Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Razzled posted:

I already didn't like him, but man after this episode I really hate Hayato. He's just the worst, he uses and uses Hikigaya and then has the gall to judge him all while benefiting as Hikigaya slowly destroys himself.
How wrong am I?
I don't think he was happy with the situation or his role in it. I think his anger at Hikki is at how much Hikki lets himself be hurt, because Hayato recognizes that Hikki is trying to help others and he thinks Hikki deserves to not be hurt so much. He just couldn't see any other way out aside from letting things blow up, and was probably mad at himself as well.

If anything, I think one of the show's more interesting aspects is how he's shown as a decent but human guy who tries to do right by those around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Razzled posted:

And yeah, I totally agree with your last statement.
Just to be clear, I was referring to Hayato there.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

Though yeah, he does seem to be crushing hard on Saika, so maybe Yui was doomed from the start.
OTOH he also crushes a bit on the teacher.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm glad the last couple of episodes seem to be focusing on Hayato because I'm still not sure what his deal is.
I'd say he feels drawn by some combination of temperament and socialization to be a peacemaker and people pleaser, but recognizes the limitations of his methods and gets a bit frustrated because alternate solutions like Hikki's are against his nature.

• Locked thread