Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really want the Suns to get good again because Suns playoff posters were loving incredible.

It's me, I'm the annoying Suns poster! Except I'm annoying all season long, not just in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Was the OKC blowout as sad and boring as it seemed it might be?

This is the look of a man who wanted to be a doctor and was told he would have to settle for being a multi millionaire super athlete.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The only posts that bother me are whines about refs

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Refs suck.

Also, it looks like the players will be voting on awards sometime soon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/04/08/players-choice-awards-nbpa-michele-roberts/25449403/

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Two Tone Shoes posted:

This is the look of a man who wanted to be a doctor and was told he would have to settle for being a multi millionaire super athlete.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can't wait for Leonard's heel turn and acceptance of the Lakers' max contract.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Rick posted:

I don't know, he seems to like being on a good team with a real coach.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The awesome thing about this series is that one of the teams has to ultimately win, meaning that either Randy or Dwayne get a "playoff win" under their belts and maybe consequently get their firing delayed.
Mike D'Antoni is STILL available.

Wait I thought you were talking about a Raptors vs. Wizards playoff series. Can that happen?

Pringles can't get a job because his PHX teams were middle of the pack defensively but that was before people understood pace. Fans did not think about some games involving more shots than other games. So, Suns opponents scored lots of points and that's bad and basically his strategy has been reduced to a brand-- THE D'ANTONI SYSTEM-- as if a man who pushed for deconstructionist, position-fluid play was somehow also unwaveringly rigid and incapable of adapting to different teams.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Rick posted:

I hope he gets a fancy new haircut like Hollywood Steve Nash did.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hope Klay has another big game before the playoffs start, his shooting numbers have gone way down since that crazy January he had.

The Locator posted:

It's me, I'm the annoying Suns poster! Except I'm annoying all season long, not just in the playoffs.
He's talking about hunter and that other guy whose name I can't remember who both went batshit insane during the last Suns run with Nash where they made the WCF.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

They knew this his rookie year too, he never seemed to ever attack the rim the same since his rookie year

The jumper thing frustrating because he would do all the talk about improving and spend the summer working on it but never actually took the steps he needed to. He spent one year talking a bunch about working with Shot Doc but ultimately never did because their schedules never lined up or some BS like that. I don't really know what Tyreke's schedule is like from April through September but I'm pretty sure it's not that busy

I can't find a link anywhere, but iirc he spent this past summer working with the Pels' shot coach. His spot up improved to the point I am ok with him taking stationary catch and shoot shots, but it is still as awful as ever when he is on the road. The dumb fade away is gone from those set shots, thankfully, and is probably why they go in now.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

#freecope stabbed in a nightclub, thabo and pero arrested at the crime scene...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/8/8368887/chris-copeland-stabbed-hawks-arrested-pero-antic-thabo-sefolosha

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

uhhh what

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Well, then. That certainly is a thing I didn't expect to see this morning.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

thabo and pero were just obstructing justice, but i preferred to write it that way so as to leave open the possibility that thabo and pero are an nba hit squad

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
Didn't think the Hawks would be so scared of the Pacers making the playoffs.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bucks arena looks generic in the one pic shown but I don't care. Giannis in Seattle would have been devastating.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Illinois Smith posted:

I hope Klay has another big game before the playoffs start, his shooting numbers have gone way down since that crazy January he had.

He's talking about hunter and that other guy whose name I can't remember who both went batshit insane during the last Suns run with Nash where they made the WCF.

Those were good times. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of the other guy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

wtf?

quote:

A suspect in the stabbings was arrested, according to the Daily News. There's no word yet on whether Antic and Sefolosha remain in custody. The report cited anonymous sources who said the Hawks refused to move when cops were attempting to set up a crime scene. The Post reported that Sefolosha was charged with obstruction, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct and that Antic was charged with obstruction, disorderly conduct and menacing.

Pero Antic charged with menacing

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blinkman987 posted:

Pringles can't get a job because his PHX teams were middle of the pack defensively but that was before people understood pace. Fans did not think about some games involving more shots than other games. So, Suns opponents scored lots of points and that's bad and basically his strategy has been reduced to a brand-- THE D'ANTONI SYSTEM-- as if a man who pushed for deconstructionist, position-fluid play was somehow also unwaveringly rigid and incapable of adapting to different teams.

