Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Comedy option: They're both gay couples and I'm a bigoted jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, past the deadline, so I'll go ahead and gather things up. Lots of picutres so I'm only going to pull 2 from each, be sure to click the quote link to see the whole post.

Silly Challenge

YF19pilot posted:

My entry for the Silly challenge.

When GoogleMaps works, it works well. Otherwise, it just goes full retard when it doesn't, which means I have to use Bing Maps to present you with my route:
http://binged.it/1Gpwq8q

The real reason why I will win this round. :getin:

hot sauce posted:

Favorite local riding spot for the silly challenge:

The majority of good "local" roads for me are at least an hour outside of the city. My favorite spot within the city limits is what's known by DC goon riders as "the track".

In 2002, a race track was built around the parking lot of our soccer stadium to be used for a Le Mans race. Local residents complained so much about the noise that it was canceled after that one race. The track is still there in great condition. At most you'll see gravel in a few corners. Here is the wiki entry about it and the track layout.

Ephphatha posted:

For the silly challenge (I can enter my own challenge right?) here's one of my favourite loops:

While pretty much the whole route is nice and twisty there's a couple of standout sections that I look forward to.

nsaP posted:

Welp for this one I could have gone to the good riding roads, but my favorite road is out of commission. Instead of resurfacing it they've just been patching it real shittily, finally got tired of the locals calling about the bikes I guess.

So I rode around a few places around the city. My rides these days are either backroad fun time or city cruising, so here's some shots of the city cruising.

Downtown and the Big Mac Bridge over to Kentucky

So, entrants for Silly Challenge are myself YF19pilot (Taiwan), Chichevache (SoCal/Mount Baldy), hot sauce (Washington DC), Ephphatha (Australia), nasP (Cincinnati)

Now onto the Super Challenge

Chichevache posted:

What did I do to my ride today?!?!?:psyboom:

Koruthaiolos posted:

This happened today... 5 hours away from home:

nsaP posted:

And for this...
I present to you:
In Kentucky...
Not one sportbike...
NOT ONE...
But Two!

:vince: :chloe: :buttfame: :grin: :thurman: :snoop: :quagmire: :laugh: :yosbutt: :ughh: :staredog: :cmon:
Two sportbikes with 4 dudes riding nuts to butts. Coming from the place they all stand around their bikes and chat, so they rolled up like this. Bros.......

So, Super Challenge entrants; Chichevache, Koruthaiolos, and nasP

Voting is open for the next 24 hours (or so)!

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 27, 2015

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I think you might've got things a bit mixed up there. hot sauce is from Washington. I'm from Australia but figured I'd be excluded for picking the theme anyway.

As for my votes:

hot sauce for the Silly challenge, cause a local racetrack that doesn't see traffic and doesn't perpetually have a cop with a radar gun camped at the end of the main straight sounds like a dream.

Kuru for the Super challenge. FOD sucks. Changing tyres sucks. gently caress doing it roadside.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

My votes go to hot sauce for silly and nsaP for super (although in my opinion nuts to butts is more hell yeah than oh poo poo).

Koruthaiolos fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 27, 2015

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

YF19pilot posted:

Okay, past the deadline, so I'll go ahead and gather things up. Lots of picutres so I'm only going to pull 2 from each, be sure to click the quote link to see the whole post.

Silly Challenge

So, entrants for Silly Challenge are myself YF19pilot (Taiwan), Chichevache (SoCal/Mount Baldy), hot sauce (Australia), nasP (Cincinnati)

Now onto the Super Challenge

So, Super Challenge entrants; Chichevache, Koruthaiolos, and nasP

Voting is open for the next 24 hours (or so)!

You misattributed Australia to hotsauce. Ephphatha did Australia, Hotsauce did DC.

Silly: Ephphatha

Super: nsaP

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yep, I'm in the US in Washington DC, not Australia.

For the silly challenge I vote for Ephphatha. All of the entries were great this time, though. I like that everyone had multiple pictures and some kind of anecdote to go along with their entry.

