Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sutter :siren: :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
thanks Winnik

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

I'd love to see the Pens shot pace keep up.

Put up 66 shots and score 3. Sounds about right.

And the Flyers would get 4 on 11

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This is a pretty aggravating game because the Pens are playing quite well but you just know they're going to lose this in painful fashion unless they get the next one soon

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Can't even get mad any more it's just comedy at this point

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
alright i guess we're just never gonna get a bounce ever again

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
like 35-10 shots and we're losing

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lmao at that scuderi shot

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Nice late post buzzer hit. Flyers are such scum

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

How in the actual gently caress are we winning?

Apparently that's just the way these games go

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
We still get to play Buffalo so we'll probably hit at least 97 points. Going 2-2 with these last 4 probably gets the Pens in. Trouble is if they lose this one then one of those wins would have to come vs Ottawa or the Islanders.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I love how a slash to the stick causes Streit to fall

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't think that should be a penalty on Kunitz. It's a dick move but there's no rule against doing what he did

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
haha gently caress you Flyers

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lol no idea why Voracek got a 10 but I'll take it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Penguins are probably going to lose to the Senators and Islanders, but they're still probably in as long as they beat the Sabres.

Not sure 97 will be enough to get them in. Ottawa can get to 100 if they win all their remaining games. Boston can get to 101, and Detroit can get to 103.

VendaGoat posted:

Kunitz did nothing wrong

This. It's a douchebag move for sure but there's nothing wrong with shooting a puck into an empty net on a delayed call.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, that's not all going to happen though. I think 97 is probably enough, plus they might manage a loser point against the Islanders. It's going to be highly entertaining if they enter their last game having to beat the Sabres to make the playoffs. It'll culminate in the most baller shootout ever.

In order for 97 to be enough Ottawa would have to go like 2-2. Detroit/Boston are almost certainly hitting 97 - they only need one win to do so.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
HOW

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Someone please post Jerry Seinfeld.gif for me

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Meh, just need to take care of business against Ottawa and then beat Buffalo and that will be enough.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, that first part isn't going to happen

Yeah I'm not sure I can see us beating the Islanders either, although that one is at least a home game.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is a team with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin if it gets this close to them missing the playoffs it's because something is systemically hosed up
And they will lose

Well the rest of teh roster is pretty not good, especially when Letang is out

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

The rest of the roster isn't that bad. It's mostly just that there's no depth and the fourth line and third pairing are very very extremely bad

The third line is also super bad...Sutter is not good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Sutter isn't terrible, he's just mediocre. Sutter/Kunitz/Bennett or whatever would be as good as anyone else's third line.

His possession stats are among the worst in the league.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goat posted:

47-20 shots, score is 4-1 goddamn everything

I literally called that. Well I said the Flyers would get 11 shots I think. They managed a few more than that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Bennett has been terrible for a while now. He was playing well prior to being scratched and ever since that benching he's sucked real bad. Someone said earlier in the thread he looks like a corpse out there and they were right.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Go leafs go

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
How does Panik take a penalty when he has the puck on his stick?

Even when I'm not watching the Pens the refs are still managing to gently caress us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
All things considered I'd rather the Sens make it than the Bruins but right now I'm in self preservation mode so thanks Leafs. That extra point actually makes a huuuuge difference since the Pens have the ROW tiebreaker vs Ottawa as well as h2h.

So now even if the Pens do lose to Ott on Tuesday they'll still be clinging to their playoff spot. phew

• Locked thread