Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I need to watch it again because I didn't even realize there were 2 robots until like the last 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

GORDON posted:

I need to watch it again because I didn't even realize there were 2 robots until like the last 10 minutes.

Who did you think was talking during the times when no ones mouths were moving

There were actually 3 if you wanna get technical about it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

soundtrack is top notch poo poo and hans zimmer is the most talented person involved in the production of the entire film

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Who did you think was talking during the times when no ones mouths were moving

There were actually 3 if you wanna get technical about it.

I thought there was 1 robot. I thought it was talking.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it was pretty loving impressive on 70mm imax and I enjoyed it again when drunk on a plane.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I saw it in theatres and the explosive decompression scene scared me D:

I liked the redocking scene and the part where CASE turns into a big water wheel to save brand :3:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Phlairdon posted:

Look at you all smug because you know who Moebius is.

yeah i am just so proud of my knowledge of comic book people, it is my most prized knowledge

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Interstella 5555 is a neat movie

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gutcruncher posted:

Interstella 5555 is a neat movie

it owns and is the only good anime

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I saw it in theatres and the explosive decompression scene scared me D:

I liked the redocking scene and the part where CASE turns into a big water wheel to save brand :3:

The scene where they are trying to dock while spinning + the music was one of the coolest things I'd seen in the theater.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Happy Bear Suit posted:

CASE and TARS should get their own movie / spinoff TV series

I'd be all about a movie where they find alien life and TARS just acts like a complete prick to the newfound aliens who then develop a seething hatred for humanity. CASE is along and just keeps saying "What the gently caress are you doing, TARS?"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

it owns and is the only good anime

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So imagine TARS with humor turned up to 100% and CASE with humor at 0%, and all they have to talk to is each other.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

GORDON posted:

So imagine TARS with humor turned up to 100% and CASE with humor at 0%, and all they have to talk to is each other.

Can they be two beat cops in a situational comedy?
I would watch the hell out of that show.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

GORDON posted:

bring it on down to 75%

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it made me cry in real life, like once you guys stop playing with your ipads and realize that there are 400 parts per million of carbon in the atmosphere. . .

there has been a person born already that will die due to catastrophic failure of the planet
the last time there has been this much co2 in the air, the oceans where 80 feet higher
half the worlds pop lives within 120 miles of an ocean, hope you know how to swim!

You guys just dont know, you just don't loving know . . .

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 6, 2015

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a running theme in nolan movies is that they need 30 mins chopped off the beginning

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I enjoyed Interstellar but I can't explain why.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
its me

the man in the time tesseract jerking off to my daughter for all eternity

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I forget, why, when they got to that first planet and it had some time dilation poo poo that sucked hard core, did they not just go "Well, clearly we're not going to establish a new Earth on some hosed up blackhole world. Let's go check out the next one."

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it was good
it wasn't great
it wasn't fantastic
but the robot characters were
even the one that just says *explodes*

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did looper and interstellar use the same farmhouse but one was flipped so you wouldn't notice?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
christopher nolan movies are good

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
i did not like anne hathaways lesbian/mom haircut.

it was an ok movie.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Romes128 posted:

i did not like anne hathaways lesbian/mom haircut.

I thought it looked nice on her.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

I forget, why, when they got to that first planet and it had some time dilation poo poo that sucked hard core, did they not just go "Well, clearly we're not going to establish a new Earth on some hosed up blackhole world. Let's go check out the next one."

That was the biggest plot hole, yeah. I liked how they knew that relativity was affecting time there but nobody thought "Hey, if time passes faster on that planet and she's been gone for 5 years, it means she's been there for like 5 minutes and there's no loving way anything meaningful happened."

Three brilliant NASA scientists on a mission to save humanity and all three were too stupid to mention that until after they got back.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Poetic Justice posted:

it made me cry in real life, like once you guys stop playing with your ipads and realize that there are 400 parts per million of carbon in the atmosphere. . .

there has been a person born already that will die due to catastrophic failure of the planet
the last time there has been this much co2 in the air, the oceans where 80 feet higher
half the worlds pop lives within 120 miles of an ocean, hope you know how to swim!

You guys just dont know, you just don't loving know . . .

Maybe those people "playing on their iPads" are engaging in social and scientific movements to change cultures, adapt to climate shifts, and invent technologies necessary to averting the coming "catastrophic failure"?

I'm arguing on the internet.

What are you doing?

Fake edit: someone should have caught the whole time dilation thing, and they could have used their fuel more efficiently than going from low planetary orbit -> sun grazing orbit, even after that fiasco on ice world. They spent more fuel and took more time than conventional efficient transfers.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

if given a choice between Gravity and Moon and Interstellar it'd be a toss up of Gravity and Moon
both very tense in a different way

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
^The Soderbergh remake of Solaris is good too

Blue Raider posted:

a running theme in nolan movies is that they need 30 mins chopped off the beginning

but then you'd lose one of the only good scenes in Dark Knight (a scene with Ledger in it)

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i havent seen it but i like scifi movies should i see it op

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Tarkovsky Solaris best scifi movie imo

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
good movie. was confused at the end, was matthew's daughter's dying wish really for him to go gently caress anne hathaway ? lol . I mean, some serious points for being selfless and having sweet perspective. however not veyr "realistic"

also his daughter was a hot redhead , very rare

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Tarkovsky Solaris best scifi movie imo

come on snowflake it's good but it's too boring to be best. same goes for stalker

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

1gnoirents posted:

also his daughter was a hot redhead , very rare

you're crazy it's not rare at all

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Dyna Soar posted:

you're crazy it's not rare at all

it is indeed rare. for every hot redhead you find ill find 50 non redheads who are just as hot

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

maybe even 100

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dyna Soar posted:

come on snowflake it's good but it's too boring to be best. same goes for stalker

If you forget your adderall that day I guess

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i'd say the amount of hot redheads to ugly redheads is the same as the ratio of hot women to ugly women in general. redheads are just rarer than other hair / skin colours.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Dyna Soar posted:

i'd say the amount of hot redheads to ugly redheads is the same as the ratio of hot women to ugly women in general. redheads are just rarer than other hair / skin colours.

highly disagree. the ratio is poor !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

If you forget your adderall that day I guess

whatever art fag

• Locked thread