He seemed pretty unwaveringly rigid and incapable of adapting to the non-Suns teams he coached.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Jonathan Abrams much ballyhooed Draymond Green piece finally came out

http://grantland.com/features/nba-golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-michigan-state-spartans/

the first half is good

but this is incredibly cliched and soft lol

quote:

Green believes he can serve as an example for anyone, that any obstacle can be overcome, that any doubter can be proved wrong.

He is undersize.

“My heart is bigger than most guys who have size over me.”

He can’t shoot.

“But I’ll knock them down whenever you need me to.”

He is a second-rounder, not long for the NBA.

“I’ll continue to prove them wrong over and over again.”

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lockback posted:

wtf?

Pero Antic charged with menacing

3 second violation

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I just listened to Simmons talking to Marc Stein about soccer. Simmons says that Messi is like Bird, Magic, and Nash combined, and then he entered an opium dream-like state and fantasized about what kind of player Kyrie would have been if he'd played soccer from a young age. He did this for several other players while Stein listened patiently. It was prime Bill Simmons.

straight up brolic posted:

#freecope stabbed in a nightclub, thabo and pero arrested at the crime scene...

Well that was unexpected. Hope Copeland is all right.

but this is incredibly cliched and soft lol

lol this is mephitic

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Looks like Cope broke his left elbow in the attack, it required surgery to fix.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2015/4/8/8369731/report-chris-copeland-broke-elbow-in-stabbing-incident

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
That's hosed up

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Indy AM radio callers blaming Miami mafia connections for the Cope stabbing, trying to keep the Pacers from overtaking the Heat.

Riley :argh:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the real victim here is the 1 OAK nightclub

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Also this happened: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2015/04/08/suns-morris-twins-accused-assault/25446277/

quote:

Phoenix police say Marcus and Markieff Morris put those words into action when they and three others committed felony aggravated assault against a man the 25-year-old twins learned had sent "inappropriate" text messages to their mother.

What the hell happened in the NBA last night?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this is about the january report tho

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

this is about the january report tho

Ah, didn't get that part :doh: Still, pretty messed up overall.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
In happier news, Derrick Rose is supposed to play tonight vs. Orlando. He'll be on a 20 minutes restriction and also able to play in the b2b tomorrow against the Heat, barring a setback.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

The only posts that bother me are whines about refs

Seriously considering having more "no ref complaints allowed" threads this year, that was actually really nice.

Although banning Bashez and only Bashez from talking about them and then watching him slowly go insane before exploding was pretty fun.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

pylb posted:

In happier news, Derrick Rose is supposed to play tonight vs. Orlando. He'll be on a 20 minutes restriction and also able to play in the b2b tomorrow against the Heat, barring a setback.

barring a roseback

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

pylb posted:

minutes restriction
https://vine.co/v/Mm6DKmArXxq

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pylb posted:

Is this happy news? Watching him play basketball is like watching a dude run across a minefield at this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is this happy news? Watching him play basketball is like watching a dude run across a minefield at this point.

I agree with this. Watching him make a big play or even just jumping to a medium height gives me anxiety for his health.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

They're only 50m short right now, without the State funding from what I heard on the news last night. That's completely different than what this article shows. One thing they didn't mention here, but had on the TV news was the owner of the Brewers said he would help if asked. He mentioned no one has come to him because he believes they have enough avenues to fund this insane arena. But - he said if someone came to him he's got deep pockets. The guy owns a firm that handles 16b in assets, I guess.

Really don't want to lose my Bucks, so it's looking pretty good with a bunch of Scrooge McDucks willing to let people dip into their swimming pools.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How are these dudes having a wild prty when they have to play today

quote:

Sefolosha, 30, and Antić, 32, refused to move when police tried to set up a crime scene, the sources said.

They are lucky the cops werent Joey Crawford

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 8, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

illcendiary posted:

Those were good times. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of the other guy.
Anyone with archives in here nice enough to put up some of hunter's greatest hits? All I clearly remember is an amazing series preview where he determined that the 2010 Suns had a clear advantage over the Kobe / Pau / Bynum / Odom Lakers at every position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Bucks arena is really 500 million. The rest is phase 2 mixed use stuff. More pics out and the beer garden looks incredible. Arena looks much better at ground level, really nice.

• Locked thread