Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

Myron Baloney posted:

fine ignore a good play on words and talk about video games you goddamn nerds see if I care

you goddamn nerds

*clicks goon-made rpg thread*
*excpects cool sexy fark like pun time*
*gets mad at nerds*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Parallax Scroll posted:

pausable real time combat is like a shittier turn based

Yeah it's a pretty gay system.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

is this game a headache to control or did developers in 2015 make an isometric game that doesnt play like herding cats?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blue Raider posted:

is this game a headache to control or did developers in 2015 make an isometric game that doesnt play like herding cats?

Combat pathfinding sucks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

It's like playing a piano or other keyboard instrument-- when it's going well it's going extremely well, but when it's not it's really not and you're wondering why the gently caress they couldn't have simplified poo poo.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

hahahahahahahaha

im typing haha to let you know that this is a bad question because it is rhetorical

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

JebanyPedal posted:

Also includes cool stuff like content written by people who backed the game that is exactly as asstardedly bad as you'd expect.

I noticed you included rear end in the insult which is good its okay to insult. (unless the person is differently sized which could be problematic:)

But you used tard which is short for TW: retard for which this is offensive and bigoted to differently abled people. Its problematic in a highly insitutional way.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I find it highly annoying that all these modern games are showing me things. I'd much prefer to just be told whats going on.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

JebanyPedal posted:

Combat pathfinding sucks.

Using shotguns to sneak attack doesn't. :)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

youre wife posted:

Then the dialogue box closes, and you're all, "where did that guy go? Where did these penises come from?" Because there are just too many words to humanly read.

I wish your mother read the instructions for the morning after pill, but stupidity is genetic I guess.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I played it for like 40 seconds...got bored when some guy told me to find an herb off the road we were on. no thanks

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You can skip that by killing everyone.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Phil Niekro posted:

I will not play the wonton transexual murder simulator known as Pillars of Eternity.

The makers of Hatred should do this as their next game.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i want to read elf and dwarf words, but i'm too sensible to read a fantasy novel.

i'm p much burned out on pc rpgs now though. i'll finish avernum 2 eventually and then forget about them for a year.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I noticed you included rear end in the insult which is good its okay to insult. (unless the person is differently sized which could be problematic:)

But you used tard which is short for TW: retard for which this is offensive and bigoted to differently abled people. Its problematic in a highly insitutional way.

Don't worry, the letters t, a, r and d are being painstakingly removed from all 30,000 pages of in-game dialogue because forums goon psyopmonkey just won't stop calling and e-mailing Obsidian.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

pausable real time combat is like a shittier turn based

ur like a shittier literal poo poo

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

Helical Nightmares posted:

I wish your mother read the instructions for the morning after pill, but stupidity is genetic I guess.

Pshfft. I was a planned birth, so there goes that theory.

Really tho, I haven't played this game at all. I've just been watching my fella play. Every five minutes he's all, "honey! Look! It's so beautiful!" And I'm all, "That's a really nice giant block of text." And it's the most insanely boring way to spend time with someone you could be loving.

Anyway, I'm going to play dragonage some more. A real rpg with kissing.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
il play it at some point maybe a year from now bc i loved bg2 but ive seen some videos of this one, and cant they move away from the exact same style all these games are done in, the d&d fantasy poo poo with elves and dwarves and +1 slightly different race like the otherkin they shoved in there. 'welcome to the albino dragon inn there be mead here, traveller, but a lich has stolen me sword i keep above the bar, u can fin d him in the spooky graveyard outside of town'.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

youre wife posted:

Pshfft. I was a planned birth, so there goes that theory.

Really tho, I haven't played this game at all. I've just been watching my fella play. Every five minutes he's all, "honey! Look! It's so beautiful!" And I'm all, "That's a really nice giant block of text." And it's the most insanely boring way to spend time with someone you could be loving.

Anyway, I'm going to play dragonage some more. A real rpg with kissing.

