Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

PantsFreeZone posted:

They need to get rid of Jrue and hire the Suns training staff. Next year they'll make a medium to deep playoff run and then AD will take them to the summit.

They lose their pick this year right? I wonder if they could move Jrue and junk for a replacement 1st...

They should be building for win now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

So where is the smart money on annoying playoff posters this year? My first thought was Cavs fans, but we're not far removed from the last Cavs contending team so I feel like it won't be the same thing.

Every additional Spurs poster that isn't me drops the discourse.

But really I think it's going to end up being golden state and the Clippers. Spurs are a dark horse.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Anthony Davis is so good. I just watched the last game on ballstreams. He's like the mega evolution of Kevin Durant.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

That would mean the Spurs would be fully rested for tomorrow.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

PantsFreeZone posted:

They need to get rid of Jrue and hire the Suns training staff. Next year they'll make a medium to deep playoff run and then AD will take them to the summit.

They lose their pick this year right? I wonder if they could move Jrue and junk for a replacement 1st...

Jrue is the second best player on the team. If they move anyone important, it will most likely be Anderson. They would move him to get rid of Gordon's contract, a 3 and D forward, or a late lottery pick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm going to playoff post in my own GDT where every post is a different hot take about Derrick Rose.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

They should be building for win now

No, they should build for compete now while keeping enough flexibility to make a win now move in the near future. Kind of like Houston, but already having your superstar. I don't think they have executed this plan as well as they should have.

Speaking of superstars, Davis needs to get out of his slump. He hasn't been as good as normal the last several games.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm going to playoff post in my own GDT where every post is a different hot take about Derrick Rose.

:allears:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibner posted:

Jrue is the second best player on the team. If they move anyone important, it will most likely be Anderson. They would move him to get rid of Gordon's contract, a 3 and D forward, or a late lottery pick.

See, I think Tyreke is better. Brow, Reke, Ryan Anderson, Asik is a good mix of skills. Get rid of Jrue and use the Eric Gordon expiring contract to get one more good wing guy like Demarre Carroll (oooh I like that) and sign a veteran bench scorer. Paul Millsap would also be great on that squad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
The only things Tyreke does better than Jrue is drive and rebound. Holiday is a better shooter, finisher, passer, defender, and less prone to dumb decision making. They are also on very similar contracts, iirc.

Belome
Jan 1, 2013

Zogo posted:

Two things I'll be watching in the ECP this year:

1. Will LBJ reach the all-time playoff WS record?

code:
Player 			WS
Michael Jordan 		39.76
Tim Duncan 		36.27
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 	35.56
LeBron James 		33.84

He would have to set the single season playoff WS record to do that so probably not. He doesn't even have 10 WS yet this season (tied with Kyrie at 9.97).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/the-ball-tells-the-truth-an-interview-with-chip-engelland

I like this old Chip Engelland interview

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kibner posted:

The only things Tyreke does better than Jrue is drive and rebound. Holiday is a better shooter, finisher, passer, defender, and less prone to dumb decision making. They are also on very similar contracts, iirc.

I thought Tyreke was gonna be so good watching him play for the Kings as a rookie. Then he never got better.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

I would post in your GDT and celebrate the tenacity of the rose that grew from the concrete :allears:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I thought Tyreke was gonna be so good watching him play for the Kings as a rookie. Then he never got better.

People realized he couldn't shoot, so it became much harder for him to drive.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Gonna bookmark that thread.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Every offseason on the Kings he would claim that he fixed his jumper, but it always turned out that he just trained with his buddies who had never seen a jumper before, and the cellphone videos of him practicing would come out, with the jumper busted in new ways.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

Tribune op ed section beat you to it

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

PantsFreeZone posted:

See, I think Tyreke is better. Brow, Reke, Ryan Anderson, Asik is a good mix of skills. Get rid of Jrue and use the Eric Gordon expiring contract to get one more good wing guy like Demarre Carroll (oooh I like that) and sign a veteran bench scorer. Paul Millsap would also be great on that squad.

