Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

topiKal posted:

I look forward to experiencing this game with all of you. Let's celebrate this fine occasion with a delicious hot dog.

I see. Good luck, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Between this and The Dark Id coming back I think all of my internet dreams are coming true.

PLEASE tell me there's a drinking game you have planned for all of this. Brb while I sacrifice a goat to skew the LP gods in my favor.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Well this is a blast from the past.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Man, I loved the hell out of both these games back in the day, was always a bit of a shame to me that the third one's never gonna be made. Doesn't look like they've aged particularly well though.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I love the shenmue series for it's Mr.Myagi style paper thin philosophy and setting, which is why I was never really grabbed by its spiritual successor in the Yakuza series with it's ultra-violence and arseholes, even though in reality the actual setting is far more exciting. Shenmue seemed to have a lot of 'heart' to it which made me enjoy it immensley as a kid, which I can't really quantify what actually that quality is and why exactly it's one of my favourite childhood games. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

I had all the patience in the world for slow, pondering games with fleshed out worlds when I was younger, but even I found a particular upcoming segment to be ponderous and frustratingly slow, so it'll be interesting to see how you deal with it, considering you found the first Shenmue to be a really slow and pointless. Like the forklifts but worse. Hopefully there's enough bad mangled english to keep you going during that, because there's enough silly bits in the game that I want to see again, as it's been about a decade since I played it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
we recorded more this weekend so have a

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:
Ep 03 - Getting fooled again (youtube)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kuvo posted:

we recorded more this weekend so have a

Ep 03 - Getting fooled again (youtube)

I love that the one person in China that Ryo won't obsessively speak to is the attractive motorcycle chick who's all but throwing herself at him.

Also I'm trying to think of a Pequod's coffee vs Queequeg's coffee joke regarding those two salesmen, but all I did was make myself sad for trying to make an Invisible War joke

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Come over guest, house. Talking to Ryu about anything but directions is like conversing to a brick wall.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Don't trust that guy next door, he's scum lower than a flimflam artist.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

My fondest memory of the first Shenmue 1 LP is when bandunk made that joke about master Chen saying "theres no power in your arms" relating to hand jobs which had me laughing hard for 10 minutes straight. I may have peed myself a little as well.

Good luck with this one guys!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Woah... What? REALLY THIS IS AN ACTUAL THING!? Oh man this is amazing.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I first heard about on Youtube and realize it was April 1st so I was sad but then I saw this thread and there was more videos which made me so happy. The first game LP made got me into LPs in the first place so I can't wait for the rest of the LP.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shenmue 2 is happening and The Last Story is ending, what other lp miracles await us?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jesus, I forgot how loving gay this whole series is, the homoeroticism is extremely prevalent and it's rad as heck.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
it's... it's beautiful *wipes tear*

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Spending all your money on capsule toys and Zippos Zuppos is in fact the best way to start this game, because you can sell all that poo poo at pawnshops (which was apparently touted as a major feature back when this game was coming out - "SELL ALL YOUR CAPSULE TOYS FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME AND EARN A FUCKTON OF MONEY, HOLY poo poo").

Yes, Ryo, just keep telling yourself that the money is gone because some bad guys stole it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Jesus, I forgot how loving gay this whole series is, the homoeroticism is extremely prevalent and it's rad as heck.

You can find homoeroticism in anything if you're looking for it enough.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Flesnolk posted:

You can find homoeroticism in anything if you're looking for it enough.

Any game involving large men grappling each other is going to be at least a little homoerotic no matter what. That and the fact that Ryo refuses to talk to any woman that isn't giving him directions.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Ryo is either a natural at negging or Joy knows a good mark when she see one. Have that boy driving forklifts for pennies a day in no time.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Are we ever going to see Joy NOT on the motorcycle?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Roman Reigns posted:

She actually did that thing in Vice City where you change your clothes on the bike. She's pretty much welded to it now.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

Depends, are we ever going to see the bandaid NOT on Ryo?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

TARDISman posted:

The bandage gets its own spinoff game.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TARDISman posted:

He's trying out as a replacement for TLC.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
This is real. I'm not asleep. Dreams do come true.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I loved this game as a kid, this is brilliant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

eating only apples posted:

I loved this game as a kid, this is brilliant.

I only played it for the first time a few years back, but I'm still genuinely impressed at how big and dense they made Hong Kong on a single Dreamcast disc.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Ah, finally. Shenmue 2 has appeared in the only tolerable form.

This is gonna be good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Ep 04 - YUAL-HUH (youtube)

i love everything that happens in this video

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
So, who else thought of Eddie Guerrero when the arm wrestling announcer said "The villain Mexican wrestler who stains the mats with blood"? Because I was thinking Judgement Day 2004.

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart
If it weren't for hearing you guys react to it each time, I would have sworn that you had edited in that 80's buttrock that plays every time Joy shows up. It doesn't sound like part of the same game at all.

copperpauper
Oct 1, 2012

Flexible, Conductive, and Really, Really Poor.
I love that Lisa, the painful rpg remixed that old guy's noises into a song. And god bless generic rock.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I didn't know you could suck so bad at the crate minigame that you get less than the usual $60, so this is an educational LP already! :pseudo: To be fair, the 360 dpad is terrible, and the QTE chimes cut out at one point which probably doesn't help either.

Also, Delin is even better in Japanese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9jBHAbAKA

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Japanese Delin sounds like he's saying "you poo poo!" every time you move forward.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everyone's having a good time, but soon enough, the Shenmue will set in :smith:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Doc Morbid posted:

I didn't know you could suck so bad at the crate minigame that you get less than the usual $60, so this is an educational LP already! :pseudo: To be fair, the 360 dpad is terrible, and the QTE chimes cut out at one point which probably doesn't help either.

The real reason is that I am bad at video games but let's just go with that thing you said about the 360 dpad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rodyle posted:

Everyone's having a good time, but soon enough, the Shenmue will set in :smith:

:smith:

Christo3
May 1, 2013

We might need a 'controller cam' for the intense arm wrestling mini games

Gruff Indie
Apr 22, 2014
gently caress-san and Delin should be penpals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You have no idea how happy this just made me. The Tipping40s LP of the original is one of my favorites, so fucken glad you guys are back and doing this game no less.

• Locked thread