For the super challenge I vote for Koruthaiolos, because this is what would make me also say "oh poo poo" in the middle of nowhere. nsaP almost had my vote just because I would not have expected to see that in Kentucky.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 27, 2015

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Ephphatha for silly because I want to ride that the most, but hot sauce is awfully close.

chichevache for super because oh poo poo is how I would feel if someone who rode that bike looked at me or tried to talk to me or man you really just need to fix that.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ephphatha posted:

I think you might've got things a bit mixed up there. hot sauce is from Washington. I'm from Australia but figured I'd be excluded for picking the theme anyway.

Aw gently caress, sorry about that. Wasn't intentional, honestly thought I had put you in, as your pictures were my favorite so far. Entry is always open, I just think you're not allowed to vote for yourself.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

builds character posted:

Ephphatha for silly because I want to ride that the most, but hot sauce is awfully close.

chichevache for super because oh poo poo is how I would feel if someone who rode that bike looked at me or tried to talk to me or man you really just need to fix that.

Keep in mind, I also wear an Icon Sensory helmet. Children love it!

Silly:YF19pilot
Basically any time s/he posts Taiwanese stuff I'm voting for it. Being able to ride by pagodas seems so fun. And now that I'm back in San Jose I can do the same thing!

Super:Koruthaiolos

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Silly: Hotsauce
Super: Koruthaiolos

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, polls closed. Out of 7 votes, these are the results:

Silly
hot sauce 3
Ephphatha 3
YF19pilot 1

With the tie, I will use my arbitration powers to select the winner. While I really love Ephphatha's pictures, in the interest of diversity and keeping things interesting, I'll give the win to hot sauce!

Super
Koruthaiolos 4
nsaP 2
chichevache 1

And here, a clear winner emerges with Koruthailos taking the win!

Congrats to the both of you! Remember you have 48 hours to post your challenge. If one is not posted by this time Thursday, I will select a past challenge from either this or the photo challenge thread.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Super Challenge:

I'm reaching back to a challenge I had for the regular riding game that I think would be good with multiple entries. :siren::siren:Your bike with a dong!:siren::siren:

Take this anyway you want. Even though it's super I think everybody here has the capability of doing this, one way or another. Take it however you want, and remember, historical dongs are allowed since this is super.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Silly Challenge:

This one should be simple and get a lot of entries. :burger:Your bike in front of your most unhealthy local dining establishment:burger: It can be something your city is known for or just a greasy burger joint. Bonus points if you buy a meal there.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Did you just ask CA to post pictures of their dicks flopped out on their bike?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I guess taking a picture of my local McD is a bit low effort.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

McD's doesn't really fit either local or unhealthiest criteria - it's a chain, and poo poo like Olive Garden's Tour of Italy makes Big Macs look amateur.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I was hoping people would stay away from chain fast food joints and get some cool stories about local drunk food spots.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Shame im not a dc local because I could take a dick pic on my bike and call it hnasty's favorite diner

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:eyepop:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It was a joke. I'm actually a bit hard pressed to come up with a really unhealthy place here. I blame public education for actually encouraging people not to stuff just any sugar and grease in their faces.

EX250 Type R posted:

Shame im not a dc local because I could take a dick pic on my bike and call it hnasty's favorite diner
:vince:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

It was a joke. I'm actually a bit hard pressed to come up with a really unhealthy place here. I blame public education for actually encouraging people not to stuff just any sugar and grease in their faces.

Where are you from?

edit: stockholm?

Try this on for size.

Fried herring, mashed potatos, creme fraiche salad (I don't even know what that is, but as an American I respect anything that looks like that and pretends to be a salad).

builds character fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 28, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

EX250 Type R posted:

:boom:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

builds character posted:

Where are you from?

edit: stockholm?

Try this on for size.

