Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
grandfather built it, passed it on to my mother & aunt, they passed in on to me & my cousin. cousin has a deadbeat husband, two kids both under 2 years old and he's unemployed and disappears on drinking binges for weeks on end.

anyway i was at the cabin this weekend, left this morning. after driving 30 miles i realise i forgot to do some poo poo, but no biggie it's only ~30 minute drive back. drive back, there's a car parked on the driveway. i go in and lo and behold, it's my cousins deadbeat husband and some other dude, sleeping on the sofa (both of em big men, they were in the fetal position and looked so loving stupid both of them crammed into that sofa). i was only gone for just over an hour, and these guys show up. anyway it takes them like, half a minute to wake up and notice me. the deadbeat tries to tell some lie that they've been there all weekend with my cousin who just left (with two kids? where did she go?).

in the end i just tell them to lock the doors and switch off the electricity when they're done napping and leave. their car passes me by after 10 miles, driving like twice the speed limit.

were they drunk? hung over? high on meth? heroin? trying to kick it? who knows. loving weird, man. gotta change the locks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
they went in the cabin to suck each other's dicks op

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Vin BioEthanol posted:

they went in the cabin to suck each other's dicks op

that might very well be the case

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Bad news about your cousin...

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
there was a mystery increase in the electric bill last year, we didn't know what caused it but suspected it was a faulty radiator, so i replaced the old radiators. i now think it might have been him & his drinking buddies all along.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

send them an invoice

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
gotta put up a game camera there and some loving bear traps

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
klaatu barada nikto

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
have you ever seen home alone? those traps worked and Joe Pesci and the other guy werent even drunk

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I learned about deadbeat, lawyered-up tenants is this:

Just because they stop paying the water bill and it gets shut off does not mean they will stop making GBS threads in the toilet, and then bathtub when the toilet is full.

Be careful with restricting them access to poo poo.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

GORDON posted:

One thing I learned about deadbeat, lawyered-up tenants is this:

Just because they stop paying the water bill and it gets shut off does not mean they will stop making GBS threads in the toilet, and then bathtub when the toilet is full.

Be careful with restricting them access to poo poo.

yeah what else am i gonna do dude? i know my cuz kicked him out earlier this year, but took him back in b/c he was gonna end up homeless. he's been sleeping on her couch for months now, when he's not somewhere drinking (i now suspect it's my cabin)

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 6, 2015

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah what else am i gonna do dude?

You're probably hosed. I just had to give tenants 6 months of free rent until the sheriff could evicted them. You're dealing with family and they seem to have unfettered access.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
maybe ill hide some bottles full of methanol and the problem will drink itself away

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"Holy crap officer, but WHY would they mix rat poison in with the whiskey before they drank it?"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

change those locks. hang your food in a tree?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

change those locks. hang your food in a tree?

I don't know this guy but peeps I have known in the past wouldn't think twice about just kicking the door in and, if they get caught at all, just telling you, "Oh my key wasn't working and I guess I used too much force."

Deadbeat humans make the world a terrible place sometimes.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

set up spy cams, blackmail him with the inevitable gay dick sucking footage

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does he know you don't want him there, OP

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
This is how season 2 of True Detective is gonna start.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

does he know you don't want him there, OP

called my cousin, she had given no permission for this nor did she even know he's been using the cabin like this. it's ours both, 50/50 and i go there really often in the summer. she knows i wouldn't let him use it as a party cabin / drug den and he knew not to even ask her permission, just take the keys.

we both own half but i pay most of the bills and let her family use it, she knows better not to gently caress with me like this.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 6, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmG-QttLETo

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
An ex mother in law of mine had a cabin way the hell up in the mountains. She just talked to the local cops and they were happy to keep a close eye on the place, as in doing nightly drive bys and chasing off people who were lurking around on occasion. Probably because there isn't much to do when you're the lawman of Gopher Gulch.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ey yo

money over everything

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Call the cops on em op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you cant pick your family OP!!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Nooner posted:

you cant pick your family OP!!

i can tell them to get the hell of my lawn tho!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Dyna Soar posted:

i can tell them to get the hell of my lawn tho!

If they come back be sure to let them know that people know where you are.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

get your cousin to tell the guy not to use your shared cabin for gay sex drug orgies, OP

then tell the local police that you don't want him using your cabin for gay sex drug orgies

this may backfire in that the police may start getting involved in the gay sex drug orgies, in which case i suggest finding a new cabin, OP

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
pretty sure cameras are the only real course of action here

its almost definitely gay stuff too

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm not advocating cold blooded murder but it sounds like no one would ever know OP. No one would ever know.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the cabin is lost dude just pull your losses

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
it could be gay stuff but those guys had a real methhead vibe. dressed up like walmart gangstas, knockoff tapout / ed hardy style deucebag clothes you know. deadbeats got arms & hands all covered in lovely homemade tattoos & i know the deadbeat's been in alcohol & drug treatment before. so they might have just been high & no gay stuff involved

who am i kidding it's probably gay stuff

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
definitely put a gay spy cam in there

the kind that wont activate if its just ordinary stuff between a man and a woman in front of it's sensor

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
start putting creepy poo poo from cabin in the woods in there OP

cloven hoof
Mar 17, 2009
Start renting it on Air b&b.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

cloven hoof posted:

Start renting it on Air b&b.

should i mention the possible unwanted guests

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Dyna Soar posted:

should i mention the possible unwanted guests

that's a pessimistic way of looking at it, instead mention the possibility of free meth

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

OP should have burned down the cabin, missed opportunity

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can we see a pic of this "cabin"/romantic get away/meth lab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
You know what you gotta do OP.

• Locked thread