Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Someday I'll be a playoffs poster :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

Byron Scott is such a dillweed

there's no and 1's in war, Carlos.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's had much better shot selection and is shooting three pointers at about league average of .331 all of which MAKES ME MAD !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !

I :pray: pray that they lose in the first round and Daryl Morey is replaced with Isiah Thomas

Same

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

morestuff posted:

It is amazing that the two teams (Knicks and Lakers) that have the most money to go out and spend on a coach, hired arguably the two worst coaches in the NBA.

Also $12 million for Phil Jackson is awesome.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

roundmidnight posted:

Yeah it's definitely going to be the self-flagellation of Raptors/Wizards fans who want to win a series but also want their team to lose so they can fire their coach.

It'll be rough but think how much rougher it is to be a fan of one of these teams (spoiler: it sucks)
The awesome thing about this series is that one of the teams has to ultimately win, meaning that either Randy or Dwayne get a "playoff win" under their belts and maybe consequently get their firing delayed.
Mike D'Antoni is STILL available.

Wait I thought you were talking about a Raptors vs. Wizards playoff series. Can that happen?

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 7, 2015

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Byron Scott is Clint Eastwood

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
the only nba players i'd want to be in a foxhole with are nate robinson and barea because everyone else's head would poke right out and then you gotta get a seven foot corpse out of your foxhole somehow

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
On second thought I hope that Josh Smith is playoffs MVP and gets a huge contract, so that Detroit doesn't have to pay him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Byron Scott is Clint Eastwood

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Dejan Bimble posted:

On second thought I hope that Josh Smith is playoffs MVP and gets a huge contract, so that Detroit doesn't have to pay him

I feel like this is some sort of monkey paw'ish sort of wish.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

the only nba players i'd want to be in a foxhole with are nate robinson and barea because everyone else's head would poke right out and then you gotta get a seven foot corpse out of your foxhole somehow

that's so true. Free sandbags tho

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

quote:

"I got a sense of a whole lot of them I wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with," Scott said after Monday's practice. "I think they'd end up shooting me in the back."

That's interestingly different from what most people mean by "I don't want to share a foxhole with that guy."

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

lol

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
There was a stretch when I thought he was a decent coach in New Orleans. But that was just Chris Paul clowning fools.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 7, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

I hope Josh signs a 4 year deal with Houston for the minimum then grabs his dick in Detroit's general direction

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Nerlens Noel has played three more games as a Sixer than Jrue Holiday has as a Pelican. Yup. :suicide:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kibner posted:

Nerlens Noel has played three more games as a Sixer than Jrue Holiday has as a Pelican. Yup. :suicide:

Haha wow

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jalen Rose has been grinding my gears by dismissing Mike D'antoni's contributions to the NBA with statements about lots of coaches playing fast before him. As I think Dokmo said a few days ago, D'antoni's real innovation wasn't running, it was using drag screens on the break, which is now de rigeur NBA.

It's not a match up offense as was the case for most of NBA history, it's more like futbol or football with plays designed to get players into open space rather than matched up against a weaker defender.

If you want to attack D'antoni it should be for his inability to manage players, which seems to alienate conventional NBA stars at hyper speed.

I like you D'antoni, you can coach my expansion CBA team the Zug Island Hums

Optimus Subprime posted:

I feel like this is some sort of monkey paw'ish sort of wish.

My skull is going to grow a halo bulge of bone in a headband location as part of this curse. My friend Ta'wan will laff at me and so will Rul Rock.

Other news:
Some nice stuff about pace and movement within offenses from Adam Mares
http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/04/06/ball-movement-and-people-movement/

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 7, 2015

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's had much better shot selection and is shooting three pointers at about league average of .331 all of which MAKES ME MAD !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !

I :pray: pray that they lose in the first round and Daryl Morey is replaced with Isiah Thomas

You monster

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Kibner posted:

Geeeeeeez that has got to sting.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

rivetz posted:

Geeeeeeez that has got to sting.

He only missed four games due to injury as a Sixer, IIRC. So, he missed literally 20 times more games in two years as a Pelican than he did in four years in Philly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The awesome thing about this series is that one of the teams has to ultimately win, meaning that either Randy or Dwayne get a "playoff win" under their belts and maybe consequently get their firing delayed.
Mike D'Antoni is STILL available.

Wait I thought you were talking about a Raptors vs. Wizards playoff series. Can that happen?

Mike D'Antoni isn't available. He resigned and technically can't even be approached about coaching this year without the Lakers getting compensation. I think he might be a decent fit in Toronto actually, but he'd probably struggle with the Wizards. Seems Denver and him probably already have an agreement though.

Byron Scott was a move up from D'Antoni last year, although both guys aren't really to blame for their records. But despite all the completely idiotic media quotes, Scott at least bended his style a bit which D'Antoni never did, so it makes him a bit more tolerable. All in all D'Antoni's system's better but Scott's a better coach, if you want to compare and contrast these two bottom tier coaches.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm reposting that Russell Westbrook is a cool dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P2lft7dHxY

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
I guess i can be bad playoff poster, I am a die hard Cleveland fan, including browns and the tribe. In my defense i have been a cavs fan since Terrell Brandon and the last 4 years besides kyrie sucked.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Mike D'Antoni isn't available. He resigned and technically can't even be approached about coaching this year without the Lakers getting compensation. I think he might be a decent fit in Toronto actually, but he'd probably struggle with the Wizards. Seems Denver and him probably already have an agreement though.

