Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

babypolis posted:

the only thing worse than argentinians is the british though.

like somehow every british fucker on this board has to show up and defend their lovely island

I can see why; a few decades of non-stop collapsing empire and then some lovely south american dictatorship thinks it can get away with straight up stealing one of your colonies? Yea, getting to finally draw a line in the stand and stomp the poo poo out of some lovely army would be a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
They're called The Falkland Islands, your Argentinean twat.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every Latin American country hates each other, but they all hate Argentina the most

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

babypolis posted:

like somehow every british fucker on this board has to show up and defend their lovely island

it's a confusing issue because 99.9% of the time the UK is on the wrong and evil side of a conflict. Argentina is just so dumb they joined an exclusive club with basically just nazi germany in terms of managing to be worse than the Brits :godwin:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

babypolis posted:

Just like how pissy butt hurt Americans turn up in threads like this or the India ones crying about how evil our glorious empire was because you have this self instilled feeling that you are all kids from the same abusive foster home and still mad at your former master.
At least we can laugh at our lovely island, you cunts have to stand up and pledge allegiance to yours 5 times a day.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

napoleon did nothing wrong

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Remember when the argies tried to take them back and got a jolly good spanking?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Omi-Polari posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 jean luc picards smashing the display case in star trek: first contact, how mad are we talking?

Argentinians genuinely believe they are basically white Europeans and therefore better than all these Latinos they have to live around, which is why Latin America hates them so much. No one in Europe thinks of Argentinians as anything other than South Americans so they get pretty mad about that. I'd say a 6.

Whenever you point out there's no legal basis for their claims on the Falklands they get super mad, like definitely a enterprise model display case smashing mad. I mean they have these big rallies where the President tells them all about how it's only a matter of time until they evict the imperialist yolk and a literal mob chased Jeremy Clarkson out of the country because he happened to have a licence plate that could be contrived to refer to the Falklands war.

I mean the level of anger is probably about equal to one of those US guys from the deep south after they heard Target had implemented a "No guns in the store" policy. They were all mad about the second amendment and none of them stopped to appreciate the irony of a store called "Target" banning guns.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 6, 2015

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Kitchner posted:

Argentinians genuinely believe they are basically white Europeans and therefore better than all these Latinos they have to live around, which is why Latin America hates them so much. No one in Europe thinks of Argentinians as anything other than South Americans so they get pretty mad about that. I'd say a 6.

Whenever you point out there's no legal basis for their claims on the Falklands they get super mad, like definitely a enterprise model display case smashing mad. I mean they have these big rallies where the President tells them all about how it's only a matter of time until they evict the imperialist yolk and a literal mob chased Jeremy Clarkson out of the country because he happened to have a licence plate that could be contrived to refer to the Falklands war.

Yeah, there are a few Rules to talking with Argentines. Unless you're ready to smile and nod at a shitload of irrationality, don't call them South American/Latin/Hispanic, and don't go anywhere near the Falklands issue.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fumble posted:

Just like how pissy butt hurt Americans turn up in threads like this or the India ones crying about how evil our glorious empire was because you have this self instilled feeling that you are all kids from the same abusive foster home and still mad at your former master.
At least we can laugh at our lovely island, you cunts have to stand up and pledge allegiance to yours 5 times a day.

:qq: ingerland

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Shoulda just nuked Buenos Aires, give the whiny losers something to really cry about.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Shoulda just nuked Buenos Aires, give the whiny losers something to really cry about.

That would be a waste of a lot of hot porteņas.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Sentinel Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwYipfRFD0c

Soy de Buenos Aires y digo que los maten a todos

TheImmigrant posted:

That would be a waste of a lot of hot porteņas.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

If there's a country whose navy has gone into deeper decline than Britain, it's Argentina

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 6, 2015

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Innerguard posted:

God bless Margaret Thatcher, may she RIP.

The only people who hated Margaret Thatcher more than the Argentines were the British.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

TheImmigrant posted:

Yeah, there are a few Rules to talking with Argentines. Unless you're ready to smile and nod at a shitload of irrationality, don't call them South American/Latin/Hispanic, and don't go anywhere near the Falklands issue.

Duly noted. I just hope they're not banging post and pans when I visit. Is that still a thing or did rich brazilians steal their fad???

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Say what you will about Margaret Thatcher, jokes about buying everyone in Scotland a shovel so they can deliver her to Satan personally are hilarious, but curbstomping those stupid Argies was the greatest thing ever. Argentina has a lot in common with the American South. Delusions of past grandeur, inability to admit wrongdoing, inability to get over losing, endless whining, and electing bumbling retards. Their reaction to an imagined slight by Top Gear was far more violent (And probably backed by the government) than when the Alabama white trash reacted to intentional insult from the show.

