Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Agnostalgia posted:

if you don't spend college doing gay stuff the gently caress are you even doing thats what its there for

i didnt do any gay stuff in college, i had a bunch done to me though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
pussy is gross imo

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

cams posted:

thread where a bunch of guys are offended by women exploring sexuality

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

cams posted:

thread where a bunch of guys are offended by women exploring sexuality

:allears: Hahaha. You have never spoken to a lesbian in your life.

Hint: The first steps to are wash yourself and go outside.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Helical Nightmares posted:

:allears: Hahaha. You have never spoken to a lesbian in your life.

Hint: The first steps to are wash yourself and go outside.
hm i wonder which part of what i said offended your sensibilities the most

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

cams posted:

hm i wonder which part of what i said offended your sensibilities the most

:ironicat:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh hrm this is the part where if you were trolling you'd have added something, this means you're serious. lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

come back, now that i know you're serious i want to know what part of what i said offends all your lesbian friends

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all the lesbians i know got their degrees and stuck with the lesbianism. guess it's like riding a bike.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the purpose of the itt thread format is simple, it provides a simple, yet broad, one sentence setup. it allows a poster to come in and post a punchline without doing any legwork.

you will find a lot more character work in itt threads than elsewhere on the forums. sometimes posters will respond to another in character, and slowly build up a world.

the itt is ever growing in popularity on this site and you often see people experiment with the format. who knows what the average itt thread will look like in a year, a month, or even a few weeks!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

swampland posted:

*is ops nuerotic problems with women personified*: "Well I CERTAINLY wont ufkc you*"

*said in bitchy way while pretending to like girls

isn't it great to have sex with women?? oh wait...

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

mr.capps posted:

the purpose of the itt thread format is simple, it provides a simple, yet broad, one sentence setup. it allows a poster to come in and post a punchline without doing any legwork.

you will find a lot more character work in itt threads than elsewhere on the forums. sometimes posters will respond to another in character, and slowly build up a world.

the itt is ever growing in popularity on this site and you often see people experiment with the format. who knows what the average itt thread will look like in a year, a month, or even a few weeks!

but when did you turn straight?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mr.capps posted:

something awful forums posting is the truest form of online longform improv

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EngineerSean posted:

but when did you turn straight?

there is of course a darker side to everything, even the itt thread.

sometimes the format isn't used to create setups at all, but instead give a target of scorn for the posters. this subversion of the itt thread misses the point of the format, because this isn't about joke creation. often posters have to do the legwork on creating their own setups, or simply just don't try creating a joke at all but instead join in the scorning!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you missed the attenborough thread.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mr.capps posted:

there is of course a darker side to everything, even the itt thread.

sometimes the format isn't used to create setups at all, but instead give a target of scorn for the posters. this subversion of the itt thread misses the point of the format, because this isn't about joke creation. often posters have to do the legwork on creating their own setups, or simply just don't try creating a joke at all but instead join in the scorning!
man when you see the code in the matrix you use it to do cool poo poo like fly and stop bullets, you don't let everyone else in on it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

cams posted:

something awful forums posting is the truest form of online longform improv

actually an itt thread is an example of short form improv!

improv is based around the "game", a pattern in a scene. think of it like a rhythm, with each beat being something funny. an itt thread provides you with the game, the structure is all there for you ready to go! long form improv has you finding the game inside the scene itself.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mr.capps posted:

actually an itt thread is an example of short form improv!

improv is based around the "game", a pattern in a scene. think of it like a rhythm, with each beat being something funny. an itt thread provides you with the game, the structure is all there for you ready to go! long form improv has you finding the game inside the scene itself.
yeah but i'd argue that every itt thread starts out with an introductory structure but evolves into something different every time (if it doesn't die). the "itt" is set and generally the same thing happens every time but it grows into something beyond the original premise

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
let me clarify, an itt thread is an example of short form improv when the posters are building upon their each others posts! though often in an itt thread the "scene", or the world in the reality of the itt thread, is reset with each post made by another poster.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

eh comparing a thing that i respect to posting on sa is really bumming me out now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you can argue the conflict between the pure itt form and its subverted form represents the heart of what makes something awful, something awful! the former is pure comedy content creation, while the later is more of a format for discussion. these opposing forces of comedy and discussion are what make SA a comedy forum and give its unique tone!

some posters just see discussions on SA as setups for their jokes! these posters lean towards the comedy side. some posters just simply don't understand the inner workings of comedy, these guys are here for the discussion! this creates a unique engine, with many posters creating setups by simply having discussions, and other posters coming in and creating punchlines! amazing

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
was it graduation or shortly afterwards then?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

mr.capps posted:

I'm betting we'll have threads about a job that doesn't get any respect, a hipster/freshman trend in college, some flash-in-the-pan pop fad that everyone is embarrassed to have enjoyed, and another Colombo thread.

Fresh, hot topics!

naem
May 29, 2011

cum!!!!!!!!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

cams posted:

thread where a bunch of guys are turned on by women exploring sexuality

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

itt we are Cuckers Until Graduation (Or, CUGs)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Simpsons did it!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

mr.capps posted:

Lol wut

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
this thread

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
They're called bisexuals op

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
j/k bisexuals don't actually exist

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

psyopmonkey posted:

Thats the east coast WASP version for sure. It wreaks of affluent Virginia.

:golfclap:

Although somewhere between one of the East Coast's B-List schools and life as the wife of an investment banker in suburban New Jersey, they have to move to Portland for two or three years, driving up rental prices and "slumming it" by working for a paltry 40K a year as the communications director of a non-profit. Then they will have a host of stories to tell their friends back in New Jersey about "Portlandia" and how the people do wacky things like ride unicycles.

(Also, how the people do wacky things like not throw their garbage on the ground, but that one might be too wild to believe)

Cleft Loaf
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

hooker tops
Apr 7, 2015

by Ralp
:iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013