Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
ATTENTION EARLY-BIRD PLAYOFF POSTERS: As a New York Rangers fan, you're all Yankees fans in spirit to me. That being said, here's what the games mean. 8pm and later games will be explained by then.

Senators @ Rangers 7:00 PM
With two games remaining for each, the ninth place Senators need to earn one more point than the Bruins or two more than the Penguins to make the playoffs. Rangers have already secured first place in the league and are resting several players.

Hurricanes @ Flyers 7:00 PM
Race to the bottom.

Red Wings @ Canadiens 7:30 PM
Detroit needs to earn one point to clinch a playoff spot. Montreal has a two-point lead on Tampa Bay for first place in the Atlantic division but is trailing on the tiebreaker. If the Lightning pass them, they'll play Detroit in the playoffs rather than a wildcard.

Devils @ Lightning 7:30 PM
Lightning are two points for the Canadiens but could secure a preferable playoff matchup by earning two points more than the Canadiens. Devils are bad.

Bruins @ Panthers 7:30 PM
Bruins are tied with the Senators for the final playoff spot, but lead in the tiebreaker. Panthers are out of the playoffs.

Blackhawks @ Blues 8:00 PM
Hawks are third in the Central with 102p/39ROW, Blues are first at 105p/40ROW. Hawks come within one point and tie the tiebreaker with a win. Blues tie Ducks for first in the west with a win, who have one game remaining, but own the tiebreaker.

Wild @ Predators 8:00 PM
Both teams have clinched playoff spots, but Nashville is one point behind St. Louis and already owns the tiebreaker. Minnesota could move up or down a spot in the last two games.

Jets @ Avalance 9:00 PM
Jets could clinch a playoff spot with a win. Colorado could pass San Jose for a weaker draft pick if they win.

Kings @ Flames 9:00 PM
Flames clinch a playoff berth with a win. Kings are eliminated with a loss. If the Kings win, they are tied at 95 points with one game remaining each, but the Flames own the tiebreaker.

Sharks @ Oilers 9:30 PM
Bad and badder. Edmonton has a lock on the 28th spot on the league, San Jose could move up or down roughly a percentage point in the draft lottery.

Coyotes @ Canucks 10:00 PM
Canucks are holding on to the second playoff spot in the Pacific, currently a matchup with the third-place Flames. Coyotes lose their shot at last overall if they earn a point and the Sabres win their last two games.

Go Rangers!

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Hank's hurt. gently caress. At least we've got Talbot.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

OP updated with explanations of what the games mean.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Wow, even the Rangers broadcast team put their backups in.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

sedative posted:

Vinny Lecavalier with two fights tonight

2, 5 and 10 because he jumped the kid

Looking to get traded to the Oilers after they clean house this offseason.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

Dude, it's not the post season yet. Don't flex those shitposting muscles too hard or you'll blow a hammy.

Isn't that what Sens fans have been doing for the last two months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

I dunno I've noticed them being more pro-their-team (obviously) and a lot lower in the "GET FUK'D/FUK DUH BROONS" echo chamber bullshit. :shrug:

It's a joke about Andrew "Hammy" Hammond.

• Locked thread