Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

VendaGoat posted:

Touch my stuff, and I'll kill yah.
\

finally someone gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

finally someone gets it

Duuuuuude. If people ain't down with Harold Ramis....

gently caress them

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

when IPAs are good, they're very good

but when they're done wrong... hoo boy are they bad

ipas are actually one of the easier beers to brew and the hoppyness covers up a lot of mistakes, if you like that hoppy citrusy bite then you'll like most ipas.

As far as people saying x light beer is the worst, you probably couldn't tell it apart in a blind test. It's mostly marketing, 2 brands own like over 90% of the light beer brands and it's mostly the same style of beer in different cans, buy what's cheaper where you live.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Pivotal Lever posted:

a couple years ago i heard sour beers are gonna be the new ipa on the block, i'll concede that it's possible that some of them are good

they won't be, because the only good ones cost as much as a bottle of wine

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ArbitraryC posted:

ipas are actually one of the easier beers to brew and the hoppyness covers up a lot of mistakes, if you like that hoppy citrusy bite then you'll like most ipas.

As far as people saying x light beer is the worst, you probably couldn't tell it apart in a blind test. It's mostly marketing, 2 brands own like over 90% of the light beer brands and it's mostly the same style of beer in different cans, buy what's cheaper where you live.

I will bet you 100 American dollars I can tell the difference between bud, miller and coors light on any given day.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

natetimm posted:

I will bet you 100 American dollars I can tell the difference between bud, miller and coors light on any given day.

You're not the only one. I am out of practice though.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Victoria Bitter (VB). Even its tv commercials admit that the beer is only drinkable when it's on the very verge of freezing and you're so exhausted (from a "hard day's work" - homoeroticism heavily implied), that you'd make do with anything both cold and technically a liquid. Typically rates very poorly in blind tastings too.

Worst named beer I've had was the tap beer at a pub, called Piss (the beer was called Piss, I don't remember the pub's name). The beer itself was actually perfectly drinkable, not "sophisticated" or however hipsters define beer that doesn't taste like beer, but decent for a night with mates.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Billmac posted:

IPAs are the sriracha of beer

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
i love ipas and sriracha also

A Friendly Horse
Dec 28, 2013
realtalk porters and weissbiers are the best.

drinking bud right now. its a good hangover beer

A Friendly Horse
Dec 28, 2013
im hella strung out

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

A Friendly Horse posted:

realtalk porters and weissbiers are the best.

drinking bud right now. its a good hangover beer

I love the weis

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Franziskaner is the best

A Friendly Horse
Dec 28, 2013
agreed

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
actually its ayinger but franziskaner is extremely close, if not tied.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

that russian one

balkan

send it back gently caress its terrible

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

IPAs are very much last last year so stop complaining about them thanks

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
baltika is a really poo poo beer op

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
it's a 3-way tie between 211, bud ice and iron city

edit: gently caress a tie, steel reserve 211 is the nastiest beer around

gnarlyhotep posted:

Franziskaner is the best

Hefe Crew

Though I might prefer Weihenstephaner

Stigmata fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 10, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

baltika is a really poo poo beer op
yah baltika is what i meant not balkan. poo poo is so bad.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Yep. This circa like 1994. My brother and I were all excited it would be the best thing ever. It was the worst thing.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

This is true. Some science jerks did a study with like five of the most popular brands and nobody could tell the difference

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
XXXX and Budweiser, utter piss.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

bluemoon, saw it in UK supermarket and it was the worst beer i ever had, it was a lovely lovely witbier where they only added orange , never again

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Each beer I've drunk has been worse than the previous.
So Heineken, as it is the most recent.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There was this cheap beer I tried once called 'Beer Beer Strong' and it tasted like rotten bacon. Not a good time.

Edit: LOL here's a picture of the can. Doesn't get shittier than this.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
cheap beer tastes better in cans

good beer tastes better in bottles

this is a conclusion from my scientific research

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Lagunitas ipa has anyone said that yet

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Every Spanish beer ever made.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

what does o'douls actually taste like? i've wondered for years but never seen it for sale. i'm sure that american lager is pretty bad without the taste of alcohol to cover up the corn flavor, but is it at least useful as cooking beer or did they gently caress it even beyond that?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Somewhere between Schaeffer and PBR. Voodoo Donut is awful, and also any type of chipotle/pepper beer.

edit- its probably natty ice

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Asahi is probably the worst I've had that I can remember the name of

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The answer is Steel Reserve and all you clowns loving know it.

Eraser
Nov 11, 2000

Silent Assassin
Nap Ghost
Pretty much any sour. I don't understand why people order that poo poo. Tastes like drinking mildly fizzy lemon juice concentrate :barf:.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That Shiner Birthday Chocolate Stout is loving horrible.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Labat ice 24oz

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I once drank a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beer before I realized it was non-alcoholic. The box didn't blatantly say it and I figured it was some new cheap beer and wanted to it. At first I thought after a while I was a big loving alcoholic and why wasnt it working but then on the big yellow box in tiny white letters I saw the "0.5 ABV" and felt like a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Michelob Light

• Locked thread