Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
are goons still obsessed with MATT TAIBIBI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Beef Turret posted:

Yeah because he's good and funny

i dont think hes bad, but i remember in dnd/lf there used to be dozens of threads with [matt taibbi] tags and they couldn't stop sucking his dick. and goons ruin everything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

BigBoss posted:

D&D is pretty LOL

you could have just made a one word reply with 'd&d' and everything in your post would have been implied and understood

brevity my friend

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Got any rohypnol? Asking for a friend.

thats for poser beta frats. true alpha bro fats like the one i was in could have sex with any chick they wanted from our oozing masculinity :smugdog:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
wasnt there also some recent rape accusations that were proven false or some black guy who was actually really guilty and D&Ds were all white knighting the poo poo out of it trying to one up each other as whose more communist, how awful it is, and running out anyone who didnt believe it 100%; then when it was proven the opposite the narrative changed and they stammered around "well-well IT DOESNT MATTER THAT ITS NOT REAL! IT HAPPENS ANYWAYS THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

liberals lose their minds over the crime of rape for some reason.

wasn't there a d&d thread awhile back where goons were arguing rape is worse than murder. idk maybe not, but it's hard to keep track of all the dumb one-up poo poo they say from the confines of their armchair

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Rolling Stone canned Lester Bangs because he was too mean to bands in his reviews because the magazine only exists for a bunch of dorks to pretend to be friends with rock musicians

Lester Bangs owned bones :hfive:. Have you ever Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung? It loving owns and made me appreciate the man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Hell yeah, I've got some other collection too but I forget the name.

are there any other collections that are good? I think what's amazing about his work is he's jsut writing about music but it really blows up into something deeply beautiful and tragic. it's easy for someone like him in that style of writing to slip into nihlistic gently caress-everything-sucks goonery writing, but he wasn't at all and instead celebrated that there was still amazing things in the world.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 7, 2015

• Locked thread