Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

the most appealing feature in that league pass suite is condensed games

you have to change the server or improve your internet because i've had no problems at all.

I tried lots of different servers and massively upgraded my internet speed and Ballstreams was still tremendously unwatchable most of the season for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

quote:

It's May 2011, and Boston is trailing Miami two games to none during its second-round playoff series. On the best of days, Celtics coach Doc Rivers rides Rajon Rondo hard, pushing his stubborn point guard as only a former stubborn point guard can. But this day is different. Doc is more relentless, Rondo more seething. "He was just pushing and he was just pushing and he was just pushing," Garnett recalls. Rondo glances across the room at Shaquille O'Neal and Jermaine O'Neal. "They saw me bubbling," Rondo remembers. "They were trying to calm me down. It was too late."

Without warning, Rondo snatches his water bottle and hurls it, full force, at the television monitor, the one airing the game footage that's being used to critique him. The 50-inch flat-screen, mounted on a cart in the center of the room, shatters. "When he blew the TV up, it was about to go in another direction -- like, the whole thing," Garnett says, his voice rising. Rivers, fed up, gives Garnett an order: "I want Rondo out." Garnett obliges. "He kicked the door off the hinges," Garnett says. "I'll never forget: I had to pick him up and carry him out because it was going like that, and the locker room was suuuper tense. Just super tense." As he's hauling the 6-foot-1, 186-pound point guard, the 6-11 Garnett barks, "Get outside, man, poo poo," physically carrying Rondo outside the room, then the building. Rondo fumes. "He was just so loving hot," Garnett says, reliving the moment. "He was hot, yo. When I say he was hot, he was hot."

:stare:

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

EvanTH posted:

If only a caring coach had taught me hard discipline at a young age :(

I stopped playing after sixth grade because our coach was clearly trying to get his son to the NBA. The only offense we ever practiced was everyone getting the ball to him. I don't know why that kid was even on our team, he was bad and didn't even go to our school. It destroyed my childlike love of the game for years :smith:

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Isaiah Thomas scored 34 points off the bench in a win over the Celtics. Boston now has a one game lead over Miami for the eighth seed.

I forgot to mention that I wasn't allowed to shoot or handle the ball despite being a six foot tall twelve year old who could score like crazy on all those tiny kids. God, gently caress that guy.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

EvanTH posted:

I dunno I'm seeing the Chicago Bulls are the 5th most winning franchise (by Win/Loss%) since 1955 overall, 5th most by the same metric during the 3p era, 10th out of 27th from '55 to '91

edit: also the Celtics and the Lakers are pretty bad historical franchises. I think you'll find that if you ignore all those seasons where they won titles, they haven't won a single title.

That's probably skewed by the gaudy W/L records of the 90s teams. Their last title was seventeen years ago, I think it's officially okay for Bulls fans to be able to be disappointed over their team not being a real contender. By that same logic, it's really petty when those same fans complain about how bad the Bulls were in like the 70s. Really angsty fans who act like nothing ever good has or ever will happen to the Bulls are also fair game, you big crybabies!

e: I didn't see your edit while I was replying, but my serious post to your joke post still stands.

Inside Outside fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 9, 2015

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Parlett316 posted:

We used to have celtics fans here. They all moves over the TFF

Not me, I am an excellent Celtics fan.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I was hanging out with this dude awhile back who is Rondo's second cousin or something. He told me he's only met Rondo once, at a Nike event he was working a few years ago, and mentioned that they were distant relatives. Rondo's reaction was to get really mad, call him a liar, and tell him he couldn't have any money. Rondo is a hilarious weirdo and I love him.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Quick question: what's the go-to site for advanced stats?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

What was the MLB deal(s?) that were broken by a guy online named assman? And why does my phone think assman is a proper noun?

Rick posted:

The only reason I don't discount them completely is that sometimes there's a "Dwight Howard told me he's joining the Lakers, the deal's done, they're waiting because the league wants them to, and took a picture with me wearing a Lakers hat in June, here's the picture" story that turns out to be right even when the media is reporting turmoil and doubt in the trade process. Since then I've decided to at least keep an eye on the tangential stuff, even if it's wrong 99% of the time. It's probably not true that Anta already has sweatshops stitching Rondo's Lakers merch already. But it's kind of a fun story to read.

The KG to Boston trade was broken by a guy in the RealGM forums days before the national media started picking up on it. He was friends with Al Jefferson or something.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I'm going to be in Boston in a few weeks and I'm really hoping they make the playoffs and that everything lines up so I can go to a game. Dan Dickau was the starting point guard the last time I went to a Celtics home game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Evan Turner can be really frustrating to watch. He's clearly very talented and has generally played well for the Celtics this season, but he has a bunch of possessions every game where his eyes glaze over and he's the only guy who touches the ball for some reason. He'll make all kinds of stupid turnovers and force up terrible shots, then you'll look at the box score after the game and see he had a triple double.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What are peoples' thoughts on Evan Turner this offseason? I think he has done a solid job on the Celtics and would not be upset if he resigned with them but he might be worth the MLE to a contending team.

He signed a two year deal with Boston. Is the second year a player option or something?

Inside Outside fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 12, 2015

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

I still don't understand why Stan Van Gundy traded Jonas Jerebko for Tayshaun Prince

Me either but I'm glad he did! Jonas is a really fun player to watch and I hope the Celtics bring him back next year.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

News: With Brooklyn losing tonight, the Celtics are officially in the playoffs.

Views: yessssssssss

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

euphronius posted:

They got rid of Rondo

Pretty much this, plus the acquisition of Isaiah Thomas and Brandon Bass taking over Sullinger's minutes.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I would probably delete my twitter if Kobe owned me that hard.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I got a notification from the NBA Gametime app that says Paul George was carried off the court after an apparent leg injury but I can't find any mention of it online?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Sore left calf muscle. Nothing in the leg that he broke last year.

That seems like a very misleading thing to send me an alert about, NBA!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The fact that the NBA straight up wouldn't allow the Pelicans to use black primary jerseys makes me think this is an early design that won't ever be worn in a game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hawks didn't look nearly as dominant as I thought they would against an awful Nets team but I'm willing to chalk it up to the starting five not seeing extended time for three weeks.

A playoff win is a playoff win assuming the Hawks can finish these last 25 seconds

Don't forget that the eighth seed Hawks pushed the eventual champion Celtics to seven games in 2008. No need for alarm just yet.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

So Buds wins COY and Kerr is second.

Brad Stevens was fourth with two first place votes. I don't know who came in third.

E: it was Jason Kidd

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I think it's finally time for a new avatar.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

MourningView posted:

I still think Crowder is pretty whatever. Like he's fine but he's not anything more than a generic end of the bench dude without a real position. Doesn't seem like a big coup.

Brad Stevens has gotten a lot of value out of him, but yeah, he's not much more than a minor role player. More basketball players need huge dreads though, it's unfair that all the pro athletes with huge dreads have them hidden beneath helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

xbilkis posted:

Mark Jackson also refused to take the "traditional" path to becoming a head coach by working as an assistant first (or coaching at any level at all), which maybe isn't that strange now but at the time was much more atypical.

"I say this as humbly as I can, but I was a leader at birth and I've been one everywhere I've been." — Mark Jackson

Don't forget the story that Golden State's scouting department gave up and stopped putting game film onto Mark Jackson's computer because he literally would not watch it.

• Locked thread