Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

etalian posted:

also the fries bag turns transparent after a few minutes.

If this doesn't please you immensely then I think you and I just will never agree about our burger and fry preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sometimes you just want to nug

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Knowing that poor people think Five Guys is expensive just makes it taste better

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Five Guys burgers aren't very good, but the fries are excellent.

I feel like I always remember five guys being good and then it's just ok, but makes my butt explode

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Knowing that poor people think Five Guys is expensive just makes it taste better

I thought five guys was fast food

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wtf

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I never realized Arby's was made from paste/liquid/powder or whatever that they heated up and sliced.

wait, what?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Always check the post count guys .... The op is a dedicated troll

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fiveguy's has smarmy highschool kids that can't stop giggling to each other after taking your order. Micky-Dees just has depressed middle age people.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Five Guys has that soda machine with a bajillion different flavors.

I have just won this argument, flee my misshapen mcdonald slaves, go to the soda fountain and behold

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
McDonald's is best eaten when extremely drunk & after midnight, when all other eateries have long since closed.

Getting hungry and deciding to go to McDonald's in the middle of the day, when other options exist just feels like you've given up honestly

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I've never tried it myself but there's a guy at work who raves about Five Guys like it's Burger Jesus. He also wigs out about the no-spice marinade in Nandos being too spicy, so I can only infer that Five Guys is tasteless mush for helpless tiny flavour babies.

McDonald's is for kids, the long-term unemployed and sunburnt twats on package holidays who are terrified of foreign food and can't find the "Irish" pub.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Let's have 2 burger threads in the Gibbis hurr durr

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

McDonald's is best eaten when extremely drunk & after midnight, when all other eateries have long since closed.

Getting hungry and deciding to go to McDonald's in the middle of the day, when other options exist just feels like you've given up honestly

I guess I have kind of given up

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

MVP posted:

Five Guys has that soda machine with a bajillion different flavors.

I have just won this argument, flee my misshapen mcdonald slaves, go to the soda fountain and behold

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/home/#locationfinder

for all your pomegranate mello yello needs or w/e

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Five Guys is relatively new to the UK, but it certainly is not a "gourmet burger". It's fast food parading as a restaurant quality meal.

Mc Donalds is therefore better fast food, as it is cheaper, quicker, healthier, and taste better per £1 spent.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

diabetes type 2 is better than 1

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
you had me at "mcdouble," OP

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
Also Micky D's is the gold standard for french fries.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
yo, Mcdoubles are legit bodybuilding/strength training food. Order two of those, get rid of one set of buns, and you got yourself a 500 calorie meal that's like, 70 % protein. not something you want to base your diet around, but if you need an amazing meal for 3 bucks that's pretty much the best you're gonna get on the go.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Just buy frozen poo poo. It'll be ever so slightly better for your giant sack of poo poo that is your body

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
if you prefer five guys over Mickey D's, you probably wear the bad kind of fedora

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't eat at either one

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here's an idea, go to the super market and buy a pound of hamburger and make your own drat burger you lazy fucks.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

if the burg doesn't look like it was personally prepared for me, then I don't eat the burg. when I want a burg i skip fast food and go to a local burger joint or restaurant/bar but no Applebee's or other poor quality chains. if I was driving long hours with no time for a break then I would accept fast food burgs, but probably Wendy's and neither of the ones itt

i swear trying out a burg with your fav beer at a joint you've never been to is far superior to getting your same ol mcdouble with fries and imbalanced flavored sugar water

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
five guys doesn't sell mcgriddles, is obviously worse

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Someone said that 5 guys isn't that expensive.....
One hamburger(no cheese) at 5 guys is the price of 4 mcdoubles. This might vary by location. Locally, mcdoubles are like 1.49 now, and a 5 guys hamburger is 5.99.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

cosmicjim posted:

Someone said that 5 guys isn't that expensive.....
One hamburger(no cheese) at 5 guys is the price of 4 mcdoubles. This might vary by location. Locally, mcdoubles are like 1.49 now, and a 5 guys hamburger is 5.99.

I can only asses relative value using Mcchickens. How much is one of those now?

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Jim Barris posted:

What, you've never enjoyed a meal? Mcdoubles constitutes food, technically, but i doubt anyone that wasn't drunk, high, or starving ever enjoyed it.

real talk: i am the executive chef of a fine dining restaurant whos been featured in print/tv/radio, i make nice 6 figure salary each year because i am excellent at my job

id rather eat a mcdouble (and am more satisfied after doing so) than anything that you think constitutes a "real meal"

essentially what im getting at is that you have no idea what youre talking about and should, indeed, get hosed idiot bitch

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
sure, Five Guys is good if you value your burger by how much grease is compacted into it rather than taste.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Hmm. Yes. Agreed.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Here's an idea, go to the super market and buy a pound of hamburger and make your own drat burger you lazy fucks.

objectively not as good

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

DGib posted:

real talk: i am the executive chef of a fine dining restaurant whos been featured in print/tv/radio, i make nice 6 figure salary each year because i am excellent at my job

id rather eat a mcdouble (and am more satisfied after doing so) than anything that you think constitutes a "real meal"

essentially what im getting at is that you have no idea what youre talking about and should, indeed, get hosed idiot bitch

Executive chef is a pretty fancy name for ""manager of an olive garden".

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Hobohemian posted:

Head Microwave Operating Executive

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

real talk again: ive actually never been to an olive garden, is it as bad as nerds on the internet say it is

i mean, when people talk about it they use adjectives that have also been used to describe the poverty and suffering in the sudan

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

DGib posted:

real talk again: ive actually never been to an olive garden, is it as bad as nerds on the internet say it is

i mean, when people talk about it they use adjectives that have also been used to describe the poverty and suffering in the sudan

Ever have those frozen ready made pastas from the grocery store? 10 minutes on a skillet and you have a chicken broccoli alfredo, or whatever for $6?

Those taste better than Olive Garden.

best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010
mcdonalds is literal trash for babies and thats the fukkin truth

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Shadow posted:

Ever have those frozen ready made pastas from the grocery store? 10 minutes on a skillet and you have a chicken broccoli alfredo, or whatever for $6?

Those taste better than Olive Garden.

that is very unfortunate

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

best friend massage posted:

mcdonalds is literal trash for babies and thats the fukkin truth

lmao tell me more about your fixie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I was at the Olive Garden a long time ago, and I believe I liked it.

• Locked thread