Wall would be a really good fit for him, and Beal to a lesser extent. Otherwise eesh. That roster goes to poo poo in a real hurry.

But yeah Denver is the best place for him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jalen Rose has been grinding my gears by dismissing Mike D'antoni's contributions to the NBA with statements about lots of coaches playing fast before him. As I think Dokmo said a few days ago, D'antoni's real innovation wasn't running, it was using drag screens on the break, which is now de rigeur NBA.

It's not a match up offense as was the case for most of NBA history, it's more like futbol or football with plays designed to get players into open space rather than matched up against a weaker defender.

If you want to attack D'antoni it should be for his inability to manage players, which seems to alienate conventional NBA stars at hyper speed.

I like you D'antoni, you can coach my expansion CBA team the Zug Island Hums

My skull is going to grow a halo bulge of bone in a headband location as part of this curse. My friend Ta'wan will laff at me and so will Rul Rock.

Other news:

Jalen hates D'antoni because he wouldn't play him in Phoenix.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Lockback posted:

So where is the smart money on annoying playoff posters this year? My first thought was Cavs fans, but we're not far removed from the last Cavs contending team so I feel like it won't be the same thing.

I feel like I haven't seen many bad GSW fans. And I don't think there are enough people who care about the Hawks. Will the Clippers last long enough to get some bad Clipper's posters in here?

The Warriors have an especially bad one, and you'll know him when you see him.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The Warriors have an especially bad one, and you'll know him when you see him.

They're all bad imo :cheeky:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really want the Suns to get good again because Suns playoff posters were loving incredible.

I forget who it was but when the Suns were good nobody liked him and he kept making posts laughing every time a non-Suns NBA player was injured.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Are you sure? There are different colors...

Probably just mixing sludge sauce they have left over in some vats. No need to bother coloring it.

That reminds me. Has anyone tried that LeBron Sprite drink?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhe9m9Jmq0M

Rick posted:

I think we're going to get a lot of evidence that close basketball doesn't necessarily mean good basketball in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs this year.

Two things I'll be watching in the ECP this year:

1. Will LBJ reach the all-time playoff WS record?

code:
Player 			WS
Michael Jordan 		39.76
Tim Duncan 		36.27
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 	35.56
LeBron James 		33.84
2. Will Kyle Korver have the greatest 3P post-season ever?

code:
Player				Season	3P	3PA
Ray Allen			2000-01	57	119
Danny Green			2012-13	55	114
Jeff Hornacek			1995-96	34	58
Danny Green			2013-14	48	101
Jason Richardson		2009-10	48	101
Ray Allen			2010-11	32	56
Chauncey Billups		2008-09	44	94
Derek Fisher			2000-01	35	68
Tim Thomas			2005-06	48	108
Trevor Ariza			2008-09	40	84

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibner posted:

Relax. The Pelicans are going to get a great coach this offseason and Anthony Davis is going to become a better version of Tim Duncan and in 20 years we'll all be bitching about how sick of seeing the Pelicans and AD in the Finals we all are.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Other news:

That's useful because it shows how Pace doesn't correspond fully with how much players are actually moving around.
Spurs and Warriors seem to be near the top in all those speed categories.

Illinois Smith posted:

I'd choose to be in a foxhole with Jordan and Russell because they know how to win a war.

morestuff posted:

If you gave the Lakers guns it'd look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLopbgNVbAI

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmfao

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

D-League playoffs are on ESPN U

RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: okc plays the spurs today

V: spurs should sit everyone and give okc the win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

N: okc plays the spurs today

V: spurs should sit everyone and give okc the win

:agreed:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Zogo posted:

code:
Player				Season	3P	3PA

holy poo poo ray allen. Though if anyone's going to touch that over the next few years, it's probably Korver right now.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PantsFreeZone posted:

Relax. The Pelicans are going to get a great coach this offseason and Anthony Davis is going to become a better version of Tim Duncan and in 20 years we'll all be bitching about how sick of seeing the Pelicans and AD in the Finals we all are.

I'm actually not overly upset about where the team is right now. I like all the big minute players except for Tyreke. The team is still super young and is trending up.

The only real downers for me are the injuries, the home crowd, and the online fans. Surprisingly, a good proportion of the team's blogosphere is actually quality.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 2h2 hours ago
Bucks have signed Jorge Gutierrez to a multi-year contract. He previously played on two 10-day contracts with Milwaukee.

I liked that dude!

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibner posted:

I'm actually not overly upset about where the team is right now. I like all the big minute players except for Tyreke. The team is still super young and is trending up.

The only real downers for me are the injuries, the home crowd, and the online fans. Surprisingly, a good proportion of the team's blogosphere is actually quality.

They need to get rid of Jrue and hire the Suns training staff. Next year they'll make a medium to deep playoff run and then AD will take them to the summit.

They lose their pick this year right? I wonder if they could move Jrue and junk for a replacement 1st...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zogo posted:

code:
Player				Season	3P	3PA
Danny Green			2012-13	55	114
Jeff Hornacek			1995-96	34	58
Danny Green			2013-14	48	101
Jason Richardson		2009-10	48	101
Ray Allen			2010-11	32	56
Chauncey Billups		2008-09	44	94
Derek Fisher			2000-01	35	68
Tim Thomas			2005-06	48	108
Trevor Ariza			2008-09	40	84