Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

im glad as hell theyre gonna get taken to the cleaners over this uva business too

Something something all rape accusations are 100% true something something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

One time I won an iPod shuffle from "Blender" because they printed a letter I wrote.
I kept it in a china cabinet for four years and eventually gave it to someone.
When "Blender" folded out of nowhere they switched my subscription over to "Maxim," so I started getting that.
I have two equally, if not more, boring stories about "Rolling Stone" I can share if you'd like.

:justpost:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Lol at all the D&D regulars who still think anybody who doubted the original story is pro-rape

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
HAHAHAHAHAHA

quote:

"After 130 days of living under a cloud of suspicion as a result of reckless reporting by Rolling Stone magazine, today the Virginia Alpha Chapter of Phi Kappa Psi announced plans to pursue all available legal action against the magazine," the fraternity said in a statement.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

natetimm posted:

Then they all started chanting "ECW! ECW! ECW!"

and that rapist was Albert Einstein

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

I dunno, rape accusations are like hand grenades.

You don't have to toss around all that many before you hit someone who deserves it.

:siren: Forums poster Frankenstyle is a rapist :siren:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i never doubted the rolling stone rape story but to be fair I never actually read the article so I didn't know she claimed the D-generation X triple choke slammed her through a glass table while the ref was knocked out on the floor.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fabricated posted:

what if they're just dunking on Rolling Stone rather than being "Yipeeeee a rape accusation may have been proven false in public! The Patriarchy wins again!"

like the latter is real bad but the former, well given the report and their response i dunno

If anything this is a win for feminism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah that's all I'm trying to say really. It just seems weird like why now suddenly about this article are people demanding strict ethics and fact checking from their journalism.

I kind of just assumed that strict ethics and fact checking already happened

• Locked thread