Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010
I can see people preferring mcdonalds in terms of raw dollar value for the amount of food you get. But if you can sit in front of a mcdonalds meal and a five guys meal and still want the mcdonalds with taste as the only criterion then may god have mercy on your soul. Mcdonalds used to be my favorite food for the first half of my life, but once I actually ate other burgers and fries the only way to get me to eat mcdonalds is if I'm on a road trip or it's 2 am and nothing else is open and I'm literally dying of hunger.

Also is it just me or did their fries used to be way better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

best friend massage posted:

I can see people preferring mcdonalds in terms of raw dollar value for the amount of food you get. But if you can sit in front of a mcdonalds meal and a five guys meal and still want the mcdonalds with taste as the only criterion then may god have mercy on your soul. Mcdonalds used to be my favorite food for the first half of my life, but once I actually ate other burgers and fries the only way to get me to eat mcdonalds is if I'm on a road trip or it's 2 am and nothing else is open and I'm literally dying of hunger.

I bet there's other ways to get you to eat McDonalds. Like sucking your dick

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

5 guys fries are like.. gross and wilted and oily... not crispy at all just supersaturated in peanut oil with all the texture of a semi boner

best friend massage
Sep 12, 2010

99 Headmates posted:

I bet there's other ways to get you to eat McDonalds. Like sucking your dick

how did you know my one burger weakness

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

notZaar posted:

You probably mean buffalo. The bison were hunted to extinction.

Bison and buffaloes are still around.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Fister Roboto posted:

Bison and buffaloes are still around.

I don't think there have ever been buffaloes in the united states either.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

TEAYCHES posted:

5 guys fries are like.. gross and wilted and oily... not crispy at all just supersaturated in peanut oil with all the texture of a semi boner

this. i literally make fries at home that are crispier than that poo poo. get it together 5 gusy

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This is the only active thread in my control panel. You guys sure love to talk about burgers.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Now I want to make a fried egg burger myself

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy a 10 piece meal every now and then I don't care what's in them.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

best friend massage posted:

The stuff they used to fry it in included beef juice or something. The vegetarians found out and got pissed, and the recipe got changed.

I think the new one is a tiny bit healthier too. Relatively speaking, of course.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just cook a burger at home it takes like 5 mins you fatties.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hobohemian posted:

Bison are often incorrectly referred to as buffaloes.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
if i worked for minimum wage i'd put my semen on EVERYTHING

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What's stopping you now?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

if i worked for minimum wage i'd put my semen on EVERYTHING
this is why i quit my gamestop job, they had too many video cameras for me to spread my seed

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
if i worked for minimum wage i would make tender, passionate love to each big mac i could get a little time alone with

cams posted:

this is why i quit my gamestop job, they had too many video cameras for me to spread my seed

drat this modern world keeping our urges in check.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
keep this elitist poo poo out of the burg thread, thank you.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Out of all the poo poo that america has created mcdonalds is the shittiest. i feel offended that people line up to pay for the worst kind of food avaliable. I sort of understand why it is acceptable in america because it is cheap. Here in Sweden the price is the same as the other better hamburger joints and I have no idea why people keep shuffling this poo poo into their mouths.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

You probably mean buffalo. The bison were hunted to extinction.

u a fuckin retard

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

There used to be, before the white man.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I heard on the news McDonald's is experimenting at some store to have the breakfast items available 24 hrs a day.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Indy posted:

Out of all the poo poo that america has created mcdonalds is the shittiest. i feel offended that people line up to pay for the worst kind of food avaliable. I sort of understand why it is acceptable in america because it is cheap. Here in Sweden the price is the same as the other better hamburger joints and I have no idea why people keep shuffling this poo poo into their mouths.

Mcdonalds can't be the shittiest. Not as long as Burger King is around.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I don't understand how you people claim to be sick for days after eating a regular McDonald's meal. Like, how delicate is you body and what other foods can't you eat?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I don't understand how you people claim to be sick for days after eating a regular McDonald's meal. Like, how delicate is you body and what other foods can't you eat?

If I eat McDonalds, I am sick for days and that severely impacts my ability to drive my manual transmission car, use my safety razor, not own a TV, listen to my FLAC music collection, wear my trillby (it's not a fedora!) or watch my anime (subs not dubs).

