Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

The NBA is cool and good.

Correct

The West is cool, the 1 and 7 seeds are pretty much set and only 2 games in the loss column separate 2 from 6. This week is going to be awesome

Rockets have a pretty rough finish to the season. Spurs, Spurs, Pelicans, Hornets, Jazz. Hopefully they won't drop to 6. At least they get the Spurs on a back to back for that first game

e: If the Rox win out they tie their franchise best record, though I don't consider that particularly likely. Still, crazy considering all the injuries they had this season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

Josh Smith is a good passer and has cool blocks or dunks sometimes.

Josh's lobs to Dwight were a beautiful thing on Sunday

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's had much better shot selection and is shooting three pointers at about league average of .331 all of which MAKES ME MAD !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !

I :pray: pray that they lose in the first round and Daryl Morey is replaced with Isiah Thomas

t:mad: x 100000000

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

On second thought I hope that Josh Smith is playoffs MVP and gets a huge contract, so that Detroit doesn't have to pay him

I hope Josh signs a 4 year deal with Houston for the minimum then grabs his dick in Detroit's general direction

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

N: okc plays the spurs today

V: spurs should sit everyone and give okc the win

:agreed:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hitze posted:

DMO out for the season with a back injury :rip:

This season in a nutshell for the Rockets

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Harden has more free throws made than shots made......

gently caress him

Harden owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't read this graph without little penis tips at the end of each bar

pylb posted:

The Bulls' starters really haven't played that many games together.

The Rockets starters have only played 2 games together all season but some posters will happily inform you that this hasn't negatively affected them at all and they're just bad and overrated

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lockback posted:

Jesus

Curry 3pt Shot Chart

Maybe some time spend with Bosh could boost that 0/7

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

Zach Lowe has posted the first part of his awards ballot column:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-awards-ballot-part-1-in-praise-of-the-individual/

He voted for Curry. Praise the Lord.

I always knew Zach Lowe was a jerk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DMo is going to bring dominant post scoring back to the NBA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There was nothing as much fun as seeing Hakeem make everyone look like helpless children in the low post

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

People really need to come to grips with the mid-90s being a long rear end time ago.

Just because you're too young to remember greatness :colbert:

Also it was the last time my team was in any way dominant :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ramadu posted:

I like the antler basketball am I a bad person? :ohdear:

You are not because the antler basketball owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm still not convinced that show got past the concept art stage, I refuse to believe it's real until I see it in the wild for myself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I love the hell out of that Christmas sweater Buck mascot

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The important thing to remember is that deer are long limbed and gangly, sometimes uncoordinated, able to take long strides and dunk after picking up their dribbles at the arc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: I'm dumb, looked at the graph axis but it's really just a 10 year span

That graph is a little off though. It counts when the Wild came to Minneapolis as them being a 4 sport city, but doesn't count when the North Stars were there, during which time the Twins won two titles

e2: Ok one title since the Timberwolves started in 1989

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 14, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

It comes up sproadically depending on where the conversation goes and there isn't really any way to force it. Having a thread just to have it would be silly.

Seems like it would devolve into list posting to me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pro click and not just for the poo poo talk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Let's go Pels

That is all for now

spacejung posted:

Now that everyone's finished processing my greatness, check out this graphic made for (what I guess is the NBATV of Japan) by Mizuho Nishio (the same guy that draws anime Utah Jazz players occasionally):

Well, except for this too. I imagine MV is having an internal crisis right now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

McHale, like most coaches, is good when you give him good players. I lost a lot of faith in him when the Spurs were hacking Josh Smith for 10 straight minutes and he didn't get him out of the game though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Every single member of the SW division made the playoffs

Bashez posted:

Done.

Spurs beat the Rockets by 8* pythag wins and didn't win the division. I suppose Rockets fans would rather be lucky than good but god dammit that's a huge spread.

*subject to going to 6, will probably end at 7.

Look at this dumb nerd poo poo right here :clint:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 16, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want the Rockets to crush the Mavs so bad they fold and Parsons retires out of shame. Not too much to ask

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

LeBron never dunked over a city

He symbolically dunked over Cleveland when he left

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Christie posted:

So everyone who is not an actual Rockets fan is rooting for Dallas, right?

Dirk owns. Rick Carlisle owns. Mark Cuban owns.

But not as much as seeing Dwight Howard lose owns.

Yeah people don't want to have to face the Rockets :twisted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Get rid of all PED testing IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lewis Skolnick posted:

All you poo poo cunts that bitch about Harden can gently caress right off. Bunch of fucken deadshits. Rockets are boss, all of them. Even Dwight. Get hosed.

don't steal anne frank fanfic's gimmick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lockback posted:

Oral history of Airplane! (which is awesome) but I liked this quote a lot
http://www.avclub.com/article/surely-you-cant-be-serious-oral-history-airplane-218043

That owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Those are hideous IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

same

Anyway, Cuban:

Ok then, yeah, gently caress Mark Cuban. I hope the Rockets sweep them with a 15+ average MOV

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Not even close. Houston's owner is probably worse.

Agreed. If you need to know why, look at the Mavs before Cuban bought them.

If anyone was wondering, Parsons was able to do some 1 on 1 work today but is still listed as questionable. Devin Harris was downgraded to questionable today.

Dwight on Parsons “He's the enemy.”
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25151376/dwight-howard-calls-chandler-parsons-the-enemy

At least Rockets fans get to learn Jason Terry is cool this year. I'll probably think differently once the series starts.

JET is cool with me until the moment the season ends, then even if he drills a game 7 buzzer beater three to win the title by a point I will still hate him again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

when TNT is not showing basketball it is playing a Fast and Furious movie at literally all hours of the day.

So no more Shawshank Redemption marathons?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want Parsons to play and be terrible like he was against the Blazers last year

Mavs fans are just going to use these injuries as an excuse instead of admitting their team isn't as good as they think
:goonsay:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pylb posted:

Bulls have decided that giving away tshirts is passé

Those are some pretty fancy toilet seat covers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

More like twice the nagging am I right fellas *holds hand up awkwardly for high fives, waits a few seconds, then sadly puts it down again*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RCarr posted:

Is this not true, or do you just not like me? There was a LOT of space between them.

I think what he's saying is that even if that is the letter of the rule, players do that poo poo all the time and get calls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Which is a shame because they have some p good players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tae posted:

Uh...why is Anthony Davis forcing a switch to guard Curry? Was that actually the best defense they can do?

I guess he was getting his dick out and it owns

• Locked thread