Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are channels in decimal form? Why is fat people a show on TLC? What happened to Jon Stewart's head??

Why am I watching this?? :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
loloololol Sean Hannity is still showing videos of Obama's crazy preacher

this is a loving trip

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i never had cable

:secondpost:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
We stopped our cable subscription but they never disconnected it, it's been a year and a half :iiam:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

welcome to the thundering aorta of america

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know you could still get illegal cable with modern technology

send your cable guy over to my place

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

amityville anus posted:

i never had cable

:secondpost:

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
I've literally never had television, and I have no idea why anyone would want it. Who wants to schedule their day around a god drat TV show?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Are you in Texas? cuz he's is illegal :smith:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

your neighbors are gonna burn your house down

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

nonazis posted:

I've literally never had television, and I have no idea why anyone would want it. Who wants to schedule their day around a god drat TV show?

Spoken like a true dum dum

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

who the gently caress has cable in 2015 just pirate poo poo online lol

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

channels are in decimal form because its better than channels in floating point number form? shoot yourself in the loving face with a gun if you can't understand this simple fact OP

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Pivotal Lever posted:

channels are in decimal form because its better than channels in floating point number form? shoot yourself in the loving face with a gun if you can't understand this simple fact OP

also

Zartosht posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zartosht posted:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
its pretty easy to do you just need a tall ladder adn climb up the pole and remove the guard. just do it when no ones looking.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Zartosht posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Myth: cable piracy is wrong
Fact: cable companies are big faceless corporations, which makes it ok!

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Rutibex posted:

Myth: cable piracy is wrong
Fact: cable companies are big faceless corporations, which makes it ok!

:agreed:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Cable tv doesn't even have let's plays. I mean seriously, gg cable no re.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Matey posted:

Cable tv doesn't even have let's plays. I mean seriously, gg cable no re.

sports are the original lets plays

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zartosht posted:

the only good internet game in town is the cable company and they're super desperate to stay relevant as a cable provider and not an isp and i'm pretty sure it might have cost slightly more to get the internet-only package or some weird poo poo.

This means i can watch live tv or pirate everything, depending on the channel and my desire to put up with commercials.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I didnt think stealing cable was a thing in 2015 considering the ability to download whatever you want. I remember hot cable boxes that got everything for free were pretty cool for awhile, but those cable boxes are not what you probably have coming to mind right now.

now youre thinking about the right cable box

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

thats cool op, i have the internet

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nonazis posted:

look at this dumbass who doesnt know about dvr

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
My 600 Pound Life is a thoroughly unpleasant show and I don't understand why my friends watch it. I don't want to watch a huge person weeping because they've ruined their life with potato salad.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Enjoy the reaming op

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ghetto wormhole posted:

We stopped our cable subscription but they never disconnected it, it's been a year and a half :iiam:

Looking forward to your follow up post "just got a $2,300 cable bill in the mail".

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Cable stealing crew represent. I got a guy on the inside and I tip him 8 bucks a month for every channel. Feels good to pull one over on the cable company for once. "Oh you're doubling my Internet bill with no notice, that's nice. Ya got me!"

The funny thing is after having cable for the first time in probably two decades I really could do without it. All the channels are garbage and the BRAND NEW Samsung DVR works like utter poo poo and crashes constantly. Oh yeah picture quality is abhorrent. I don't know how people watch this poo poo.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

cable is only really good for sports imo. it can be tricky to source matches online

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

revmoo posted:

Cable stealing crew represent. I got a guy on the inside and I tip him 8 bucks a month for every channel. Feels good to pull one over on the cable company for once. "Oh you're doubling my Internet bill with no notice, that's nice. Ya got me!"

The funny thing is after having cable for the first time in probably two decades I really could do without it. All the channels are garbage and the BRAND NEW Samsung DVR works like utter poo poo and crashes constantly. Oh yeah picture quality is abhorrent. I don't know how people watch this poo poo.

"yeah man come over let's watch this fuckin crazyweird movie i just heard about!"
(i go to their house)
(i sit in their couch)
(moron unfolds their lenovo tablet)
(brings up the youtube app)
(six blurry pixels compete for my attention)

It's a loving miracle how always-on high speed broadband has caused a net DROP in picture quality. YEAH LEMME JUST WATCH 2001 ON MY FUCKIN RINKY-DINK LITTLE 3DS LIKE THIS ISN'T A SLAP IN THE loving FACE TO EVERY TIRED PROJECTIONIST WHO EVER HAD TO HOT-SWAP A BULB WHILE GODZILLA FLATTENED TOKYO. christ video quality gets me angry

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah, me too. i remember it was a big thing back in the 90s...you could buy fake cable boxes in china town in nyc...a bunch of my friends dads got them. my dad wouldn't get one.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

yeah, me too. i remember it was a big thing back in the 90s...you could buy fake cable boxes in china town in nyc...a bunch of my friends dads got them. my dad wouldn't get one.

I had a black box in college. Then cable went digital.

:(

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

krampster2 posted:

cable is only really good for sports imo. it can be tricky to source matches online

this is true OP

One of my pathetic 21st century fantasies is having enough money and leisure time to buy all the football channels and watch little men run across a field forever.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you have the internet

you already have free cable, even the premium channels

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

nonazis posted:

everyone who has cable just dvrs everything

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

how do you get illegal cable in TYOOL (the year of our lord) 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cable piracy in 2015 is kind of like pirating the cotton gin

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puppy Galaxy posted:

how do you get illegal cable in TYOOL (the year of our lord) 2015