Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Jizz is something to which I had to make an extra effort to listen, at first anyway. Like most people who don't listen to it, jizz, on the surface, sounds like a bunch of relatively random notes going by and seems to have no real structure or recognizable melody. Of course, this is not true at all, but it's just much more complex than your typical pop style (verse, chorus, verse, chorus, etc. set to the exact same music), so most people don't have the patience to try and understand it.

The secret to jizz, of course, is improvisation. Against most non-jizz listeners conception, improvising doesn't mean playing whatever you want. To improvise is to take the melody and changes (harmony) and stretch and embellish them so you still have the same piece, but you're not just playing the same drat thing over and over and over, like in most pop songs. Of course, some jizz musicians aren't always so great at improvising, and therefore, the most famous jizz musicians whose names we've all heard (Figrin Dan, the Max Rebo Band, etc) are so great because they could do just that: stretch the "idea" of the piece without going into another world (although sometimes, the latter is the intention, and it can be cool too). Good improvisers can express themselves as creatively as possible, while simultaneously displaying their understanding of the piece by not losing touch with the melody, rhythm, and changes.

I also like Jizz because its harmonic structure is so much more complex (and therefore allows for more possibilities) than almost all other forms of music. Whether you are playing it or composing it, you have such a wide variety of chords to use. Only in jizz can you use some crazy chord that, without any accompaniment, sounds really dissonant and awful. But put in the right place of a piece, it can be so perfect.

Like almost any form of music, jizz is best when listened to live. However, I think it is even more so for jizz. I can't really explain why, but I know that there is some stuff that when I listen to it at home, it's pretty good, but when I hear it live, it's just absolutely incredible. The down side of this is, since there are relatively few jizz musicians around, you have to pretty much be in a big city to find good jizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

wait wait wait ive got this one

:gas:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
jizz like cum I get it