Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Vim Fuego posted:

I also would rather drop myself into a black hole than spend time with anne hathaways character, so i really understood where matthew McConaughey was coming from in this one

It's what we in the PUA community call "blackholing", it just makes you more attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Universe Master posted:

That's what I love about aliens.

They keep getting younger, and I stay the same age.

alright alright alright

Best post.

:golfclap:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

in this movie, girls get older and mcconaughey stays the same age though

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fonzarelli posted:

in this movie, girls get older and mcconaughey stays the same age though

that's impossible

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
no, it's necessary

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

I'm glad to see people haven't lost their taste for rural sounding, Texan-esque lead men in space movies. That's why Space Cowboys is good/bad.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Controversial opinions itt,

I too enjoyed it, the Internet outlaw forum something awful dot com,

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I liked the movie.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i havent seen it yet. im sure it's decently typical nolan film meaning overengineered story, bad characters, bad soundtrack, technically amazing w/great effects and a few cool set pieces

accurate or no?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

thathonkey posted:

i havent seen it yet. im sure it's decently typical nolan film meaning overengineered story, bad characters, bad soundtrack, technically amazing w/great effects and a few cool set pieces

accurate or no?

Imagine a cargo cult version of 2001

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

christopher nolan is a hack

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

so, on the wave planet gravity is x10 of earth's. to leave earth's atmosphere they needed a massive rocket. To leave the water planet's atmosphere they only needed that little landing space craft

then annie's character said love transcends time and space. lol ok

those moments were like the spaceman taking off his helmet in the alien cavern in prometheus. :eyepop:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

CancerCakes posted:

except HAL is a good guy and is actually two robots and owns in general as well as having the best lines in the film

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Interstellar is a good film because christopher nolan didn't phone it in like he did with the third batman. From a technical perspective it's great and the special effects are a new timeless classic. Merging practical models with quality CG is a smart move. The fact that at least TWO new papers are being published on black hole dynamics because of the visualization technology they pioneered in production should tell you that it's not a total crapola.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I liked that one part where Mattthew McConagay goes into a time cube and yells "MURPH" while weeping constantly

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
so there are no aliens right? they were humans from the future or something like that

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CancerCakes posted:

written by the guy who comes up with the messages for Hallmark cards yeah

it's the most creepily heartless movie I've ever seen have an extended soliloquy about the power of love. a good counterpart to Kubrick's work

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Interstellar is nothing more than propaganda for NASA.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Zzulu posted:

The fifth element was not a good bad movie. It's easy to get that impression since it is so amazingly ridiculous but it is actually just a straight up really good movie

fifth element is really goddamned legit good and anyone who thinks otherwise can eat entire mouthfuls of poo poo

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

tvayisnihyaami posted:

so there are no aliens right? they were humans from the future or something like that

yes because the only way that humanity secured its future was by going back in time to influence their future

which means they always did that in the future

the plot is poo poo btw

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked the movie

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
The Korean version was better.

https://youtu.be/hO7J_gEq3Lo?t=2m35s

Misren fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 6, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I LIKED INTERSTELLAR

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Interstellar impresses me in the same way that Inception and Prometheus impress me. All three manage to to be really dumb movies that somehow manage to trick even dumber people into thinking that they're actually smart people. It's kind of adorable.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i also watched it a 2nd time recently - thats how much I enjoyed it

the only thing that was funny to me was in the final act theres not a single mention of coops son. it was like "well murph was the one who solved the antigravity equation and saved humanity so who gives a poo poo about that loser lol". I mean a single throwaway line would have been better really.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

CASE and TARS should get their own movie / spinoff TV series

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Frankenstyle posted:

Interstellar impresses me in the same way that Inception and Prometheus impress me. All three manage to to be really dumb movies that somehow manage to trick even dumber people into thinking that they're actually smart people. It's kind of adorable.

ILL HAVE YOU KNOW I'VE READ THIS ENTIRE BOOK CO AUTHORED BY KIP THORN AND UNDERSTOOD AT LEAST 3% OF IT
http://www.amazon.com/Gravitation-Physics-Series-Charles-Misner/dp/0716703440

AND I STILL LIKED INTERSTELLAR

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

i also watched it a 2nd time recently - thats how much I enjoyed it

the only thing that was funny to me was in the final act theres not a single mention of coops son. it was like "well murph was the one who solved the antigravity equation and saved humanity so who gives a poo poo about that loser lol". I mean a single throwaway line would have been better really.

maybe he died cos he lived in that lovely house??

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I WATCHED INTERSTELLAR AND I'D DO IT AGAIN.

That's right. I watched it.. Ooooooh yeah, and it feel so drat good to watch. You guys should try this poo poo sometimes. Daaaaaaaaammmn. Getting high on watching Interstellar. I'm gonna watch that poo poo when I get back and just sit back and let that poo poo soak into my brain and tingly my spinal cord. Feels good. Interstellar, space, dammit. I need a motherfucking fix.

naem
May 29, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I liked that one part where Mattthew McConagay goes into a time cube and yells "MURPH" while weeping constantly

Crawling in a time cube and throwing ghost books at Jessica Chastain is my spirit animal

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It was okay but didn't make much sense especially the blight when we see bright as gently caress grass and other plant life flourishing

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ok lets ignore this dumb movie and please help cos i think i just got home and i hosed a fatty but she cool or maybe manipulative

fyi i need help wtf

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

love is mega powerful

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's a movie that needs to be viewed twice to truly appreciate how vile the daughter's character is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

why watch it again?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

alright alright alright

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

toggle posted:

then annie's character said love transcends time and space. lol ok

it does..at least until the first sexings

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Do It Once Right posted:

It's a movie that needs to be viewed twice to truly appreciate how vile the daughter's character is.

i would

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

yeh i'd smell anne hathaway's spacesuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Fonzarelli posted:

fifth element is mostly awesome because its pretty much a moebius picture come to life, and i don't think we're gonna get anything that accomplishes that quite so well ever again

Look at you all smug because you know who Moebius is.

• Locked thread