Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

remember when big e did the lebron chalk clap in his entrance? little did we know how central clapping would become to his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
That podcast was poo poo garbage bad. Jericho is the loving worst, none of his questions were interesting at all.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Dr. rear end posted:

Nothing bad has ever happened to anyone who agreed to have a beer with Austin

Nice dude, it's like the guy made a joke, then you decided to explain the joke to him, so I got to read the joke twice on the same page.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DannoMack posted:

That podcast was poo poo garbage bad. Jericho is the loving worst, none of his questions were interesting at all.

Almost as though he was told by WWE what to talk about, weird

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DannoMack posted:

That's why he gets the podcast over "Let's bring up Chyna for Hall of Fame" Austin.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DeathChicken posted:

That fits right with what Vince...I mean Cena was saying last night on the podcast. "The crowd wanted someone new. So here's Roman Reigns, a new guy who's pretty good, and they poo poo'd him too. What do you crazy people want, I'm bewildered."

"What do you people want?"
"DANIEL BRYAN (clap clap clap clap clap)"
"Seriously, tell me, I don't understand."
(thunderous)"DANIEL BRYAN (clap clap clap clap clap)"
"Just tell me what you want!!"
(bolts start shooting out of arena like in an old submarine movie)"DANIEL BRYAN (clap clap clap clap clap)"
(can't even hear himself scream)"Why won't you just say it!!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DannoMack posted:

It was expertly crafted to make a total idiot think he was hardballing him with the Five Moves of Doom and When Will You Turn Heel poo poo that Cena has had canned answers to for years.

I will say this - I have to give props to Cena for not bringing up the other half of that heel turn answer. I forget who the interviewee was, but on Jericho's podcast a few weeks ago, they said that Cena spent all this money on gear for this heel turn that never happened, so when those plans were nixed, he used that money (out of his pocket) to set up a fund for NXT wrestlers to use when they needed new gear. Cena's a good dude.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It was Chris Hero iirc

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Jericho called Stardust Cody to open up the interview I am disgusted by his blatant lack of respect for the Stardust Character

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

pressedbunny posted:

Levi Stadium's capacity is just under 70,000, IIRC, with a few more thousand on the floor for things like WM; that's likely evened out by the amount of space they need to curtain off for production. The 76k number Stephanie rattled off can't be real, but it's probably not that far off from the actual number of tickets sold. Hell, they could even probably get away with including staff and talent in the attendance figure. These numbers are always rounded up and fudged.

Having a little insight into how a few UK stadiums and arenas have come up with their figures in the past, I'd hazard a guess that WM got something like 73k paid and just shifted the 3 up to a 6.

The maximum they could fit into the stadium was just under 70,000. WWE tarps off a big section of seats for the stage, more than they can sell on the floor. There were a few unsold tickets for the show too so the real number is probably around 66,000.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

duyarvish posted:

Jericho called Stardust Cody to open up the interview I am disgusted by his blatant lack of respect for the Stardust Character

It proved that everything on Live with Chris Jericho is a complete shoot.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's why he gets the podcast over "Let's bring up Chyna for Hall of Fame" Austin.

I guess the Chyna thing isn't as big of a deal to me because I'm surprised that's what ticked off Vince instead of everything else that was asked, including the brass ring questions and the Cesaro questions.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
A complete list of cool things Cody Rhodes has done since becoming a spaceman:

"You don't want Mizdow, you want STAAAAAAAAARRRRDUUUUUUUUUUUUST."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

It was Chris Hero iirc

Ah yeah, that's right and it would've been Colt's podcast not Jericho's.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Peter Bazooka posted:

A complete list of cool things Cody Rhodes has done since becoming a spaceman:

"You don't want Mizdow, you want STAAAAAAAAARRRRDUUUUUUUUUUUUSTRoman Reigns."

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Peter Bazooka posted:

"You don't want Mizdow, you want STAAAAAAAAARRRRDAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH."

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
When are we getting Cody wrestling against himself with half of his body painted up like Stardust.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I will say this - I have to give props to Cena for not bringing up the other half of that heel turn answer. I forget who the interviewee was, but on Jericho's podcast a few weeks ago, they said that Cena spent all this money on gear for this heel turn that never happened, so when those plans were nixed, he used that money (out of his pocket) to set up a fund for NXT wrestlers to use when they needed new gear. Cena's a good dude.

Ah yes, the black jorts and t-shirt endowment has helped out many a struggling developmental talent.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Ah yes, the black jorts and t-shirt endowment has helped out many a struggling developmental talent.

Maybe they at least funded Crowe's ever-changing parade of bad singlets that make him look incontinent.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Skaw posted:

When are we getting Cody wrestling against himself with half of his body painted up like Stardust.

Metsfan confirmed this is penciled in for next year as WM's main event. Makes sense cause the logo is also a star

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Smackdown is indeed moving to USA early next year.

Also the new Tough Enough will debut there on June 23rd.