Fun facts about the Falklands:
The people living there hate Argentina, even more so since the war, and recently voted to remain British. "Not fair, I only believe in self-determination when it works for me!"
They were uninhabited by the time the British colonized, so not stolen from anyone.
Most Argentinians are of European descent, for some nice contrast their ancestors did steal a country from a native population.
Argies are loving stupid.
whoa check your nationalist fervor

and i'd hardly call that a curb stomping it was a little dicey for a few seconds, iirc them exocet antiship missiles were destined for the lone uk carrier and only changed target accidentally to hit the merchant supply ship

if they hit that carrier you'd all be speaking argentinese right now

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
My favourite example of Argentine dissonance is the Belgrano incident. The Argentinian navy accepts it was a legitimate act of war, but their politicians keep bleating about it being a war crime. It wasn't a war crime.

In any case, the Falklands issue is just a way of distracting Argentinians from their lovely, lovely economy. People are angry, so politicians give them something external to be angry about.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Argentina keeps trying to be an Orwellian dystopia but they're too incompetent to even do that right.

They pass ever-more draconian laws, people just shrug and head back into the nearest arbolito to change their toilet pesos into dollars like they do every other day.

Even argentinians don't really give a poo poo about Argentina.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It's like on the one hand, latino pride

but then it's also like, gently caress Argentinians, they are pretty much the worst

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

but then it's also like, gently caress Argentinians, they are pretty much the worst

Argentina is an awesome place to visit, so long as you can leave whenever you want. Pretty much every Argentine who can get a foreign passport (usually Italian) already has one.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Plucky Brit posted:

My favourite example of Argentine dissonance is the Belgrano incident. The Argentinian navy accepts it was a legitimate act of war, but their politicians keep bleating about it being a war crime. It wasn't a war crime.

:qq: The Royal Navy sunk our ship while we were invading several of their islands. :qq:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

LLCoolJD posted:

:qq: The Royal Navy sunk our ship while we were invading several of their islands. :qq:

I can't imagine myself invading one of my own islands. Maybe if I was really drunk.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Go home you pigskin parasites

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ecuador > argentina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44t3xc_XDes

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
So how do people here feel about the Hans Island?

What does the Monroe Doctrine say about Denmark and Canada?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Plucky Brit posted:

yeah lol

a warship gets sunk in a war

why i never :monocle:

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Omi-Polari posted:

you can really thank the U.S. for the argentinian defeat in 1982. because the u.s. did a lot of training and advising there during the dirty war. but the U.S. imparted to the argentines the lesson that expensive tricked-out technology wins the day, so the argentinans went on a shopping spree for advanced weapons without ever really learning how to use it together, or use it effectively.

and then the british showed up with gusto and actual fighting skills and kicked their butts.

so what i'm saying is lol

a fun fact here is that the french just gave the exocet anti-ship missile deactivation codes to the british, but yeah 'gusto' lol

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

FiestaNinja posted:

a fun fact here is that the french just gave the exocet anti-ship missile deactivation codes to the british, but yeah 'gusto' lol

It was kind of them to risk their credibility in all future arms sales like that.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Argentinians: They are basically Italian, make the best pastas, have the best steaks , and don't know how to whisper. They are stuck up and proud.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Just like Italians they suck at war, business, civil leadership, and personal hygiene lol

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Tony Homo posted:

Argentinians: They are basically Italian, make the best pastas, have the best steaks , and don't know how to whisper. They are stuck up and proud.

They overcook pasta in Argentina, like they are serving it to olds without teeth. Also, the food is much more boring than it is in Italy - bunch of grilled meat, with lovely medialunas for breakfast. Pizza in Argentina sucks rear end.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Fumble posted:

It was kind of them to risk their credibility in all future arms sales like that.

Cabinet secret memos have now been released showing Thatcher told the French to give them the codes otherwise we would use nukes on the Argentines.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

TheImmigrant posted:

They overcook pasta in Argentina, like they are serving it to olds without teeth. Also, the food is much more boring than it is in Italy - bunch of grilled meat, with lovely medialunas for breakfast. Pizza in Argentina sucks rear end.

Fugazzeta pizza is outrageously good tbf

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
the craziest dish in argentina was just plain dulce de leche. there was a woman sitting next to me in a grill place, eating that stuff like creamy soup. I think it's just plain caramelized sugar with some other crap added in.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

ElGroucho posted:

Lol if you think Argentinians class themselves as "latino".

They think they are superior to everyone else in S America because they are "white"

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
in the land of hispanics, the italian immigrant is white i suppose

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Jonad posted:

Just like Italians they suck at war, business, civil leadership, and personal hygiene lol

An Argentinian is the kind of motherfucker to say, "I am great at many things, but I am absolutely best at being humble."

And then you chuckle a little bit at his joke, but he/she doesn't know what's so funny.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

"Cry some more"

:flame:

Though clearly we're working diligently to make it as easy as possible for next time you try :/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rity-gaffe.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jonad posted:

• Locked thread