Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

OSI bean dip posted:

those are passwords behind him btw

lol

i wonder what kind of production setup they have that's knocked them off the air for so long. apparently they can only air prerecorded stuff atm which makes even less sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sharktopus posted:

getting called into the office and accused of "computer crimes" was also more or less a twice a year event from 5th grade until high school

lol same. except i got suspended twice in middle school for really stupid poo poo

then in high school i got the admin password for everything (including deepfreeze) and nobody caught me :getin:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

I ran one of the first large gopher sites in Canada. I'm basically a pharaoh.

lol a canadian gopher site is the technological equivalent of store brand soda

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

RC cola supremacy

pharaoh's own radio control soda

for real though gopher was cool. i remember using it in elementary school :butt:

oh god that makes me old too i guess

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

are they competing in the DARPA wizard grand challenge?

smythe namechange to DARPA grand wizard please

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

i feel like something like this should not only be airgapped, but not on computers at all

lol @ managing 4 million records without a computer

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

providing the space for a weird underground data hell cavern is the only thing pittsburgh is good for

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

Not sure if everyone sees this but...

Good job.

nope. just a long string on ios

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

ios ftw

keep your silly text boners

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

also thats not meant to be read as "text, boners"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

qntm posted:

So is there an ACID3-style reference image for what the correct rendering of that page is meant to look like?

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

who the heck is still using type 1 fonts in 2015

• Locked thread