Fried herring, mashed potatos, creme fraiche salad (I don't even know what that is, but as an American I respect anything that looks like that and pretends to be a salad).
Yep. And that's not unhealthy, fried herring is awesome.

The salad is just shredded carrot and cabbage in sourcream. Pretty similar to coleslaw.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Yep. And that's not unhealthy, fried herring is awesome.

The salad is just shredded carrot and cabbage in sourcream. Pretty similar to coleslaw.

It's fried, it's on a bed of mashed potatos and for your salad you have a dollop of creme fraiche with a string of cabbage stuck in. It's no KFC doubledown, but you're hitting up all the delicious terrible-for-you food groups right there - fried, empty carbs and butter and a nice big dollop of fat sauce
().

I would also vote for lutfisk or the rotting herring because those have got to be unhealthy.

edit: seriously, video of you eating surstromming! Guaranteed victory. Do it for the internet.

builds character fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 28, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Ain't nothing wrong with fried food, as long as it isn't battered. Fried pork belly with just some salt and pepper is the best thing.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Silly Challenge

I don't think there is a single place locally that would be considered healthy. There are 5 gas stations, 3 of which serve pizza and subs, one serves fried chicken, another is part of the grocery store, and there are still two more pizza places. This is like a town of 2000 people lol.

So I got to thinking, what could I possibly do and then I remembered this place down in the hardware store parking lot next to the railroad tracks.

I actually took multiple photos and my phone in all of its disappointing glory only saved one that was blurry.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Silly Challenge

I don't think this'll win the contest, but I won't be able to get a better picture than this, in part because the only time I can get to this place is at night. Anyways, Taiwan, and especially Chiayi is great for finding awesome mom-and-pop hole in the walls with awesome food. Usually it's just the typical fair of meat and rice lunch boxes or curry and rice. But, there's one stand I really like, and it does help that it's along the main road between home and work, so here it is, "Hatch Well" Taiwanese fried chicken steak:

Just trust me that that's my motorcycle hiding in the shadows there. I can't really park in front of the place without blocking people, and it is literally right on a busy street, so I can't park it away from it. Also, Cell Phone potato cam.

But! I did actually buy the food:

It's awesome because the owner puts some spice mix on the fries and chicken (that's the reddish color you see) that's different that typical American fare, but still delicious. So, outside of being deep fried chicken, why is this so unhealthy? Because according to recent scandals, there is a non-zero chance that this was fried in gutter oil and that I may have unintentionally poisoned myself with various heavy metals and other things that make gutter oil unfit for consumption. That's what I get for living in the shadow of the PRC, here in the RoC.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm pretty sure I will complete the Super Challenge tomorrow.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Not a problem, these weekly challenges are turning into bi-weekly challenges.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

YF19pilot posted:

Not a problem, these weekly challenges are turning into bi-weekly challenges.

semi-weekly; bi-monthly.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Super Challenge

I wanted to stick one with a suction cup to the headlight...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

cursedshitbox posted:

Super Challenge

I wanted to stick one with a suction cup to the headlight...

Does it help you stay on?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Chichevache posted:

Does it help you stay on?

Nah, it's mostly for getting him off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

builds character posted:

Nah, it's mostly for getting him off.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Aight so I finally got around to a few rides and some picture taking so here goes.

Silly Challenge The most unhealthy eating establishment.

This here's the Silver Grove Dairy bar, sketchy in not only food but in operation. It serves what you'd think...various forms of gross soft serve along with various forms of greasy fried poo poo food. Just think meat/bread/potatoes/cheese and all the different combinations of them that you can come up with, and this place serves some deep fried version of it. Hugely popular anyway, tho looking at the clientele that is no big surprise. But that's just half the story, they're also scummy crooks.

They operate the summer months but not even all the summer months, pretty much only the months that school is out, because that is their labor. Besides the angry owner working the grill, they exclusively employ high school girls who they pay in the neighborhood of 5 dollars an hour. Despite making money hand over fist and the warm months extending well past right now, they will close in the next few weeks because all of the kids are back to school. Not only that tho, they're cheap as gently caress. The food has stayed the same lovely food but a decked out burger that used to cost 1.35 a few years ago is now 2.50 and don't tell me the costs/inflation have gone up that much.

