Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

wateroverfire posted:

Why would reporting a crime to the police count as slandering someone?

Felony charges against someone, even if acquitted, are much more damaging than being called a rapist in vigilante court. Hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
If you think someone who accuses in public should prove it or go to prison why not accusers on the witness stand?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

wateroverfire posted:

What if they dismiss it for lack of evidence?

Unless among your fantasies about the legal system is that people get charged for making a false claim in circumstances like that.

With the note that the girl from Columbia did, in fact, go to the police. So--you have no problem with her naming the person she says raped her, right?

Series DD Funding posted:

Felony charges against someone, even if acquitted, are much more damaging than being called a rapist in vigilante court. Hope this helps

And this.

Obdicut fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 10, 2015

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

wateroverfire posted:

Oh, good!

"For legal reasons I cannot accuse any specific person of raping me. I can, however, say that I was brutally raped by someone. I can also factually recount to you my criminal complaint filed with the police. In that complaint I swore under oath that local man John Smith raped me on the night of......"

Good system you've thought up.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Obdicut posted:

What if they dismiss it for lack of evidence?

Unless among your fantasies about the legal system is that people get charged for making a false claim in circumstances like that.

Statements made as part of criminal or civil litigation are exempt from slander and libel laws, at least in most of the United States. That seems an appropriate exception, especially since there are more severe sanctions for lying under oath or filing a false police report.

edit: Did the OP change the thread title, or was it just some particularly passive-aggressive mod?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

The Insect Court posted:

Statements made as part of criminal or civil litigation are exempt from slander and libel laws, at least in most of the United States. That seems an appropriate exception, especially since there are more severe sanctions for lying under oath or filing a false police report.

edit: Did the OP change the thread title, or was it just some particularly passive-aggressive mod?

Very few people are prosecuted for filing a false police report. In the case of a woman reporting a rape, it would take a hell of a lot to prompt that. In the case of a he-said/she-said encounter, it would be as difficult as prosecuting a rapist.

The Columbia student is an example of this. She made the police report. Even though people doubt her story, there is almost no chance of her being prosecuted for a false report. She is not, in fact, even being sued personally by the guy.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Series DD Funding posted:

Hmm.

The Insect Court posted:

Statements made as part of criminal or civil litigation are exempt from slander and libel laws, at least in most of the United States.

Yep.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Okay. So you don't actually have a problem with the Columbia student, since she did make a police report, right?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

quote:

Assertions of injustice by young men are infuriating to some. Caroline Heldman, an associate professor of politics at Occidental College and co-founder of End Rape on Campus, said of the men who are turning to the courts, “These lawsuits are an incredible display of entitlement, the same entitlement that drove them to rape.”

Haha, that's loving amazing. Change the situation to black people suing about mistreatment by the police and the reaction would sound like it came right out of the mouth of a right wing pundit.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Radbot posted:

Haha, that's loving amazing. Change the situation to black people suing about mistreatment by the police and the reaction would sound like it came right out of the mouth of a right wing pundit.

It's almost like there's a difference between the way that men are treated in these circumstances and the way black people are treated by the police.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Obdicut posted:

It's almost like there's a difference between the way that men are treated in these circumstances and the way black people are treated by the police.

It's almost like whenever the justice system rushes to punish people without proper due process, bad things happen.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Obdicut posted:

Okay. So you don't actually have a problem with the Columbia student, since she did make a police report, right?

She filed a police report specifically to get his name into the record and apparantly said so, as part of a coordinated campaign of harassment. So yeah I have a problem with the whole situation generally but not with rape victims filing police reports, which seems like a thing we would prefer to happen more.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Radbot posted:

It's almost like whenever the justice system rushes to punish people without proper due process, bad things happen.

What justice system rushing in to punish people are you talking about?

By 'justice system' do you mean 'university'?

And are you seriously comparing the unjust jailing, beating, and shooting of black Americans with being kicked out of school--when that happens, as, again, it didn't in the Columbia case?

wateroverfire posted:

She filed a police report specifically to get his name into the record and apparantly said so, as part of a coordinated campaign of harassment. So yeah I have a problem with the whole situation generally but not with rape victims filing police reports, which seems like a thing we would prefer to happen more.

She said she filed the police report because she heard from other women that he had assaulted them as well.

So any time a rape victim files a police report, you have no problem with her then talking about the rape publicly, is this correct?

You have also dodged the question of where you live. What country are you in?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Obdicut posted:

What justice system rushing in to punish people are you talking about?

By 'justice system' do you mean 'university'?

No, I mean I believe people always deserve the right to due process in proceedings that would affect their lives (this would extend to union grievances, university disciplinary proceedings, etc.). It's literally the only fair way to do it.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Radbot posted:

No, I mean I believe people always deserve the right to due process in proceedings that would affect their lives (this would extend to union grievances, university disciplinary proceedings, etc.). It's literally the only fair way to do it.

Okay. Nobody here is disagreeing with that, so that's cool.

