Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
If raw, a couple dozen easy.

My preference: a little lemon or a nice mignonette while knocking back a few dry martinis.

Shellfish is the only seafood I can eat guilt-free; bivalves are great for the environment.

never seen again fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like to mix the canned ones in with pasta.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

What about eggs?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I could eat like 5

%

THATS RIGHT IM COMING FOR YOU AS A SPECIES OYSTERS YOUR TIME ON THIS EARTH IS OVER PREPARE TO LIVE ANEW IN MY STOMACH

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I.C. posted:

What about eggs?
i like to limit myself to one egg per instant ramen package so if i wanted to eat 6 eggs i would have to eat six ramen packages

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
I ate 73 in one sitting once. I lost the contest though. Some guy ate 155.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Do you mean the ocean creature or OxyContin?

Either way, less than your mother.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I bet I could eat a whole lot but I would choose not to because its immoral to do so

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

They got rid of responsibility clam is what you are telling me, correct?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
oysters are the greatest food of all time and I can eat as many as will fit in my guts or as many as I can afford without becoming entirely destitute.

holy poo poo I love raw oysters

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
:backtowork:

technically a scallop, but close enough

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I grew up on a river where there were thousands of them and sometimes used to eat them all day as a kid, straight off the rocks. I usually just get 12 at a restaurant though. 12 is plenty.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:backtowork:

technically a scallop, but close enough

That's what's up.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I.C. posted:

That's what's up.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

15. We ordered everything on the menu, then we picked the best half of those, then we picked the best three of those. We also had fries with bay seasoning and bloody marys. Happy hour oysters are the best.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I've done two dozen once in New Orleans 'cause they were loving phenomenal and I was drunk as gently caress but normally I just stick with a dozen, that's plenty enough, especially when you're sharing other appetizers and drinks.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

he's tuff!

Critical Sass
Nov 11, 2009

...and you're worried about me gaying up the place.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Fry them up in cornmeal and get some bread. We're having po boys

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i once had 4 but i think i could go for 20 if i was serious

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

unlimited shrimp posted:

i once had 4 but i think i could go for 20 if i was serious
that leaves a lot to be desired from a dudes who's user name is unlimited shrimp

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
All you can eat oysters for 22 bucks in Kittery, ME one January evening. 79. 78 cause I ordered them and the last one cause my gf couldn't do a full two dozen. I had to have her drive back home, food coma. We are no longer dating.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

numberoneposter posted:

that leaves a lot to be desired from a dudes who's user name is unlimited shrimp

Shrimps aren't even bivalves they aren't even close

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Oysters are gross. I tried one, and hated it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've ate 2 dozen before and it wasn't really anything. If I had money to waste and was crazy I bet I could eat 100 no problem. There's only like 100 calories in a dozen anyway.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Had some with dinner tonight. It owned.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Dude... I want some Oysters now.

I might grab a bag of clams and mussels tomorrow though.

Shellfish Decisions ITT

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
Prob a shitload. They're small

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
real question how many is appropriate? I always want to order them but theyre like $1.50 each and if i only order like 3 for me will that be awkward/make me look like a poor

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Billmac posted:

real question how many is appropriate? I always want to order them but theyre like $1.50 each and if i only order like 3 for me will that be awkward/make me look like a poor

6 is a normal amount.

I think thats called a "Half Rockefeller".

Dont worry about what people think so much, it wont get you anywhere.

:shrug:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Billmac posted:

It won't be awkward but it will make you look poor.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
oysters are the only meat typically eaten by ethical vegetarians some famous dude wrote a book about animal rights and it explained oysters cant feel loving poo poo but clams are still people and cant be eaten though

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Quite a few.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

extra stout posted:

clams are still people and cant be eaten though

I will smash a loving cow in the skull and start eating it from the rear end in a top hat up. Clams can just gently caress right off

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I don't think anything feels pain when you shoot it in the loving head with a bolt gun, so I don't see why they can't eat beef either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I don't have a taste for invertebrate sea food is that weird? Shrimp and crab and lobster and oysters and squid/octopus literally taste like nothing. Sometimes at most a vaguely fishy taste.
Is it like an acquired taste or what?

• Locked thread