Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

dorkins did to atheism what south park did to "maybe both sides have a point"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

anyone reasonable just kinda ignores all this dumb poo poo and doesn't make a religion out of not having one nor need to win internet cool points yelling at old people

yeah! yelling at old people is its own reward!

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
i dont think anyone watched the video

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

star trek posted:

i dont think anyone watched the video

no one watched the video sweatheart

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He thinks Muslims are sub-human

so does the western world

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lot of unironic dorkinists itt

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Stephen Jay Gould is my atheist biology guy, rip

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i was looking for a source on the dick dorkins tweet when I ran across this gem

it gets racist later dont worry posted:

If I were King of the World I’d simply abolish Twitter, for I see it as a waste of time, a substitute for real human interaction, and a poor substitute for real discussion. It also keeps people compulsively on the internet instead of doing more productive things. I’m proud to say that I’ve never issued a single tw–t except for the automatic ones that herald each post here.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
rickard dawkins bothers goats

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
dawkins is a cool guy

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

star trek posted:

dawkins is a cool guy

hes not

star trek
Apr 7, 2009

why not

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

he identifies religion as the problem when it is the symptom. his social and political analysis is sophomoric

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol at dorkins non marxist interpretation of society just lmao

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol at dorkins non marxist interpretation of society just lmao

same but unironically

star trek
Apr 7, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

he identifies religion as the problem when it is the symptom. his social and political analysis is sophomoric

he's still a cool guy. i wish he was my grandpa

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
who cares

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6CaQOYJHI

this is pretty good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

TEAYCHES posted:

same but unironically

i was being unironic

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Beef Turret posted:

2 retarded faggots

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:black101: crea-Thor.

P.s. Dawkins is pretty awesome.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 5, 2015

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

I think so too, people turn to religion b/c churches are there and provide the services and help where government is failing

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
im Creationist

god made gbs.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

You know how those politicians who are always screaming their head off about gay people always turn out to be gay themselves? Well, I think that's what's going on here. I think Richard Dawkins loves Jesus Christ. I think it's all an act to seem cool.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

You know how those politicians who are always screaming their head off about gay people always turn out to be gay themselves? Well, I think that's what's going on here. I think Richard Dawkins loves Jesus Christ. I think it's all an act to seem cool.

No, no. He hates God.

But how can he hate someone who isn't real?

Dawkins is Kevin Sorbo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i definitely believe there's a benevolent god who cares about us lol

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
One time I was doing some drugs and looked at some rocks on a beach and they told me that a power from beyond arranged all the rocks and all the sand in the world into their exact present position as a type of art project or something and you know what I believe those rocks were telling the truth because they tasted like rocks.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

EvilJoven posted:

The only reason why people get mad when Dawkins makes the Dawkins face and spells it out to people how retarded their religion sounds is because people have been brought up to believe that for some reason religious belief deserves some sort of respect.

Sorry kids but it doesn't. Religion is dumb.

this is true, "your god sucks lol" should not be treated differently from "your momma is fat"

Agag posted:

Its also teleology, not biology. Dorkins doesn't know the "purpose" of flowers any more than the kid does, but he's a oval office so he had to "correct" her. It oval office mouth formed those oval office words even before his oval office brain knew what was happening.

humans bred lots of pretty flowers that would die out if left alone due to not being functional for plant sex anymore

otoh lots of not so pretty flowers (both bred and otherwise) are perfectly functional and die due to other reasons

i guess this could be phrased as "we technically cant know the ~*~purpose~*~ of flowers (though 42 is a good guess :v:) but since plants need to reproduce and that does not naturally involve people only flowers good at attracting pollinators are still around and the things that make them good at attracting pollinators often happen to make them pretty but only as a side effect" :spergin:

hth

also how dare anyone teach children to appreciate the world in anything but the most anthropocentric self-centered view possible (also animals are cute and fuzzy so we can cuddle them and look at cat pictures on the internet) :goonsay:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 5, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the only reason im not rapemurdering all of you in my rape circus as we speak is cuz i might go to hell

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
Atheists are so dumb. Anyone with half a brain knows that Odin and his brothers created the universe out of the corpse of the frost giant Ymir. If you disagree with this you must be a smug, basement-dwelling neckbeard, lol.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
and if anything i said is incorrect may god strike me down

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

:ocelot:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

never stop

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

EngineerSean posted:

the only moral oppression is my oppression

The only moral oppression is a manbaby crying over having his little jar of honey taken away by airportmen.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Top City Homo posted:

no one has anything bad to say about carl sagan

quote:

Did you know Carl Sagan was a jerk?

When he lived in his home in Ithaca, we was right across a gorge from my fraternity. The brothers invited him to dinner because sometimes we invite our neighbors to dinner. He responded with a series of release forms and a request for a $2,000 public appearance form.

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/posts/566112506743098

lol

feller
Jul 5, 2006

That's the correct response to a frat asking you to their disgusting house for dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I like dick dorkins because he seems to be slowly realizing that he's wasted his life trying to stop people from believing, and now that he's face to face with oblivion instead of rolling with it he's doubling down

• Locked thread