Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Everyone should stop and thank the brave Republicans once again doing the right thing and stopping the feels based Democrat violence against their fellow man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jastiger posted:

Dang this is super interesting!

There is a mockumentary called the Confederate States of America. It goes off on some tangents about how racist the South was, and some of the silly hijinx they get into. But one part of it really did stick out to me, and that was their alliance with the axis powers and the expansion of slavery to Cuba and South America. Those were very real propositions that were closer to the mark than they let on. It also had them invading other areas to establish colonies and slave states but they fail because the South was so hosed up and unable to hold onto anything due to the whole slavery and evil empire thing.

Still, a winning South that was expansionist would leave the world a very different and much worse place.

Yeah, but it's fun to imagine what the landscape would look like without the white elephant that is the southern political apparatus. You know, ignoring that the CAS and Hitler would have been high-fiving all day long.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Everyone should stop and thank the brave Republicans once again doing the right thing and stopping the feels based Democrat violence against their fellow man.

True, true.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

Yeah, but it's fun to imagine what the landscape would look like without the white elephant that is the southern political apparatus. You know, ignoring that the CAS and Hitler would have been high-fiving all day long.

People who unironically support the south take extreme umbrage at the implication that they would have buddied up with Hitler, but every indication is that they would have.

"I may want to create and maintain a system of ownership of other people, kill and terrorize those that aren't of the background I approve of, and believe that my way of life is superior and must be spread to all nearby nation states.

But I ain't no Nazi" - southern apologists

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ork of Fiction posted:

nothing much would've changed if the confederates won (and nothing changed much after they lost). assuming their economy didn't collapse pretty much immediately due to war costs and infrastructure loss leading to reabsorption into the union anyway, the us would've normalized trade relations within a decade tops and if anything it would've made better practice for later expansion into foreign trade with asia and latin america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
the wahr of northern aggression

• Locked thread