Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Man, I gotta say, I am really proud to be an American. This GI Bill is just great, I'm going to be the first person in my family to go to college and it really feels like the government has my back now that the war is over. Eisenhower is doing great things, and I am very excited to see what this new interstate system is going to be all about! Maybe I'll pop the kids in the car this summer and just take a long vacation, like everyone else does on my street. Yes, this is indeed the life. Go to school on the cheap, put my 20 years in at a job, and retire on a fat pension and spend the rest of my days fishing and being a granddad.

Oh, and I bought a house the other week too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

*coughs up blood* What's that Ray? Just changing out the brakes. *wheeze* Goddamn this is one hell of a cold!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ASBESTOS

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'm sure glad I don't have to share bath rooms with the Negroes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Hey check out this new disco album

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

Ya know, this music.. it isn't really my thing. Beatrice and I still enjoy the big band. The kids seem to like it, though. Too much pelvic trusts for me, but its probably harmless.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
*Stays at home and is personally fulfilled through motherhood*

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

Nuclear winter is going to kill us all if the Russians don't do it first so let's cherish these last few precious moments we have.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

gee whiz that's swell

*is gay*

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
*has British accent for no loving good reason at all*

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
*smokes cigarettes cause they're healthy*

*votes for a social security system that won't last for grandkids but fuggit, got mine*

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

*is 18*

*has no college degree or work history*

*gets full-time position after less than two weeks of job-hunting*

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

*Works for minimum wage at a factory*

*Owns a house, 2 cars, a lake house and a speedboat all paid for*

"I'm gonna teach my kids to work hard in life so they can have all the great things I have."

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

*Wife complains about me being a little hard on the Beaver*

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i strangled a jap to death with the strap of my rifle and now im shuffling papers at a bank and self medicating with a bottle of whiskey every night

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
*sneers at interracial couple*

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
"Hope I'm still around in the year 2015 so I can take my rocket car to visit the grand kids on the moon!"

*sixty years later*

*is rotting in a geriatric care facility, penniless and unloved*

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
*drinks two martinis for lunch*
*drinks a few cocktails with dinner*
*on Saturday, drinks a couple beer, takes the kids downtown, and points out the derelicts in the alley*
"Don't end up like that, kids"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Three TV channels? How could I possibly watch them all?

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
*works a part job over the summer to completely cover tuition for the next school year*

*has a hard time seeing anyone who isn't white as 100% human*

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

things are still terrible for me, a poor person, but this thread is about the middle class.. not gay black me...

TEAYCHES fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 10, 2015

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
that james dean is a hell of an actor, he's gonna go places

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

STEVE MCQUEEN

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
*can't even conceive of a homosexual as being anything but a sinister pervert*

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
*is white*

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
"i can afford a house, car, and children straight out of high school, what the hell do i need this union for?"

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
*walked to school barefoot*
*picked stones for farmers when work wasn't available*
*endured the Hungry 30s and 40s to make something of themselves and raise a family about now*
*sees the eradication of TB and the successful growth of all offspring into adulthood*
*lives long enough to watch their successful offspring berate their grandchildren for being as jobless as they were and not even able to pick stones*

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Oh Hell No posted:

*is 18*

*has no college degree or work history*

*gets full-time position after less than two weeks of job-hunting*

He had a strong handshake and a fine haircut not unlike that boy who took over center field for Joltin' Joe a few winters past. I've got a strong feeling about this one Meredith.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014

Console Role Player posted:

"Hope I'm still around in the year 2015 so I can take my rocket car to visit the grand kids on the moon!"

*sixty years later*

*is rotting in a geriatric care facility, penniless and unloved*

Those boomers sure messed up, they were supposed to get a free meal and be dead before the bill came!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I love lovely boring music for gay nerds

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

"Boy, this DuMont Network sure looks great on my giant 19 inch Philco!"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*complains about wife's coffee*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprIbx4QkPc

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
gets lynched

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Once I had it all: wife two kids two cars a house no college degree the american dream. but it wasn't enough, ya see, I was bored, I was greedy I had to have more so one night I follows this blonde into a jazz club and next thing I knows I was flipped out of my mind on jive and lost it all

Tonsured fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 10, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress you op

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I bolt fenders on cars for a living, Im about to buy a lake house

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
*Due to having both veterinarian and military experience is hired by the government of Mexico to go down there and machinegun herds of foot-and-mouth infected cattle. The peons whose lives I just destroyed try to kill me as I sleep.*

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 10, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i strangled a jap to death with the strap of my rifle and now im shuffling papers at a bank and self medicating with a bottle of whiskey every night

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Coincidentally, I drank a bottle of whiskey during the war and now I'm working at a bank and strangling a jap every night

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

*gets a union job that pays well*
*votes republican*

• Locked thread