Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

schlitz

canned

schlitz is actually mega dope. it's as cheap or cheaper than the equivalent beer and it's got a higher abv. and it tastes just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
natty is disgusting and i will never willingly drink it again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

logical phalluses posted:

schlitz is actually mega dope. it's as cheap or cheaper than the equivalent beer and it's got a higher abv. and it tastes just fine.

they changed the recipe a few years back to what it was in the early 60s when Schlitz was one of the big three domestics

before that it was pretty bad

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Rolling Rock is kinda foul too but not unforgivably so

I just find Rolling Rock to be inoffensively bland. It's funny too, because I used to drink it a ton in college and thought it was a more upscale beer than what everyone else normally drank.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
IPAs are the sriracha of beer

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

worst ever was pre-2008 schlitz. they've since switched recipes and it's not completely awful now.

current production, it's a tossup between rolling rock and foster's. even as someone who regularly drinks natural ice, i couldn't get through a bottle of rolling rock. fosters's i was able to finish but it somehow left a rotten egg taste in my mouth that lingered for hours.

edit: i almost wonder if IPAs are a thing that you genetically either like or hate, like cilantro. i've heard people say it's like drinking soap, but to me most of them taste really citrusy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 10, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Billmac posted:

Holy fuuuuuuu.

Future Nobel winner here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Infidel Castro posted:

I just find Rolling Rock to be inoffensively bland. It's funny too, because I used to drink it a ton in college and thought it was a more upscale beer than what everyone else normally drank.

depends on your tolerance for Dimethyl Sulfide I suppose

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Billmac posted:

when IPAs are good, they're very good

but when they're done wrong... hoo boy are they bad

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Some random house beer from this bar in Singapore. $18 a pint - the only reason I forced myself to finish it...

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
its cool to enjoy IPAs if you've smoked for a decade and turned your mouth/tongue into mostly scar tissue, same with pouring salt and pepper and hot sauce on every drat thing you eat. at least it has ~a~ taste right?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

when IPAs are good, they're very good

but when they're done wrong... hoo boy are they bad

right

Billmac posted:

its cool to enjoy IPAs if you've smoked for a decade and turned your mouth/tongue into mostly scar tissue, same with pouring salt and pepper and hot sauce on every drat thing you eat. at least it has ~a~ taste right?

wrong

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Billmac posted:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
The best beer I have drank was a Heady Topper.
The worst beer I drank was a Heady Topper that had gone skunky or something. It was loving awful. From the same case too.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I bought a 12 pack of henry weinhards lager about 10 years ago and every bottle looked like it had a 1/16 inch of oatmeal in the bottom. poo poo went bad or something. I took a sip just to see if it might be drinkable since we were hosed for getting anymore beer that night. I wasn't able to drink that brand for a while after that.

It's like the time a friend thought it'd be a cool prank to put yellow mustard in my mt. dew. Couldn't drink mt. dew for a long time after that.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
it's a toss up between Milwaukee's Best and La Fin Du Monde

both are equally sickening in different ways

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
I can't attest to the taste but the sediment on the bottom is just yeast dudes and if you make your own beer you get used to this goop

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

it's a toss up between Milwaukee's Best and La Fin Du Monde

both are equally sickening in different ways

Fight me IRL

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

VendaGoat posted:

Fight me IRL

I'll beat you over the head with a bottle of that foul tasting swill

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
honestly the only really decent beer unibroue makes is trois pistoles.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'll beat you over the head with a bottle of that foul tasting swill

This wouldn't have happened, if I had a gun

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
actually it's that or maudite, i guess. but neither are as good as chimay or any other belgian strong dark that's actually from belgium imo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I will end both of you. Please make piece with your respective parental units

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Under the vegetable posted:

actually it's that or maudite, i guess. but neither are as good as chimay or any other belgian strong dark that's actually from belgium imo

ugh maudite, christ I had almost forgotten about that crap

tastes like water that sat in a rusty pipe for months

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
you said that about fin du monde before, lol.

though i guess most of unibroue's beers taste like that. gotta be fair.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
poo poo is nasty

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:tizzy:

I must find you both IRL, dox you and end your cretinous existence

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

VendaGoat posted:

:tizzy:

I must find you both IRL, dox you and end your cretinous existence

lighten up francis

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
people need to learn that only trappist monks should make trappist beers

except north coast brewing because they give money to a jazz school for every bottle of Brother Thelonious sold

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
you know what else is a really lovely craft beer, "pumking" by southern tier. that basically tastes like drinking a bottle of rotten sugar with pumpkin spice in it. there's no subtlety to it at all and it's pure overblown sweetness. the absolute worst of the seasonal pumpkin beers

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

bell's oarsman, it was sour and acidic and gross. oberon and two-hearted are great but gently caress anyone that recommends sour beer

also clear creek ice or mountain crest, super gross beer that is like 2.50 for a sixer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

lighten up francis

Touch my stuff, and I'll kill yah.
\

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i actually really like the russian river wine barrel aged sour beers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

people need to learn that only trappist monks should make trappist beers

except north coast brewing because they give money to a jazz school for every bottle of Brother Thelonious sold

lol one day judgement will rain down like acid on a slide, one day, all this shall dissolve and be re-applied.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

That Shiner beer that tastes like meat is pretty weird.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hops kills beer

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i like hops and the time of year you can get wet-hopped harvest season beers is my favorite time

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

logical phalluses posted:

natty is disgusting and i will never willingly drink it again

Natty is cheaper and tastes better imo than other lovely macrobrews and has a higher ABV. I drink good beers too but I'm also an alcoholic and good beer is expensive.

e: The Alchemist brewery that makes the very well-regarded Heady Topper makes a gluten-free beer made from sorghum that is loving awful but I guess the guys wife actually has celiac disease so good for him for trying. It was called Celia I don't know if they still make it.

salty fries make me cry fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

i actually really like the russian river wine barrel aged sour beers.

a couple years ago i heard sour beers are gonna be the new ipa on the block, i'll concede that it's possible that some of them are good

redshirt posted:

lol one day judgement will rain down like acid on a slide, one day, all this shall dissolve and be re-applied.

hey, remember those 3 weeks before today that you stopped posting in gbs? they were good, get the gently caress out again please

• Locked thread