Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
I'm going to be vacationing in Panama City Beach, FL in a few weeks with my fiancee and her friend. We're going to be staying at the friend's grandparents snowbird home while we're there.

At the end of the trip, we're going to drive over to New Orleans and stay a night there and take in the city a little bit. We're probably only staying there one night because it's expensive to stay there.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to see, do, not do, eat or not eat while we're in either place? Any travel tips for our drive down from MA would be appreciated too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

PC Beach is a tourist trap. There are a lot of much nicer beaches less than an hour away, if you're going for the actual beach and not to hang out with drunk college freshmen. My family always went to Grayton Beach and it's a very nice place, lots of similar state park beaches along that stretch of coast that are all cheap/free to visit for the day.

Also the thread title is misleading. Florida's beaches and the rest of the state may as well be two different countries, I wouldn't call where you're going the deep south

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Fullhouse posted:

PC Beach is a tourist trap. There are a lot of much nicer beaches less than an hour away, if you're going for the actual beach and not to hang out with drunk college freshmen. My family always went to Grayton Beach and it's a very nice place, lots of similar state park beaches along that stretch of coast that are all cheap/free to visit for the day.

Also the thread title is misleading. Florida's beaches and the rest of the state may as well be two different countries, I wouldn't call where you're going the deep south

I'll take the beach advice, especially since we're going school vacation week. The drunk freshman crowd isn't for us, but I think the ladies are thinking about beaches a lot more than I am. I'll pass it along.

Also, yeah, I thought better of the title after I submitted, but I guess I'm stuck with it now.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Fullhouse posted:

If you want deep south, go to Mobile & Dauphin Island instead of New Orleans. Less expensive and Dauphin is pretty. New Orleans is deep south, I guess, but I don't totally count it.

And yeah, look for other beaches, don't go to pcb unless you are also a drunk college kid.

• Locked thread