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Not sick for days, but McDonald's and other overprocessed foods seem to sit in my stomach like a rock. Its still tasty but I don't think it's inconceivable that food like that is harder for us to digest.

If you don't have that issue, congrats I guess you can eat as much McD's as you like

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i like fiv guys but its not worth the price over other fast food. like in n nout

burger and fries for $4 ? hell fuckijg yes

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Between Five Guys and McD's whoever wins, we lose. It's like people itt don't understand Jack in the Box exists for your burg/fry/taco needs.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Not sick for days, but McDonald's and other overprocessed foods seem to sit in my stomach like a rock. Its still tasty but I don't think it's inconceivable that food like that is harder for us to digest.

If you don't have that issue, congrats I guess you can eat as much McD's as you like

But does a mcdouble affect you differently than a 5 guys burger? Does the lettuce and tomato cancel out the burger grease?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

cosmicjim posted:

But does a mcdouble affect you differently than a 5 guys burger? Does the lettuce and tomato cancel out the burger grease?

Truth be told, I've only had five guys a few times so I couldn't say. But a mcdouble compared to a burger I'll grill up at home, oh yeah there's a huge difference in how I feel afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, i think McDonald's is tasty.....maybe my stomach is just bitchmade.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Worst Bear posted:

Between Five Guys and McD's whoever wins, we lose. It's like people itt don't understand Jack in the Box exists for your burg/fry/taco needs.

i ate at a jack in the box once on a trip and it finally answered the age old question what happened to hardee's old lovely burgers after carl's jr bought them out

i guess they'll just go out of business once they run out of new old stock hardee's burgers from the 90s

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Burgs are cool and McD has lovely fries. Five Guys is aight, but gently caress em all cus Wendy's is where it's at. Square Burgs fo lyfe

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
McDonald's? Five Guys? Wendy's? Sounds like you guys need to think outside the bun and get some bell in your lives

cr05580n35
Mar 24, 2015
In-n-Out kills 'em both.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

cr05580n35 posted:

In-n-Out kills 'em both.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

facebook jihad posted:

McDonald's? Five Guys? Wendy's? Sounds like you guys need to think outside the bun and get some bell in your lives

Mexican Burgs are subpar at best.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
When I moved to CA all I heard was how In-n-Out was the poo poo. I tried it three times and maybe that one place in Roseville was just terrible, but no thanks. Funny the restaurant was always packed to the rafters but the food was absolute poo poo. Limp, barely cooked fries and a bland burger aren't good. Yes, I tried animal style, it was just soggier. At least McDick usually gets the fries crispy, even if the burgers are crap. I'd rather have the chicken sandwiches. Less of that grease taste and sometimes the chicken looks/feels like real meat instead of the uber processed poo poo they use for the nuggets.

Hardees' Jim Beam burger with jalapenos added and curly fries was loving amazing, I also like the Texax BBQ burger. Arby's curly fries are almost worth getting one of their burgers. Chick-fil-a spicy chicken club with waffle fries, mmm. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a small chocolate frosty to dip your fries in.

But gently caress all that if the McRib is back. I'm a bbq slut, I'll eat cardboard with a decent bbq sauce on it, so I don't even care what the McRib is made of or how it's just processed meat in the shape of a "rib" with fake grill marks. That poo poo is loving nicotine in sandwich form. It's not even a good sauce. But I can't get loving enough of it. It's magic.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

cool tree bro posted:

They are seven to eight dollars.

I can't get out of Five Guys for less than like $14. That's with a bacon cheeseburger and goddammit I ordered a small order of fries because I only want like 10 fries stop burying my burger under 3 pounds of fries that I'm just going to throw away.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

empty sea posted:

When I moved to CA all I heard was how In-n-Out was the poo poo. I tried it three times and maybe that one place in Roseville was just terrible, but no thanks.

You just fell for that classic California prank we play on out of towners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i keep seeing people talk about which burger place is better and want to give my input until i remember im a loving vegetarian now then i get depressed and go find some alcohol to wash the memories of meat away

• Locked thread