Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Might as well give this a shot.

Post here if you want in and i'll get everything set up and send out invites. If we get a lot of people will split into two divisions. If we have like 10-15 we'll just do a round robin. 30 person round robin might be a bit much, that's 30 games per person. It's up for discussion. So discuss it.

I need your PSN and post what team you want. If two people want the same team be adults and work it out.

SA: davecrazy
PSN:
Team: Mets

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Reserved.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sure why not, let's try this again.

sa: mattfl
psn: MattInFL
Team: Red Sox

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

PSN: TPotts87
Team: *sigh* Braves

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
PSN: nasty-niss
Team: Mariners

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

PSN: abbyev89
Team: orioles

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
brb_alcohol: padres

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I'm in.

Psn: rpaggio
Team: Rays

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i'm down to Twin

you know my psn

Kind of like I mentioned last night, you should consider putting a hard stop date to the season before you move it to the playoffs, since there isn't a weekly season option like in Madden or NCAA.

Jondan
Oct 18, 2005

I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once
SA: Jondan
PSN: JondanDex
Team: Rockies

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

SA: Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Team: A's

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We've got 10 people so far, sounds like enough to me. I'll start getting everything set up later tonight or tomorrow. I guess we can use the OS rosters since they were supposed to come out today.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
did you send an invite today?

didnt see one last night.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Nah I've been swamped this weekend, haven't gotten a chance yet.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm a lot better at this game than madden, so I am excited for this. Braves system is fairly decent with the OS rosters.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i am much worse at this game than Madden, but I've played so much madden the last year I need something fresh and beisbol is it!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Were invites sent?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Invites out.

Sorry for the delay.

Using the OS rosters for authentic minor leaguers!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Invites out.

Sorry for the delay.

Using the OS rosters for authentic minor leaguers!

I am so going to rush Sano and Buxton and Rosario into the bigs you have no idea

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Same for Fried and uh hmm ahhhh :suicide:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Join up, you clowns!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
ill join up tonight

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

thompson posted:

brb_alcohol: padres

mattfl posted:

Sure why not, let's try this again.

sa: mattfl
psn: MattInFL
Team: Red Sox

Waiting on you two.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Waiting on you two.

poo poo sorry. I'll try and get on tonight and join.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Need one more to join them we can activate. Thompson haven't accepted his invite.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

We're stuck at 9 users. Need 10. Make one a CPU team?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

davecrazy posted:

We're stuck at 9 users. Need 10. Make one a CPU team?

That's not a bad idea. That way at least everyone can play one game whenever they are available if there is no one else online to play.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yeah let's just start this.

I've never done it before, how does it really work? You play anybody whenever you want a certain amount of times and there's no week advancing or anything?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Its a round robin, so everybody just plays as they can. Their are no weeks.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Play ball?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

And we're off. Might take an hour or so for the activation to process on their end.

E: it's up and running.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 22, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

mattfl posted:

That's not a bad idea. That way at least everyone can play one game whenever they are available if there is no one else online to play.
so wait... back to this. Do we only play "users" and not everyone on the schedule? I still don't really get it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It's a 10 team round robin. You play every other team once. The schedule is open, so you can play any team in any order. One of the teams is run by the CPU because we had 10 people saying they wanted to play but only 9 signed up.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Hm I phrased my question poorly and I'm not really sure how to without typing a lot of gibberish. I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own.

E: So now after actually looking at it I get it. My problem was I thought it was like a normal franchise mode but we're the only 10 teams in this bizarro league. I kinda wish we played more than once though.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 22, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
on the calendar is your opponents. you play them as you can make time to, there isn't an ability to advance a week. The only advance is if dave simulates the regular season and it sims whatever isnt played and moves to the postseason.

that said, Twins are available to start playing games on Sunday.

:10bux: says i lose to the CPU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

This OS roster is trash. Matt Harvey is a mid 70 OVR reliever who lacks a change up and curveball.

Oh and the Yankees have a guy wearing #3.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 22, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

davecrazy posted:

This OS roster is trash. Matt Harvey is a mid 70 OVR reliever who lacks a change up and curveball.
What?! What kind of roster is this

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Seems legit to me.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Hahaha Shelby Miller is a reliever too and Teheran is 68 ovr and lost his dope slider. Wtf?

Edit: I have a 6 overall reliever in single a!!!!!!

I'm guessing these are the wrong rosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It was the OS official release! Most downloaded/upvoted one in the vault.

• Locked thread