Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It's fine to not particularly love the movie, but you're getting a bit silly with it when you've hit the point that you're complaining that the Kiss Army isn't a real army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, there's no need to get defensive. I was simply trying to articulate my feeling about the movie being a designed-by-committee product, and I thought the title was a good example of that. I didn't think it was a strange or pedantic example. "Rogue Nation" is like, one tier above "The Beginning" "Origins" "Revelation" as movie subtitles go.

But I wasn't trying to poo poo up the thread, so, my bad.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Snak posted:

I'm not confused by it,

Snak posted:

Also, if the Syndicate is an "Anti-IMF", functions similarly to the IMF, and is called a "Rogue Nation", does this mean the IMF is a "Nation"? Because the title of the movie makes no god damned sense.

People are getting "defensive" because you're getting weirdly stroppy about the smallest issue any film, anywhere, has ever had.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Vulpes posted:

They make mention of The Syndicate being composed of people from various countries who had defected, bringing these 'nationless' people together to create a new nation. It's clumsy for sure, but it made sense to me in the context of that speech.
It sounds vaguely Metal Gear.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snak posted:

The entire movie feels like it was designed by committee, including the title. They did a good job. They made a decent product, I guess,

From what I can gather it was quite the opposite. Seems McQuarrie and Cruise came up with everything between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

howe_sam posted:

I spent most of Rogue Nation being distracted by how much Simon Pegg and Sean Harris look alike. Other than the nose it was uncanny. Beyond that, it's a solid action-thriller. Ilsa was cool, and I hope they let Rebeca Ferguson beat up more people on film.

I thought this exact same thing, it would have been an amazing thing to have Simon Pegg turn out to be the bad guy and escape in the end, setting up the next installment.

• Locked thread