Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Volcott posted:

Are there still no official relations between China and Taiwan?

There aren't even any official relations between the United States and Taiwan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
The only good thing about Argentina is "Hola Susana."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

There aren't even any official relations between the United States and Taiwan!

Formosa Rises

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Tony Homo posted:

The only good thing about Argentina is "Hola Susana."

Actually we have the world's only immortal mummy, Mirtha Legrand

Probably some sort of ancient golem or lich

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2015

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

Baudolino posted:

Everyone knows that Third worlder`s cant defeat a first nation military in open combat. They have to use guile instead of strength to win, it worked in Vietnam and Afghanistan and it would have worked on the Falklands islands. Argentina should have smuggled immigrants over and outbred the native brits, then called for referendum. But noo they had use their shiny toys rigth there and then.

Can't we just use Blanka? Guile is for Americans only.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pochoclo posted:

Actually we have the world's only immortal mummy, Mirtha Legrand

Probably some sort of ancient golem or lich

:yikes:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

I never got why Argentina wanted a rock filled with British people anyway.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.tmz.com/2015/04/10/justin-bieber-arrest-ordered-argentina-assault/

Maybe they can draft Justin into the next doomed conscript army

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2015/04/10/justin-bieber-arrest-ordered-argentina-assault/

Maybe they can draft Justin into the next doomed conscript army

civil-law judges are monkeys

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

blowfish posted:

to be fair the scrapped argentine carrier (assuming it had gotten modernised lol) was less retarded than the HMS Prince of Walesdid you know it's more obese than 50 olympic swimming pools and HRH the PoW combined? britannia rules the sea, citizen since it actually had an angled flight deck and a catapult to launch real planes.

The funniest thing is that the US learned the whole steam catapult configuration from the Royal Navy in the fifties. Sixty years later nobody in Britain knew how to design or make them, so we've gone backwards. Still, we can blame Rolls-Royce doing no R&D work for the fact they aren't nuclear.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

An entire country with cocaine-fueled paranoid schizophrenic entitlement. neat.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Volcott posted:

No and as a result Taiwan can't even really rescind its claim to sovereignty over he mainland because that would be a provocative act lmbo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Plucky Brit posted:

Still, we can blame Rolls-Royce doing no R&D work for the fact they aren't nuclear.

lol, really?

i mean just pay the french to build the charles de gaulle mk ii and then license build two copies of it, instant less retarded carrier with issues that can get sorted out within a decade or so instead of never

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Volcott posted:

china and taiwan pretend really hard they actually own the other and iirc china said they'd turn taiwan into a parking lot if taiwan became its own country instead of continuing to claim it should own all of mainland china

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

blowfish posted:

lol, really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth-class_aircraft_carrier

quote:

The Ministry of Defence decided not to use nuclear propulsion due to its high cost, so power is supplied by two Rolls-Royce Marine Trent MT30 36 MW (48,000 hp) gas turbine generator units and four Wärtsilä diesel generator sets (two 9 MW or 12,000 hp and two 11 MW or 15,000 hp sets). The Trents and diesels are the largest ever supplied to the Royal Navy, and together they feed the low-voltage electrical systems as well as four GE Power Conversion's 20 MW Advanced Induction Motor (arranged in tandem) electric propulsion motors that drive the twin fixed-pitch propellers.

blowfish posted:

i mean just pay the french to build the charles de gaulle mk ii and then license build two copies of it, instant less retarded carrier with issues that can get sorted out within a decade or so instead of never

What, save a ton of cash on a defence procurement and drive around the world in a knock-off frog carrier? I don't think you understand the military-industrial complex here.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Hey, the Russians did that strategy, and it worked well right up until they realized France doesn't have to deliver them poo poo if they piss off NATO

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

Hey, the Russians did that strategy, and it worked well right up until they realized France doesn't have to deliver them poo poo if they piss off NATO

yeah but :britain: and :france: are both in nato also they can just build them in the uk and wire the frogs some license fees once they got the blueprints

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ivor Biggun posted:

What, save a ton of cash on a defence procurement and drive around the world in a knock-off frog carrier? I don't think you understand the military-industrial complex here.

If people knew we were using french air craft carriers there would be a riot.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kitchner posted:

If people knew we were using french air craft carriers there would be a riot.

yeah but now you won't be using any aircraft carriers

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

blowfish posted:

yeah but now you won't be using any aircraft carriers

The new UK carriers have been built without catapaults so they can only use the F-35B. They're never going to be anything better than floating targets.

Made in the UK though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

blowfish posted:

yeah but :britain: and :france: are both in nato also they can just build them in the uk and wire the frogs some license fees once they got the blueprints

Good plan.

*France randomly decides to pull out of NATO again*

Darn frogs!

• Locked thread