Paul Millsap would be great on any squad. Specifically, on the Raptors

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
To be fair to Evans, his spot up jumper is respectable now. His chance of converting a wide open jump shot off the dribble is less than him making a layup driving on Gobert.

I didn't get to watch any of this latest game, but :toot:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Dubs lost but Curry is now only 5 3PMs from the record with 4 games to go, so that's awesome.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: Okc at the moment is not in the playoffs

V: gently caress it don't make the playoffs and let some magical bullshit happen where they get a top 5 pick

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I love it when beat reporters go after each other

@Jim_Eichenhofer: @FletcherMackel The good news is you still have time for a third "season over" of this season. Your first two didn't quite stick

:allears:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Milwaukee has some ridiculous, unrealistic stadium plans

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Twitter is the best drat thing:

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 16m16 minutes ago
Dion Waiters on the playoff race: "We control our own destiny, they control their own destiny."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

Twitter is the best drat thing:

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 16m16 minutes ago
Dion Waiters on the playoff race: "We control our own destiny, they control their own destiny."

well you see if okc magically wins all their games than they will likely make the playoffs so by technicality he is right

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

N: Okc at the moment is not in the playoffs

V: gently caress it don't make the playoffs and let some magical bullshit happen where they get a top 5 pick

This season got really loving depressing over the past week and a half. Lets all hope Russ doesn't kill himself for nothing over the next week.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Scottie Pippen was on Fresh Off the Boat tonight. Here is one of the scenes he was in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8Uriak-wY

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
N: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/7/8368153/anthony-davis-new-orelans-pelicans-golden-state-warriors-video

V: That is rude as heck warriors come on man

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Geriatric Pirate posted:

What order are those supposed to be in?

It's the descending order of 3 * 3P - 3PA

Here are the worst 3P playoff seasons:

code:
3 * 3P - 3PA	Player		Season	3P	3PA
-39		Jason Kidd	2001-02	17	90
-29		Toni Kukoc	1995-96	13	68
-29		Lindsey Hunter	2000-01	8	53
-28		Michael Jordan	1996-97	13	67
-26		Derrick Rose	2010-11	25	101
-25		Kobe Bryant	2003-04	24	97
-25		Scottie Pippen	1997-98	18	79
-24		Clyde Drexler	1991-92	19	81
-24		Louis Williams	2011-12	8	48
-23		Gilbert Arenas	2004-05	18	77

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paid for by the money taken from education

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Paid for by the money taken from education

I do a lot of business in Wisconsin and with people from there and trust me, that's no big loss.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

code:
Lindsay Hunter was the back up pg for the bucks in 2000-01, that was the Cassell, Allen, Big Dog ecf team. If you look at his career 3p% it just dives and never recovers after that year. I don't know if he was injured or what.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

PantsFreeZone posted:

I do a lot of business in Wisconsin and with people from there and trust me, that's no big loss.

hohohoho

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Zogo posted:

code:

Playoff Lou....oh nooooo. oh nooooooo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
In Draymond is cool news, he and a Pels superfan (also, professional comedian) behind the visitor's bench had some friendly pregame banter that ended with a postgame handshake: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2015/04/08/my-night-behind-the-bench-pelicans-vs-warriors/

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

In Draymond is cool news, he and a Pels superfan (also, professional comedian) behind the visitor's bench had some friendly pregame banter that ended with a postgame handshake: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2015/04/08/my-night-behind-the-bench-pelicans-vs-warriors/

This is pretty cool.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

alansmithee posted:

People realized he couldn't shoot, so it became much harder for him to drive.

They knew this his rookie year too, he never seemed to ever attack the rim the same since his rookie year

The jumper thing frustrating because he would do all the talk about improving and spend the summer working on it but never actually took the steps he needed to. He spent one year talking a bunch about working with Shot Doc but ultimately never did because their schedules never lined up or some BS like that. I don't really know what Tyreke's schedule is like from April through September but I'm pretty sure it's not that busy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Didn't stop it from getting him an 11 million annual contract, at least. Goddamnit, Pelicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Was the OKC blowout as sad and boring as it seemed it might be?

• Locked thread