Comparing people getting kicked out of school with the way black americans are treated in the US is still really stupid.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Obdicut posted:

Okay. Nobody here is disagreeing with that, so that's cool.

Comparing people getting kicked out of school with the way black americans are treated in the US is still really stupid.

Well, yeah, you are disagreeing with the commonly accepted notion of American due process. You lack any modicum of empathy for people like this and I think that's reprehensible.

Radbot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 10, 2015

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Radbot posted:

Well, yeah, you are disagreeing with the commonly accepted notion of American due process.

I'm completely not, in any way, shape or form. I am not disagreeing with those guys suing their universities. That was a professor somewhere. Remember?

If you feel I'm disagreeing with American due process, show where I am.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Human males have less inherent value than human females due to human females being the limiting factor in reproduction. Thus, in our society, women are favored in endless ways, and both men and women will have a pro-female bias. This why even Christian conservative pastors are afraid to condemn single mothers from their pulpits and society is entertaining the idea of overturning the presumption of innocence in rape accusation cases. We are supposed to believe that men can be so wicked as habitually engage in rape but that women are too angelic to lie about getting raped.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mr. Hand posted:

Human males have less inherent value than human females due to human females being the limiting factor in reproduction. Thus, in our society, women are favored in endless ways, and both men and women will have a pro-female bias. This why even Christian conservative pastors are afraid to condemn single mothers from their pulpits and society is entertaining the idea of overturning the presumption of innocence in rape accusation cases. We are supposed to believe that men can be so wicked as habitually engage in rape but that women are too angelic to lie about getting raped.

If human males have less inherent value, then meekly submit to your role.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Mr. Hand posted:

Jon Pop, Christian conservative pastors do condemn single mothers from their pulpits, and courts and police are biased against, not for, rape victims and the presumption of innocence is not being abandoned.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Obdicut posted:

Jon Pop, Christian conservative pastors do condemn single mothers from their pulpits, and courts and police are biased against, not for, rape victims and the presumption of innocence is not being abandoned.

Christian conservatives prefer to complain about "deadbeat dads" and dare not say a single bad thing about the sluts who chose those deadbeats, and feminists want to use false rape accusations as a weapon against the so called "patriarchy" structure they're always moaning about.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Hand posted:

Christian conservatives prefer to complain about "deadbeat dads" and dare not say a single bad thing about the sluts who chose those deadbeats, and feminists want to use false rape accusations as a weapon against the so called "patriarchy" structure they're always moaning about.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Wow this thread somehow managed to take a major turn for the worse

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Both the photoshops are pretty good though.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Obdicut posted:

Actually, that was apparently ZergFluid, and unfortunately, he got banned again before he could school us about the Pussy Cartel for the millionth time. :allears:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chicken Butt posted:

Actually, that was apparently ZergFluid, and unfortunately, he got banned again before he could school us about the Pussy Cartel for the millionth time. :allears:

How do we have two of those people constantly re-regging and posting the same garbage?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

How do we have two of those people constantly re-regging and posting the same garbage?

Somewhere in America, there are two different dads looking at their credit card bills and wondering why they keep getting charged :10bux: by a "somethingawful.com"

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
What he said is true though? Women have a pro female bias and a natural distrust of men comparatively. Theirs always lots of hubbub about men not going to the doctors enough because of pride, but if you actually follow studys you'd see that for some reason men by and far seek isolation when they are injured or sick, while women by and far do the opposite. Male disposability shouldn't be some redpiller only truth, guys. It's kinda sad that everyone other than them seem to treat it like it doesn't exist.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Chicken Butt posted:

Zerg actually seems less crazy and just more an rear end in a top hat than Jon Pop. I should have been able to tell.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

afeelgoodpoop posted:

Theirs always lots of hubbub about men not going to the doctors enough because of pride

afeelgoodpoop posted:

but if you actually follow studys you'd see that for some reason men by and far seek isolation when they are injured or sick

For "some reason". What is that reason?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

gnarlyhotep posted:

For "some reason". What is that reason?

BC they know injured males arent needed *bites head off*

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Well its been real chatting w u drones i got a few cubic yards of eggs to queef out ~skitterz~

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

whoflungpoop posted:

BC they know injured males arent needed *bites head off*

:3:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

whoflungpoop posted:

Well its been real chatting w u drones i got a few cubic yards of eggs to queef out ~skitterz~

FYI I finally figured out how to play the Psycho, get with me on Steam

we will rock poo poo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

FYI I finally figured out how to play the Psycho, get with me on Steam

we will rock poo poo

Aurite soon :3:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

WE WILL HONOR THE DEAD BY MAKING THEM

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Mr. Hand posted:

Look up Jeb Bush's plans in 1995 involving unwed mothers and get hype

Dude

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I would gladly sacrifice hundreds of male lives, torn asunder by metal, the earth, the sun, explosives, bullets, and crushed under the wheels of mighty war rigs if that is what it takes to protect and retain female breeding stock.

The road of life is one of righteous fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
We will ride together through the gates of Valhalla, all shiny and chrome

• Locked thread