WWE and USA PR posted:

Earlier this year, USA announced the renewal of WWE Tough Enough, premiering Tuesday, June 23 at 8/7c. The reimagined series will feature an all-new format with live elements and more fan participation than ever before. In addition, WWE recently unveiled a new brand campaign “For The Hero In All of Us,” that engages consumers through #MyHeroIs, inviting fans to name their favorite WWE Superstars and share personal and inspirational stories of heroism.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe they at least funded Crowe's ever-changing parade of bad singlets that make him look incontinent.

Crowe tells a story in a recent Botchamania about making GBS threads his pants mid match, so maybe him looking incontinent isn't the worst thing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vertical Lime posted:

So Smackdown is indeed moving to USA early next year.

Also the new Tough Enough will debut there on June 23rd.

Tuesdays? They should replace the first hour of Raw with it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Skaw posted:

He did defeat himself for the World Tag Team Championships once, so anything is possible.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

bradzilla posted:

Yes the New Day gets like 20 minutes for a slow burn heel turn that will be dropped in a month and no sir we do not have time for a Daniel Bryan match to actually build his match with Barrett at ER.

Yo can we not complain about the black folks on the show getting to do something about their wack rear end gimmick? That's about as good as it gets because God forbid one of them ever competes for a title despite Xavier having the look of a good contender. Maybe not so much the wrestling ability though :/

But that's not stopping Reigns :v:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

Barrett explained in some interview a few months back, there are at least three copies of every belt: an absolutely pristine one for studio photos and the like; one or two media appearance, travel and standard TV taping belts which look good but can risk the occasional small knock; and a ratty house show and stunt belt for when someone needs to be hit with it, it's going to get flung around, or it is otherwise there for function rather than appearances.

Which version is the belt John Cena haphazardly chucks into the ring during his entrance whenever he's champ?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yet another reason to hate Cena

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

That broken old man Hogan just doesn't want to admit that his wife couldn't handle the raw sex appeal of Big Poppa Pump

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2422569-hulk-hogan-scott-steiner-alleged-murder-threat-sparks-police-investigation

https://twitter.com/ScottSteiner/status/198128270502395906

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
From a couple of pages back, but FTFY nonetheless

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, they took everything that was fun about wrestling and made it insufferably boring. WWE.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
So (not knowing how WWE time off works) is it possible they gave a bunch of guys the night off since they knew it was going to be dead ratings-wise anyway? Also that was the worst crowd I've ever seen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

wyoak posted:

So (not knowing how WWE time off works) is it possible they gave a bunch of guys the night off since they knew it was going to be dead ratings-wise anyway? Also that was the worst crowd I've ever seen

They're starting the European tour this week so half the roster was probably at the airport by the final hour.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Benne posted:

They're starting the European tour this week so half the roster was probably at the airport by the final hour.

Except the guys who were missing are advertised for smackdown, it could be a move to more of a soft brand split, making sure guys who are main eventing smackdown are exclusive to that show that week to improve smackdown ratings, but that's probably wishful thinking and they just weren't a priority for tv time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

wyoak posted:

Probably

The basketball game was like a 17.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
While perhaps I'm saying this because I barely watch raw nowadays and it doesn't affect me, maybe giving three guys we all like but who all have scary-ish health issues a rest could be looked at as a good thing? I guess Dean technically is fine as far as we know but he's been working brutal matches for a while and Daniel and Dolph could both always use a break.

On a related note those three should make a team called 3D.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-more-3/385582/

8PM: 4.3 million viewers
9PM: 4.039 million viewers
10PM: 3.552 million viewers

Somewhere between the show getting worse and the college basketball finals looking better (in spite of the result), yep

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Under the vegetable posted:

I've been waiting for this turn ever since Xavier came out talking about "we gotta stay happy, or else the rage comes out!" during a New Day entrance like several months ago.

I will cheer the poo poo out of New Day if they're actively preventing Alex Riley from getting screentime.

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE blames the fans for Roman Reigns for not being over.

The circular logic of this is incredible. They blame the fans for someone not being over with the fans, who decide what's over.

drat those fans for being fans! They should just not be fans! :argh: Empty arenas! THAT'S what we need!

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Vertical Lime posted:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-more-3/385582/

8PM: 4.3 million viewers
9PM: 4.039 million viewers
10PM: 3.552 million viewers

Somewhere between the show getting worse and the college basketball finals looking better (in spite of the result), yep
i very rarely turn raw off halfway through regardless of the shittiness and i had to tap out of that one before reigns big show happened

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Vince had the means I bet he would totally film Raw in a studio with paid audience members who cheer exactly who he wants

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

While perhaps I'm saying this because I barely watch raw nowadays and it doesn't affect me, maybe giving three guys we all like but who all have scary-ish health issues a rest could be looked at as a good thing? I guess Dean technically is fine as far as we know but he's been working brutal matches for a while and Daniel and Dolph could both always use a break.

On a related note those three should make a team called 3D.

That's possible. But you could always just have them do non wrestling related stuff like backstage segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ah yeah, that's right and it would've been Colt's podcast not Jericho's.

Cheap Heat, actually.

• Locked thread