Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
rolling stone has a lot of excellent and engaging journalism, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ArmZ posted:

matt taibbi sucks

wrong

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
is there anything worse than bros gleefully doing a false rape accusation victory lap

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Guancho posted:

gently caress you tezzor

be ashamed at your primate behavior

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

GORDON posted:

yeah actually getting raped.

*rechecks detector* nope

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ASSASSINS! posted:

the holocaust

100,000 Jews a month are being killed by the Nazi extermination machine. But look lol this one Jew claimed the Nazis killed his family but they're probably still alive! Lol! Lol! In your face social justice warriors (previously known as the allied powers)

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

burritolingus posted:

Lying about your family dying in the Holocaust is a lovely thing to do, just like lying about rape. Any news media that runs with those lies without fact checking them is a laughingstock, especially when the smallest amount of fact checking could disprove the lie.

otoh no one thinks they're a laughingstock except right wingers who smell blood and goony misogynists (but I repeat myself) who just smell

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Blue Raider posted:

gently caress off out of my thread tezzer, i hope jackie coakley gets expelled on your behalf

You mean raped

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Under the vegetable posted:

its cool that you're fantasizing about a woman being raped because it would make you look morally stronger in an internet argument

That's what happening here for sure

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

i mean, that person pretty clearly typed expelled. but i guess you would just prefer a rape.

He said expelled but he meant raped. Is English so difficult

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

burritolingus posted:

But I mean, I don't know man, lying about rape is pretty high up there on the List of lovely Things to Do. Like I can't imagine even marginally defending a person who lied about rape because it's a bad and it makes you a bad.

I don't recall defending the act, I recall criticising the hooting ape circlejerk about how take cthat feminism. Is this so difficult

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

i think that circlejerk may primarily exist within your own mind.

There's actually voluminous evidence

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

i don't know. there are a lot of dumb people posting things but i don't know if you can say it's an anti-feminist circle jerk. .

I can and do stay that, as it is accurate. Oh look Ron Mexico is here in this nuanced discussion

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

LethalGeek posted:

I barely know what's going on about I'm happy anytime the twats in D&D get called out on their bullshit

pure gbs

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fabricated posted:

what if they're just dunking on Rolling Stone rather than being "Yipeeeee a rape accusation may have been proven false in public! The Patriarchy wins again!"

like the latter is real bad but the former, well given the report and their response i dunno

its both

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Top City Homo posted:

remember when the rolling stone killed the career of our only competent general in Afghanistan because he claimed to have quoted his aides saying President was making terrible decisions, off the record?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_A._McChrystal#Rolling_Stone_article_and_resignation

yeah that owned

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
*weeps into huge lifetime pile of contractor kickbacks and general's pension* this is the worst thing that ever happened to anyone in afghanistan

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
look this high level functionary was vaguely inconvenienced for a few weeks directly as a result of violating the iron authoritarian command structure of his murderous organization for sociopaths of average intelligence. drat you rolling stone

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Top City Homo posted:

i mean it wasn't a war it was an occupation and he was doing better than everyone

it must be nice to be able to believe that the reason the occupation of afghanistan didnt go well is that we had the wrong interchangable half-bright closet case bureaucrat signing the literal death warrants, in the way it must be nice to believe that fairies will pay quarters for your teeth

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Moridin920 posted:

You know it is kind of interesting though that when a news outlet publishes a blatant lie about other topics nobody seems to really care all that much or demand stringent fact checking.

'I'm against rape and for integrity in journalism :qq:' just kind of makes it sound like a 'I'm not racist but...' rhetorical device.

So why suddenly outrage over this Rolling Stone rape article? Because it is besmirching the good name of Phi Kappa Psi and the University? Because Rolling Stone is a bastion of ethical hard hitting journalism? I mean yeah they should be called on their bullshit but it's not like it's a national news story every time Fox News or CNN or whoever blatantly lie.

I get that the justice system needs to keep a cool head and not turn a problem into an even bigger one by instituting witch hunts but I feel like the sudden righteous indignation over a false news story like it's 1950 or something is a little strange.

they're liars latching onto an excuse to attack feminism

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

City of Tampa posted:

I bet that Matt Taibbi regrets going back to Rolling Stone at the exact same time that RS flushes all credibility down the toilet forever.

that seems a bit extreme, their credibility isn't gone forever except in the eyes of subhumans whose opinions do not and have never mattered

Tezzor fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

City of Tampa posted:

All of the most respectable and credible news organizations have replaced basic verification of the facts in their articles with "listen and believe".

thanks granddad. what are the queers' plans for america

• Locked thread