Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

are you serious ughhh

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (長門有希ちゃんの消失 Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu) is a new anime series based off a manga spin-off based off the light novel that everyone knows about due to the 0% chance that someone actually wants to watch this without having seen or read any of the Haruhi series. As such, Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back Haruhi is back but not really.

You already know all this:

Yuki Nagato

quiet girl beep boop

Kyon

facepalm why do i look so stupid now

Ryouko Asakura

everyone's favorite crazyeyes mcstabby :ese:

Mikuru Asahina

did they introduce me again with a boobs joke yup sure did

Tsuruya

yes i'm self-aware that i am the best chance of saving this show

Other Characters:
:effort: eh, just imagine the other characters that you already know but drawn worse and/or with more sideburns.

Where to watch: streaming at Funimation, starting 3 days ago.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Reserved for goofyfaces.jpgs

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Nagato was cute as gently caress in the first episode.

Kyon not so much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First episode was both cute and horribly boring, I might give it another to see which wins out.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
haruhi is bad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not my Kyon/Nagato.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

kyon's new design is just unnerving

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I am fine with this becoming the Asakura and Tsuruya show.

They're fun and neither of them had any time in the Haruhi seasons. Also they both escaped largely unscathed by the art shift where Nagato and especially Kyon did not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kyon's head has definitely changed model to a noticeable extent.

Also, they turned up the -dere on Yuki as far as she could go and dialed back the Dan- just a hair.

Desuwa posted:

I am fine with this becoming the Asakura and Tsuruya show.

:agreed:
It still remains the drag Kyon into hijinks show however

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I don't see this adaption working very well as an anime. As a manga it was mostly just cutesy flirting between Kyon and Nagato, so if you are expecting Haruhi hijinks, bail out now. This is an adorable show about adorable people doing adorable things and if you can't stomach that, Tsuruya can't save it.

Watch some Haruhi-chan instead. I promise it is better.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My ship, the anim

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, they turned up the -dere on Yuki as far as she could go and dialed back the Dan- just a hair.

Explain this in not-weeb.

I only understand the true deres, tsun and yan

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Tone down the shy, increase the "melting".

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I've never seen any Haruhi stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Tone down the shy, increase the "melting".

I don't get it is she an icecream

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool hare hare humming, murder lady

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I don't get it is she an icecream

Yes, feelings are like ice cream. They are cold, tsun, and eventually melt, dere.

Yan is when it tastes terribly and dan is boring flavor.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordaedil posted:

Yes, feelings are like ice cream. They are cold, tsun, and eventually melt, dere.

Yan is when it tastes terribly and dan is boring flavor.

im screaming loudly at this post

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My feelings are generally not cold though, so this seems like a bad analogy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll never watch this show but this is pretty good joke, even if it does highlight how much worse the animation is compared to actual Haruhi

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

PotU posted:

im screaming loudly at this post

Pretend I loudly screamed it too, makes it better.

Namtab posted:

My feelings are generally not cold though, so this seems like a bad analogy

No poo poo.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I can get Yuki falling for Kyon in this, there is something striking about how Kyon looks, can't put my finger on it though.

I dunno if I'll watch this every week, I did like the manga and yes its 100% cutesy people doing cutesy things but I dunno, I still got around 200 chapters of Nisekoi to catch up on so, I just miss Haruhi content so I'll watch it for that.

Maybe if it does well they'll do more Haruhi?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Tip: just close your eyes or look at another part of the screen when Kyon is talking. I got through the episode without completely hating the new model by doing this.

Or just don't watch at all :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would just make me think I'm watching Gintama only boring.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgeLNu0Ms7A

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's :3: enough for me.

I like that a lot of the music takes its style cues from the alternate-world music of Disappearance.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

Nagato in this new season isn't as dandare as she was in the original, meaning she's not the pilot of the future anymore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I live in the same town that the guy who wrote Dan Dare used to, there's a bust of him in front of the Arts Centre.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Namtab posted:

rei from evangelion

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget to go out and buy all the Yuki-chan merchandise.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This is the saddest/hottest part of the whole drat movie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I died. I'm dead.

That never happened, I refuse.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This show as pretty good. I liked how the interchangeable blue and green haired girls were completely interchangeable.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan: quet girl beep boop

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

im not going to watch this because the alternative universe in disappearance of haruhi was depressing to me. well bye

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Budget Prefuse posted:

im not going to watch this because the alternative universe in disappearance of haruhi was depressing to me. well bye

The only depressing thing was Kyon making the wrong choice :colbert:. Quiet girl beep boop.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't really know anything about the greater Haruhi fiction beyond the first season and half of whatever the gently caress the second season was, but I always greatly wished that the super-powers were just complete bullshit that Kyon was embellishing his boring rear end life with. If that's what Disappearance is based around I think I will love this.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

kater posted:

I don't really know anything about the greater Haruhi fiction beyond the first season and half of whatever the gently caress the second season was, but I always greatly wished that the super-powers were just complete bullshit that Kyon was embellishing his boring rear end life with. If that's what Disappearance is based around I think I will love this.
you should watch the actual disappearance film then instead of this boring bullshit

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

kater posted:

My theory is that Kyon is actually the all-powerful one, not Haruhi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

My theory is that Kyon is actually the all-powerful one, not Haruhi.

That's not a theory, that's what happens in the movie.

• Locked thread