible forever. They don't deserve anything nice. They'd just ruin it somehow.

Hey now I didn't say they had to win playoff games

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

Hey now I didn't say they had to win playoff games

Knowing my luck they'll be the team to break Canada's cupless streak and they'll not shut up about it for the next six decades.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

ThinkTank posted:

I want Winnipeg to fail so badly. I loathe them for whatever reason.

i've hated them since before they got a team back because their mayor used to write letters to the predators owner telling him to move the team to A GREAT HOCKEY CITY THAT WOULD APPRECIATE THEM or something. fatass costing them the playoffs would be hilarious.

i like every jets sas poster so it makes me feel conflicted, but that attitude of superiority and "lol south" bullshit has left me jaded.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Penguins beat the Ducks and Kings on the road on back-to-back nights on March 6 and 7. Since then they are 4-9, their 4 wins being against the Oilers, Coyotes, Coyotes and Sharks (in a shootout). After tomorrow that'll be 4-10 because the Flyers and Penguins are "rivals" like the Globetrotters and Generals are rivals. Just by way of extra explanation of why Penguins fans are nervous. The team's been coasting and playing like absolute poo poo for going on a month now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

For the record, I do like the Pens when they're not playing my team. They've been a decent-to-good safety team all those years the Jackets didn't get in.

So try and get in because Jackets and Sharks aren't going.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Vey couldn't contribute less to this team if he tried.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
tee that up edler goddamn man

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
came in to say thanks blue jackets, thanks pens

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

I knkw, but they way they are playing almost guarantee s a good pick for the Oilers if the Sens don't stop being on a streak.
The Penguins are going to make the playoffs and giving up the a late teens/early 20s pick for a good top 6 guy on a cheap-ish contract is fine.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The guys thinking theyre a lock to miss the playoffs are worse fans than the guys who want to trade Crosby and Malkin all the time.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the stemper is killing us

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Weeeeelllllllll

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i think no funnier thing could happen than the canucks missing the playoffs, esp. if it comes on a ryan miller start in the final game

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The guys thinking theyre a lock to miss the playoffs are worse fans than the guys who want to trade Crosby and Malkin all the time.

I don't think they're a lock to miss, but a month ago it was inconceivable that it was even possible. Now there is a scenario that, while unlike, could certainly happen and not surprise me.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Sbisa giving the puck away like it's his job

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i think no funnier thing could happen than the canucks missing the playoffs, esp. if it comes on a ryan miller start in the final game

they're basically a lock as long as they pick up one more point so I'm not too worried

but yes that would be quite funny

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bieksa what the gently caress is wrong with you

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

You're a bit of a weiner btw. I know this team hurts us, but it's times like this they need us most.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I'd be okay with the Caps losing in OT to Ottawa in hopes of getting Pittsburgh eliminated. But I'd rather they just win in regulation to clinch a spot.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Winnipeg fans are too loving uppity

"I KNOW ITS OFFSIDE FOR CHRIST SAKE GIVE ME A GODDAMN QUARTER SECOND TO BLOW THE WHISTLE! JESUS" -linesman officiating a game in Winnipeg

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
boy that was nice

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

:siren: BURR AGAIN :siren:

comethe gently caress on let's tie it up

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

:catstare:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
goddamn, I'm still not over that Higgins chance

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

goddamn, I'm still not over that Higgins chance

That was agonizing

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yay Jets win! I totally blanked on the time and tuned in for the final four seconds. But what a four seconds they were.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Went to the Jets game. The mascot walked into me and then stared at me awkwardly, the Jets fans continued to be idiots and boo every penalty they got, and my brother messaged me telling me that no one in Vancouver cared because their fans suck compared to Jets fans. All in all, a good day to continue to root against Winnipeg.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 4, 2015

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Thanks for nothing Canucks

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
it's Luu's birthday, let's go Cats

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
My home rink that I grew up playing on won the hockeyville thing, cool

edit: weird that it's gonna be a Sharks-Canucks preseason game instead of Stars-Canucks preseason game as had been touted the whole time, though, due to the Benn brothers both playing out of that arena growing up. CBC had been all over Jamie Benn recently interviewing him about Hockeyville and how cool it would be to play at Panorama again. At least Matt Irwin of the Sharks is also from the area, but he didn't play junior in that arena like the Benn brothers did. oh well, still cool

goldrush fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 5, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lately NESN has done this thing where the pre-game show talks up every terrible team Boston faces, I assume as some kind of preemptive excuse should they lose.

Today they couldn't even manage that.

(Which means Boston will probably lose.)

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Let's go New York!

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Go Ottawa and not-Boston and Minnesota

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Don't blow it, Detroit. Thanks.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Go Toronto in the only hockey game I can loving watch despite having like 25 hockey channels :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
What did we do to deserve senile Bob Cole again?

Tim Peel oh boy

• Locked thread