And so you got a soda with you cheap rear end burger. But oh no, you're finished it before you are done eating because of the salty rear end cheap food. Well don't think you're in America or nothin, this is Europe rules over here! Ask for a refill and they'll tell you no, not even for a smaller price. They wanted full price for a refill. So I say fine, give me a water then. 40 cents. I say "How is that 40 cents?" "The cost of the cup sir". "Well here," I says to em I says "Take the cup I already have and just fill it up". "Sorry sir," they reply "We aren't allowed to take cups back inside, but there's a hose around the side".

No joke. I used to just go with my family but I think that was the last time. The owner are cheap fucks exploiting kids for a few months then they gently caress off to florida for the "winter". Place could burn down and I wouldn't feel upset.

WOW that was a lot of text, don't worry my SUPER challenge won't be as bad.

Pictured very clearly here is my bike with a dong. Also in the background there was this obelisk thing, I went and read the text and it was dedicated by Herbert Hoover and is memorializing when they completed the canal system on the Ohio River.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Silly Challenge

There are a lot of unhealthy local dining establishments here, but there's nothing quite like the classic*; NYC's best burger at :burger:Corner Bistro:burger: Look, they

Usually, I get the bistro burger. You can see it in the video above, but today was a Sunday and Sundays are for brunch. So I had a brunch burger. It tasted like z3n and nsaP and n8 and chichevache and slavvy and even ducatosto mosntratstiastai** all got together and sang Hallelujah on your tongue. Of course it came with french fries. This is America. Goddamn, how can you even ask that?

*the new classic which opened in long island city where there isn't a line because lines are awful. gently caress you, lines. Also, they have chicken fingers and wings and if you don't like these you're obviously from a horrible communist hell-hole, like sweden.
**f/k/a goddammnedtwisto

Edit: thumbnailing non-burger picture

builds character fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 17, 2015

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
thats a p sweet job posting pics

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

builds character posted:

Silly Challenge

There are a lot of unhealthy local dining establishments here, but there's nothing quite like the classic*; NYC's best burger at :burger:Corner Bistro:burger: Look, they

Usually, I get the bistro burger. You can see it in the video above, but today was a Sunday and Sundays are for brunch. So I had a brunch burger. It tasted like z3n and nsaP and n8 and chichevache and slavvy and even ducatosto mosntratstiastai** all got together and sang Hallelujah on your tongue. Of course it came with french fries. This is America. Goddamn, how can you even ask that?

*the new classic which opened in long island city where there isn't a line because lines are awful. gently caress you, lines. Also, they have chicken fingers and wings and if you don't like these you're obviously from a horrible communist hell-hole, like sweden.
**f/k/a goddammnedtwisto

Were they on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares? I swear there was a restaurant in NYC with a similar sounding name that was on that show. If so, I think this would qualify as the unhealthiest establishment so far. Also, thumbnails.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

YF19pilot posted:

Were they on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares? I swear there was a restaurant in NYC with a similar sounding name that was on that show. If so, I think this would qualify as the unhealthiest establishment so far. Also, thumbnails.

EX250 Type R posted:

thats a p sweet job posting pics

The pictures are huge because the burger is a huge, American burger. I thought about resizing them but then I realized that would be Unamerican (looking at you two, Canadian socialist and godless communist).

Corner bistro was definitely not on kitchen nightmares. It's been best burger in New York for a bunch of years (and I expect they're tremendously profitable as that's the only way to survive with a restaurant in the city) although I think there are a couple places that beat it out this year or last and you won't like it if you prefer a thinner, shake shake style patty.

Still, it's a great burger and if you come to NYC you should have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

builds character posted:

the burger is a huge, American burger.

Meat is Murdercycle

• Locked thread