Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Henrik gets assist #700!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am so scared right now Oh god.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

:justpost:

Also, the PA can play poo poo during play?

I mean stuff aside from announcements, like the WOO!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

That pass from Henrik was sick

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Rotten Cookies posted:

:justpost:

Also, the PA can play poo poo during play?

They can make announcements related to the game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

How is Higgins so snake bitten right now? Back to back game with goalie out of it posts.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Number19 posted:

They can make announcements related to the game.

I edited, I meant like the Ric Flair WOO! That I swear I heard during play.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

How is Higgins so snake bitten right now? Back to back game with goalie out of it posts.

This has been his entire season

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

Chicken Doodle posted:

This has been his entire season

His career too, for the most part.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Please end this in regulation Canucks. :ohdear:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Please end this in regulation Canucks. :ohdear:

I don't want to be greedy :ohdear:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Rotten Cookies posted:

I edited, I meant like the Ric Flair WOO! That I swear I heard during play.

The Canucks announcer does that after doing the whole "Canucks goal scored by Daniel Sedin assisted by Henrik" part of announcing the goal.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fisting by many posted:

I don't want to be greedy :ohdear:

I just realized I need to be more specific or else monkeys paw will get me:

Please win this in regulation Canucks. :ohdear:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

HookShot posted:

The Canucks announcer does that after doing the whole "Canucks goal scored by Daniel Sedin assisted by Henrik" part of announcing the goal.

I could've sworn that you weren't "allowed" to play stuff like that during play. Unless you mean that's the announcer's voice.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Rotten Cookies posted:

I could've sworn that you weren't "allowed" to play stuff like that during play. Unless you mean that's the announcer's voice.

You're allowed a brief sound effect at the end of a goal announcement. Lots of arenas do it. The Blues play a bell sound, the Coyotes play another howl.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Number19 posted:

You're allowed a brief sound effect at the end of a goal announcement. Lots of arenas do it. The Blues play a bell sound, the Coyotes play another howl.

Huh. For some reason I've only noticed the sound bites when there was a stoppage after a goal. Probably confirmation bias on my part.

Edler with a slapper to the dick?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Rotten Cookies posted:

Huh. For some reason I've only noticed the sound bites when there was a stoppage after a goal.

Edler with a slapper to the dick?

and he takes a shot to the back right after
poor guy

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

DOOMocrat posted:

Jamie Benn is going to finish top 5 in points, and is paid 5.75 next year :psyduck:

Can we have a moratorium on talking about how incredible your favorite team's RFA contract is

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So... that Sbisa guy isnt very good eh?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Ha ha ha

ha ha

haaaaa

Yeah you could say that

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made

Rotten Cookies posted:

Huh. For some reason I've only noticed the sound bites when there was a stoppage after a goal. Probably confirmation bias on my part.

Yeah the Canucks in house announcer has been doing it for a number of years. Apparently there are (were) a lot of David Lee Roth fans in the Canucks dressing room and he started doing it for them. I want to say at least as far back as the 08-09 season.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Well this is happening.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Well... if the Canucks can play every game like this one, a series with LA wouldn't be so bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear Canucks,

please limit the Kings to one point. Please. I'm a loving Stars fan, I've got no dog in the hunt. I just hate the Kings.

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made

Furnaceface posted:

Get ready for a hot take

:negative:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Dear Canucks,

please limit the Kings to one point. Please. I'm a loving Stars fan, I've got no dog in the hunt. I just hate the Kings.

:smith::hf::smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

nature6pk posted:

Get ready for a hot take

:negative:

How dumb does your coach have to be to put a guy that terrible out during OT?

Please ignore that Q routinely puts Rozsival out during OT usually ending with very similar results.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

I hate the Kings so much and absolutely don't want them in the playoffs, but I think another series against them would be really exciting.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

heeheex2 posted:

I hate the Kings so much and absolutely don't want them in the playoffs, but I think another series against them would be really exciting.

yeah but the alternative is almost certainly a series with the Flames so gently caress the Kings

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Yea that would be much much better for sure

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made

Furnaceface posted:

How dumb does your coach have to be to put a guy that terrible out during OT?

Please ignore that Q routinely puts Rozsival out during OT usually ending with very similar results.

The better question is why is he being dressed when he's such a black hole in any fancy stat you want to measure, including +/- for the really slow.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

This has been a great hockey game in Vancouver.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Chicken Doodle posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

it's ok for some reason the other team is the one that's poo poo at shootouts :confused:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Jim Fox drew a happy face on the digital chalkboard. That's just how the last play of overtime worked.

I think the hockey gods appreciate how ridiculous taking this to a slam dunk contest is, especially because it isn't an actual slam dunk contest.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i wanted bonino to score so i could say "Boney N"

well that was my last chance to say it probably so there

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why am I still up at almost 1am watching this game between 2 teams I dont follow? And its a stressful game too! If you lose in the SO so help me god I will curse you until the day I die Canucks. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Locked thread