What a fella

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
it was a great game but the entire last act is just a fuking annoying rear end dungeon crawl

why do rpg devs always end their games like this

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TheIllestVillain posted:

it was a great game but the entire last act is just a fuking annoying rear end dungeon crawl

why do rpg devs always end their games like this

concerns me too that with that kind of endgame, the "harder content" in any future games will just be lame poo poo like each enemy encounter Charming/mind-controlling 4 of your 6 guys at the start of every fight etc. Thats what I remember most about BG2, poo poo just got annoying.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Orkin Mang posted:

il play it at some point maybe a year from now bc i loved bg2 but ive seen some videos of this one, and cant they move away from the exact same style all these games are done in, the d&d fantasy poo poo with elves and dwarves and +1 slightly different race like the otherkin they shoved in there. 'welcome to the albino dragon inn there be mead here, traveller, but a lich has stolen me sword i keep above the bar, u can fin d him in the spooky graveyard outside of town'.

yeah they should do one like barkley's chaos dunk shut up and jammit

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

yeah they should do one like barkley's chaos dunk shut up and jammit

no idea what ur talking about but does the aesthetic have to be the same with a few variations. its probably harder than im giving it credit bc i just tried to think of a new race and i came to 'humans but smaller' and those are dwarves

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Only the greatest rpg of the modern era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley,_Shut_Up_and_Jam:_Gaiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1cOvZ3nS8

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Agreed. The "game" is just a fantasy novel. Why not just read some good actual literature instead?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Kicked in $20 when the Kickstarter first appeared, was a pretty good call. 55% Steam Sale years in advance :smug:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

It's not that they couldn't, it's that the backers basically wanted a baldurs gate d&d sequel. So obsidian made one with the minimal amount of changes necessary to not get sued for ripping off any d & d IP. Orlans instead of halflings etc.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah allow me to stare at bark with ink stains on it trying to decode hieroglyphics to make a movie appear vaguely in my head. In 2015.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Parallax Scroll posted:

pausable real time combat is like a categorically improved turn based

fixed that for you, weirdo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Saga posted:

Don't worry, the letters t, a, r and d are being painstakingly removed from all 30,000 pages of in-game dialogue because forums goon psyopmonkey just won't stop calling and e-mailing Obsidian.

There was actual butthurt about backer content being transphobic to the point it got removed and the ringleader of the butthurt was a goon. Shameful

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
You can murder every single backer character in the game, take their stuff, and suffer no ill effects. You can also sing so hard that skeletons get up to sing along and dance with you.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Yea it's like reading a book. but indeed it's interactive

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Peztopiary posted:

You can murder every single backer character in the game, take their stuff, and suffer no ill effects.

im gonna do this in my next playthrough

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Um I think you will find that the game rules, is fun, and you got that real bad opinion?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Byolante posted:

There was actual butthurt about backer content being transphobic to the point it got removed and the ringleader of the butthurt was a goon. Shameful

lol they didn't even ask them to remove it, they just pointed out it was there, after which Obsidian got in touch with the backer and had them submit a new blurb

There's a way more bitching about "caving to sjw pressure" than there ever was about the original dumb joke. :thumbsup:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I always say why read a book when you can just play the game version of it. I mean I can't even reload my save state in a book... /flips back to the cover. RELOAD! pfffft. Nonsense.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

concerns me too that with that kind of endgame, the "harder content" in any future games will just be lame poo poo like each enemy encounter Charming/mind-controlling 4 of your 6 guys at the start of every fight etc. Thats what I remember most about BG2, poo poo just got annoying.

At least in BG2 you can cast your buffs before a fight starts and be immune to all those effects. Here you just eat them or waste actions casting spells that make it slightly less likely you'll get charmed/effect'd.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kajeesus posted:

lol they didn't even ask them to remove it, they just pointed out it was there, after which Obsidian got in touch with the backer and had them submit a new blurb

There's a way more bitching about "caving to sjw pressure" than there ever was about the original dumb joke. :thumbsup:

keep in mind i literally do not care about the joke and treat all the backer self-inserts as loving poison, but the kind of person who aggressively picks that fight over that dumb rear end joke, should not be empowered, or respected, or listened to, and he was, and that's something to be annoyed about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

bitmap posted:

Um I think you will find that the game rules, is fun, and you got that real bad opinion?

real bad opinions, in my gbs???

• Locked thread