Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I was wondering what references to SA people have found, whether it was in a game, in a TV show/film, a book, etc.

This was spurred by when I was playing Fallout: New Vegas recently, and it turns out that the unique YCS/186 weapon refers to the "Your Console Sucks" section of SA, with 186 being the forum ID of YCS (as shown under the "Behind The Scenes" section of the weapon's wiki page.)

The more obscure the better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
after i hosed ur mom she said im gay

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Isn't that the game with those balls at the edge of a cliff, too?

I think all of them might just be in that one game. Good to see one Goon Project actually took off.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Isn't that the game with those balls at the edge of a cliff, too?

I think all of them might just be in that one game. Good to see one Goon Project actually took off.

I remember reading something about balls... hang on, let me re-word that.

I seem to remember reading something on the Fallout wiki about 4 red balls if you took the Wild Wasteland trait (the same one that makes Indiana Jones' corpse appear in a fridge, reference to Crystal Skull), but I can't remember the specifics.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

after i hosed ur mom she said im gay

because you were poo poo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

DarkMalfunction posted:

I remember reading something about balls... hang on, let me re-word that.

I seem to remember reading something on the Fallout wiki about 4 red balls if you took the Wild Wasteland trait (the same one that makes Indiana Jones' corpse appear in a fridge, reference to Crystal Skull), but I can't remember the specifics.

Yeah all near the very start where that rear end in a top hat mugger tricks you. Those two are actually right beside each other.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

there's an SAclopedia article for this, which probably hasn't been updated in 7 years (but it's not as if SA has done anything relevant in those 7 years so it's bang up to date in reality)

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Only references made by myself yalll

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Our photoshop friday for some soccer guy got put in a real live museum.

Oh and some stupid kids stabbed other kids because of a fake monster story created from our "Things that unnerve you" thread.

Edit:Might have been "Pictures that unnerve you"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
One of the marrowwind elder skyrim dragon dick games has a weapon called a ban hammer.

The translation for the PSP remake star ocean first departure had the line "rear end in a top hat"

Slenderman movie coming out.

Golan the insatiable is now a TV sort

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

RideTheSpiral posted:

because you were poo poo

:thejoke:

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
some goon murdered three people and i saw it on the news

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fk

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Doom3 has SA on a computer monitor.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
Something Awful makes the news!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
don't quote me on this one but I think Green Day also has a grenade for their logo

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 253 days!)

horriblePencilist posted:

don't quote me on this one but I think Green Day also has a grenade for their logo

Even more reason to run down every vehicle which has one

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw a kid bleed to death in a forest nearby and thought "heh. clever ref"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i heard conan say "COMEDY GOLD" must be a somethingawful refrence

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A stair lift salesman asked my grandmother if she had stairs in her house

i gave him a knowing wink and we're dating now

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

a robot pushed me down the stairs

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

two girls one cup came from SA

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
das juden?? send them to der gassen chamber lol! - a goon

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Kumo posted:

two girls one cup came from SA

more like one girl two seats

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
wtftit.jpg came from Kumo's AV

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Some braindead feminist group recently unironically linked an old photoshop friday about childhood vaccines which made its way to my fb feed. Closest thing to relevance I've seen out of this place in a good bit

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My brother's Mexican boyfriend mentioned dickbutt the other day :psyduck:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There is a really unfunny nerd on the big bang theory.

.random
May 7, 2007

I told my friend I couldn't afford the :10bux: to register for reddit the other day. He stared at me for a moment all :confused: and then said "You know it's free right?"

...does this count?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

VGQuoter was an awesome gimmick. I'm old. :corsair:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frijolero posted:

My brother's Mexican boyfriend mentioned dickbutt the other day :psyduck:
if kc green goes down in history as a footnote with something like "guy became world-famous for his drawing of a potato with a penis emerging from its rear and eventually went mad" as the sole lasting proof of his existence, it'll be both sad & hilarious at the same time

truly, the one cough of our times

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Volume posted:

The translation for the PSP remake star ocean first departure had the line "rear end in a top hat"

This made me laugh probably more than it should have. Not should of.

I hate people that say "should of".

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

One of the translators for earlier pokemon games named one of the trainers ingame after the player character used in one of the Pokemon LPs. The trainer even had the same pokemon the LPer used the most in the LP.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

DarkMalfunction posted:

I hate people that say "should of".

they're retarded and deserve our pity

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

West SAAB Story posted:

they're retarded and deserve our pity

their*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
KFC has a secret menu item called the Goony Fat gently caress Sandwich, which I think is an SA reference. It's not listed you just have to go ask for it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

sry but for all intensive purposes, i just couldnt's bring myself to do that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

quakster posted:

if kc green goes down in history as a footnote with something like "guy became world-famous for his drawing of a potato with a penis emerging from its rear and eventually went mad" as the sole lasting proof of his existence, it'll be both sad & hilarious at the same time

truly, the one cough of our times
I think I recall hearing he hates that comic now

same with hiimdaisy getting mad that people liked all of her videogame comic things more than her weird pedo rabbit children webcomic so she tried scouring them from the internet

meanwhile Bill Watterson said that the calvin peeing on things stickers are probably the closest he'll ever get to being immortal and he didn't care despite the industry of making just those stickers probably having made hundreds of millions of dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
when they put that obvious goon character in that one Blade movie

• Locked thread