Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

N: Okc at the moment is not in the playoffs

V: gently caress it don't make the playoffs and let some magical bullshit happen where they get a top 5 pick

This season got really loving depressing over the past week and a half. Lets all hope Russ doesn't kill himself for nothing over the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

IcePhoenix posted:

No you see we're not the worst because the Lynx won two titles :downs:

I did laugh pretty hard when I was in the Target Center over the weekend and there was a bunch of Lynx banners and one Wolves banner.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Here is a pretty cool article on Westbrooks season: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/russ-and-diamonds-westbrook-isnt-the-mvp-and-thats-perfectly-ok/

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm happy they fired Brooks but kind of weird when they appeared to want Ollie and he said no this morning.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
@royceyoung Two names to watch: Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Terry Glenn posted:

I still don't think Brooks is a bad coach overall. He obviously has some serious flaws that have been detailed here and in the media for the past 7 years. I think he would be a good fit on a team with young players that need to learn how to play defense. I don't think Presti will hire a retread, which should make next year even more exciting. Durant and Russ have previously said they have no interaction with management on these decisions, but I suspect they both signed off on this and will probably okay the new hire too.

also, Whoa.

Some insider tweeted Presti made the decision without consulting with any of the players. This makes me nervous.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Terry Glenn posted:

Who? The closest thing to a Thunder insider is probably Royce Young, and he's blindsided plenty.

Found the tweet:

Sam Amick @sam_amick · 42m 42 minutes ago
OKC GM Sam Presti made call of firing Scott Brooks w/out consulting his players, & it was about the long view more than it was last season

Not sure how reliable he is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Despite public statement, UConn's Kevin Ollie has significant interest in OKC coaching job, sources tell Yahoo. He's a top choice for Presti

:getin:

• Locked thread