Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
At the end of the final video I will record myself going through the clothing options to show all the options off, provided enough people want to see it. Each item takes a while to load though, so be aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I only have 3 levels left to record and they are likely to be much easier due to being able to cherry pick the challenges I do to reduce frustration. It's been fun recording so far and I'm just happy to be an active part of this thread.

For all users in the EU/UK I recommend giving FreeRunning a go, as the controls are really responsive, and the only truly broken bit is the video gallery. The controls work fine, the levels (especially later on) are well put together (With the occasional nitpick which will be explored in the videos) and the 'boss' races are difficult but fun when you know what you are doing. When you know the courses the game can become fairly fluid, bearing in mind that I am generally really bad at Extreme Sports games.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Maybe all but one, as the recording was too corrupted to use, but it was the Freighter so the most uninteresting one. I can rerecord for a bonus vid if you want.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just to let you all know I was having recording issues so was worried the FreeRunning vids would die here but it's working again and I was able to record the Next level without glitches. Got greedy though and crashed pinnacle trying to record the level after but I'll try again later.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yes, the warehouse is easily the smallest level in the whole game, in both dimensions.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Youtube may have done it automatically, it certainly wasn't doing that while we were recording the commentary.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hope you enjoy the game :3:. I did.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yes, the video gallery is the unstable part. As long as you stay away from that you should be fine.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Glad you're enjoying it. Now there're 2 people who have played this game at all :P. And yeah it definitely controls better than it looks in the vids.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

And that was the end of Alvin and the ChimpPunks.

I dipped into Free Running and finally got the video menu crash. It's not often that you see a PS2 BSOD and bitch about a missing file. Strangely, I was able to avoid it later to get rid of exclamation marks making unlocked content.
The game is promoting adidas in subtle ways. I showed up for the race to unlock the second chapter in their black sneakers, and the opponent had a voiced line saying that he liked them. Also, adidas-labelled gear gives you the greatest stat boosts with minimal health impact.

The best moment so far was Sebastien telling me how I'm getting better and will soon be ready for new challenges, immediately followed by the standard race victory scene with him sobbing on his knees at my feet. :smug:

What we didn't see in the videos is that clearing challenges usually unlocks new ones on a different map in the same chapter. You don't actually spend an hour at the home base or the flats doing everything, but instead hop between them because a good flying butt twist session in one area opens up 'the floor is lava' in the other.

So, are you enjoying the game? I did despite it's flaws.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hang on does this game not only have the font from the orginal Tony Hawk but the logo too? They are very similar in appearence.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Figured Insetik would enjoy this: Tony Hawk inventing and figuring out how to skate on an experimental horizontal loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaf8zHp-iaY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Can we skate downhill on a semi now?

That's Insetik doing the Luge.

• Locked thread